Dear Southpark....

Gurbir23

south park is getting death threats because of their mohammed episode...shit just got real son

- Raja -

Gurbir23 said:
south park is getting death threats because of their mohammed episode...shit just got real son
That episode was stupid..likee it didnt make sense at all. BUT im more interested to about Cartmans story in that episode. Next episode maybe theyll explain what it means and what not and will find out who cartmans dad is!?

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
- Raja - said:
Southpark is the GREATEST show ever
Truth.

- Raja - said:
That episode was stupid..likee it didnt make sense at all.
False. :) That episode was a treat to all those who have watched South Park devotedly with all the references. And it's so true, Muhammad has been the only "celebrity" that has "immunity" from "ridicule". (Yes, all those quotation marks are necessary! lol) I love how people love South Park when it makes fun of everyone else, but when it makes fun of you, people go ape-shit (ie: Isaac Hayes). South Park is one of the very few shows that crosses all boundaries and rips on everyone in a smart and clever way and that's why we all love it.

- Raja -

even though it doesnt offend me i can understand why some people might be upset with this episode. Kinnel your right southpark makes its episodes to the limits to get every detail out.

Amanpaul

kinnell said:
- Raja - said:
Southpark is the GREATEST show ever
Truth.

- Raja - said:
That episode was stupid..likee it didnt make sense at all.
False. :) That episode was a treat to all those who have watched South Park devotedly with all the references. And it's so true, Muhammad has been the only "celebrity" that has "immunity" from "ridicule". (Yes, all those quotation marks are necessary! lol) I love how people love South Park when it makes fun of everyone else, but when it makes fun of you, people go ape-shit (ie: Isaac Hayes). South Park is one of the very few shows that crosses all boundaries and rips on everyone in a smart and clever way and that's why we all love it.
the episode was kinda stupid, they were just using old ideas from past episodes...but it was the 200th episode, so it did make sense to take that route. as far as the show being offensive goes, it has always been that way before they even started depicting Muhummad.
even though I was still very offended when I saw what they were doing in this episode, I remembered that the makers of this show have the ideology that you either rip on everything, or nothing at all.

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
I feel that this quote by Matt Stone (in regards to Isaac Hayes departure from the show) is truly epic and is very applicable in the cases of people all-of-a-sudden becoming offended with the show.

"In 10 years and over 150 episodes of South Park, Isaac never had a problem with the show making fun of Christians, Muslim, Mormons or Jews. He got a sudden case of religious sensitivity when it was his religion featured on the show. We never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."

I can understand that people could get offended, I don't understand why people who think it's okay to make fun of figures of other faiths would get offended. To me, it's intolerant for one to say it's funny when the show makes fun of Jesus, Mahatma Gandhi and ManBearPig, but extremely offensive when they go for Muhammad. Of course, this does not apply to people who think the entire show is offensive.

[Sher] Imran

I thought it was hilarious, people are way too sensitive. Just because Southpark or some Danish cartoonist depicts the prophet or any other religious figure/deity, it doesn't mean that it is the way of the world. People need to stop being butthurt about this stupid stuff.

Sidhu

this is hilarious... they actually went and made a response for this kid. southpark is a great show, i love it.

but, this video may seem funny, but imagine if this kid is actually being effected by this shit?! read the video's description, kid sounds pissed. haha, but... in all seriousness, its kids like this that grow up to kids that shot up virginia tech for example, and columbine. find a reason to hate, and become an outcast. sketch.

Don

damn so eric's father was scott tenorman's father. it sucks how they bleeped so much of the episode

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
I find it offensive that they would bring the Prophet Muhammad (S) into a comedy cartoon if they were being disrespectful about it. I also find it offensive when they do the same about Jesus or any other religious figure that is respected and important to people.

But in the end if they wanna do it, they will do it... If I don't like it, I just choose not to participate. Like Imran said there's no point in getting "butthurt" about it... just don't take part in it and don't support it if you don't like it

I feel this way about a lot of things ^