dhol sounds like tin can

monisingh

ok so I got a problem with my new dhol I bought just the barrel and varnished it and did up the bass roping, treble myself...now the bass sounds good but the treble sounds just like ass I can`t get any loud resonant sound out of it and i will admit the kinaar of the dhol is a bit off in some places but it is perfectly curved all round just some parts the curve is a bit more angled because the size is off by 2 millimeters so I decided to equal out the size. pls help me out with this

taminder

Sorry, a bit off topic: Is this the one you said you just bought in Jalandhar? I just read your post & am thinking about buying one from the same ustad lol. I'm ordering it so I don't know anything about the dhol... I've only seen that video where I can't really tell how good it is.

monisingh

taminder said:
Sorry, a bit off topic: Is this the one you said you just bought in Jalandhar? I just read your post & am thinking about buying one from the same ustad lol. I'm ordering it so I don't know anything about the dhol... I've only seen that video where I can't really tell how good it is.
naa not from him lol my dad was gonna get it from him but he was asking 15000 rupees for 1 dhol which is about $300 canadian but his barrels are quality stuff if your willing to spend 300 bucks on a dhol in india when you know you can get same if not better quality stuff in punjab for half the price

monisingh

monisingh said:
taminder said:
naa not from him lol my dad was gonna get it from him but he was asking 15000 rupees for 1 dhol which is about $300 canadian but his barrels are quality stuff if your willing to spend 300 bucks on a dhol in india when you know you can get same if not better quality stuff in punjab for half the price
and I wouldn`t just order it dude who knows he might rip you off and send you a dhol with fillers and shit try to get family to check it out before he makes it

taminder

Yeah, my mom's going to get it for me but she doesn't know anything about dhols. I'm telling her to get a 13x13x25 kali taali with no varnish & nuts/bolts on tilli side. I just told her to check to make sure there are no cracks/repairs and that it sounds good to her. I saw a post in the youtube comments where one guy said he got his for 7500 rupees with a case and extra skins

monisingh

taminder said:
Yeah, my mom's going to get it for me but she doesn't know anything about dhols. I'm telling her to get a 13x13x25 kali taali with no varnish & nuts/bolts on tilli side. I just told her to check to make sure there are no cracks/repairs and that it sounds good to her. I saw a post in the youtube comments where one guy said he got his for 7500 rupees with a case and extra skins
yeah that was me lol i got mine for 7500 rupees and its pretty sick quality

taminder

maybe the rim isn't properly sanded?

that's the only thing I could come up with since your bass side sounds fine.

monisingh

dholipav said:
have you tried putting on a different treble? what treble is it and where is it from?
I tried remo clear diplomat and ebony ambassadar both gave off the same shitty sound