• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Duniya Allstars @ Elite 8 Bhangra Invitational 2010 (GTVHD)

nick_jatt

first time ive seen this team and i actually really enjoyed it. Thought the bit with the shikkeh and making a star was quite clever. The mirror bit was absolutely immense and looked wicked !!... the energy levels varied a bit but overall a solid performance.

Ricky916

Didn't NBA do the mirrior thing at bulldog 09?!?!
This was the first time I've seen this team nd didn't really seem lik it shiksa been an elite 8 performance

Archana

Ricky916 said:
Didn't NBA do the mirrior thing at bulldog 09?!?!
This was the first time I've seen this team nd didn't really seem lik it shiksa been an elite 8 performance
I agree with you ricky. I didnt feel that this was an elite 8 performance. The beginning shika part was a bit odd. And there was a bit too much hip hop. However, energy was good. I love the move at 5:06. Also, I felt Duniya did a better job with the mirror than NBA.

A.T.

can someone post the song at 53 seconds plzz..and whats thier jhoomer song called?

JustBhangra

I found that some people were full of energy and others were super tired. Perfect your stamina and they'll be a huge improvement. Also just because your in the back for a formation it doesn't mean you can let go of your energy. Believe me, the judges and the audience can see everything.
Just a couple of points to keep in your head for next time.

Formations were a bit off at points or sometimes just unclear. Also i noticed some of your dancers have different ways of executing certain moves. (maybe because of their from different teams.) I would recommend going through each move with your team in a more technical aspect. Also maybe it's just my style, but I think it would have been a better performance if you just started with the saap's. Mirror thing was pretty clever and I liked the whole idea of it being a TV show. Maybe to much hip hop modern stuff.. I don't know.

Other wise, good performance and looking forward to seeing you guys at more competitions. ;)

turabali

Joshiley Jawan ____ holla
i really like DA's performance. especailly when raju was playhing the dhol and singing at the same time. preaty hyped dance.

m_gill88

I was a little disappointed after watching this. I expected a little better from Duniya. :( I felt that the energy was lacking as was the synchronization. It seemed like it was a little rushed and some people forgot moves. I agree with there being too much hip hop in the mix, it seemed to take over! You guys have done much better performances!

Overall I liked the creativity and the mix was pretty good despite the hip hop. :D ..any chances you guys might post it?

crimsonNcream

Loved the TV thing going on...3d glasses haha
Def thought the mirror thing was on point (It had an overall much better mirror effect than NBA at bulldog imo)

I know being redundant but although there were synch issues and energy disparities that prevented this from being THE elite of elite 8, it was still an awesome, creative and very entertaining performance!

lavesh

idk how raju sings and plays dhol, thats maddd hard...props! loved the vardiyaa 2

but yo, omg thats the WEIRDEST thing ever...my juinor team, gajjdi jawani, used cotton eye joe on the EXACT same day at VPD hahaha....we did sialkoti with the hand-foot slap dance that is done in cotton eye joe lol, thats so weird that someone in nc and someone in bc thought of using the same random country song for a bhangra routine on the same day

Jungly_Jatt

Straight The Folk Up
Hats off to Mr. Raju Johal ;) once again Tooo sick Weeereh.

Overall didnt like it. NOT duniya ALLSTAR like performance.

Raju still holding down one of the top male dancers in BC position :)

Davinder Dhaliwal

Tell Em What They Wanna Hear!
The sheesha gimick was done really well. and props to raju johal for playing dhol and singing after all that dancing.