• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Duniya De Rang @ BXB 2017: Video & Mix

angeblah

Staff member
Hi everyone,

Duniya De Rang (DDR) is proud to present our debut performance from Big 10 Bhangra (BXB). We dedicate this to all the dancers & mentors who made bhangra a meaningful part of our lives:

Red: Nathan Ellebracht (Emory, Cal) and Ashley Espinoza (Alamo)
Blue: Howie Magaro (AEG) and Angela Luo (DRP)
Pink: Brad Rosenblum (VT) and Inez Escandon (Alamo)
Yellow: James Shen (AEG) and Emily Chei (Cornell)
Orange: Brian Chang (Rochester) and Rebecca Ho Van Dyke (Rochester)
Green: Ryan Daley (Rochester) and Katie Harvey (Rochester)
Dholi: Karan Singh (VT)

We welcome feedback for our performance! Shoutout to GTV for the video!

And our sincere thanks to Sargam and Harjot for creating our fire mix:

Getting everyone to the big stage was a true team effort. On the internal end, I'd like to thank...

Nathan, Ashley, Brad, Howie, & Luvreet for assisting with choreography
James for finances & logistics
Brian for the reveal/intro video editing. Ryan and Brad for video planning
Ashley & Inez for team promotion & social media management
Karan for playing dhol & tying paghs
Pavan & Rohan for creating danceapp. Our set's formations were created and distributed with their platform.
Howie for captaining with me

BXB was our first time dancing together, and we had less than 48 hours to prepare. The following people went above and beyond during our time crunch:

Radhika and Sonia were amazing liaisons. Special shoutout to Radhika, who took care of us during our all-nighter practice.
Riya and Abhishek / BXB Committee for their generous hospitality and for making sure our team got the practice space and rest we needed. Thank you for the privilege to dance at BXB!
Nikhil who drove all of the Rochester/Cornell dancers and still stayed up with us to help record rehearsals.

Finally, my utmost gratitude goes out to our dancers and members-at-large for their incredible passion and hard work. We did it!

-Angela

Last edited:

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
One of my favorite things to have ever happened on the bhangra circuit! Love that you guys were able to actually go through with the idea! Hope you guys get to do more in the near future :)

Last edited:

desi99

Aruan S.
such great characters we have, not just this team but every non-Punjabi in the Bhangra community who is open to such experiences in life...y'all easily rip Bhangra better than half of the Punjabis here in Canada loll
Great job by every single dancer, and congrats for making this happen.

Last edited:

jasvig

Jaskirat Vig
This was such an interesting concept! I hope this performance encourages more non-desis to give bhangra a shot and help expand our bhangra circuit!

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
I was so happy to see this actually come together. Majors props to all of those involved in helping this transform from just an idea to performing at a competition.

I hope in the future we can see more of DDR (great name btw)!

~ Basim :)

Howie Magz

Hey @Basim thanks for the support! We are planning on doing another competition in the near future. It is just difficult for us to coordinate everyone together for a competition. We are all literally from all over the U.S and from 7 different teams. Maybe we will do a live set next? But as of now we do not have any plans.

angeblah

Staff member
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! It was an unforgettable experience that made me remember why I dance bhangra. I hope this is just the beginning for us.

T'was nice finally meeting you Angela
<3 See you guys in Vegas!

That'll be badass - especially if you get a whole non-desi bando_O:cool:
Anyone wanna hook us up with some sarangi lessons? :D

R_Sharma

Damn--the fact that you guys were able to put this together with people legit from all across the country is unreal. Regardless of the non-desi concept (which was dope btw), this was one hell of a performance. Loved the set and the fire everyone brought to the stage.

Shoutout to Rochester Bhangra (Brian, Rebecca, Katie, Ryan) for all the representation....y'all killed it!! Hope to see this team compete again very soon:)