• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Duniya De Rang: Team Reveal

Duniya De Rang

Hi everyone,

This is Angela Luo ("angeblah") from DRP. I am thrilled to introduce Duniya De Rang, the mystery team competing at Big 10 Bhangra Competition.

What is Duniya De Rang?

A competitive team of non-Desi bhangra dancers from across the United States.
A celebration of the unique stories about how bhangra shaped our lives.
A way of giving back to a community that has graciously shared their culture with us.

This is our story:

----

Special thanks to Jordan Wong (JJ, KPGD, CBS, FCB, & many more) and Howie Magaro (AEG, MBT, FS) who founded this team in November 2015.

And our most sincere thanks to the bhangra community. Thank you all for sharing your art form with us.

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for future updates and team member reveals.

hardeep_singh

jordan and howie, i'm proud of you guys, you've both dealt with bullshit in the circuit and been treated like "token non-desis". i'm glad you've used those experiences to create something positive. honestly i'm kinda envious of what you've accomplished, i've wanted for the longest time to be a part of a team completely comprised of straight-edge punjabi speaking sardars, but i think we're rare breed in the bhangra circuit.

BhangraSUCKS

jordan and howie, i'm proud of you guys, you've both dealt with bullshit in the circuit and been treated like "token non-desis". i'm glad you've used those experiences to create something positive. honestly i'm kinda envious of what you've accomplished, i've wanted for the longest time to be a part of a team completely comprised of straight-edge punjabi speaking sardars, but i think we're rare breed in the bhangra circuit.
Ludhiana and Patiala have some nice Sardars you can recruit