****ELITE 4? Allstar edition? ***** + ****Bhangra Federation?***

Ak_Di_Nishani

Just an idea that i thought of that would be a dream come true for bhangra fanatics. Although VERY impossible wouldnt it be amazing to have each region represented by an "ALLSTAR" team. Meaning take the best maybe 12-16 dancers from each region and create a rostor that represents that region. So like Canada East versus Canada West versus USA East versus USA West. elite 8 represented the best teams from each region but not neccasarily the best dancers. I would totally believe that Canada East would take it, calloboration of SGPD, Nachdi Jawani, NYPD, TEB, AG, Jawani Warriors, NSJ off the hoooook competition. Like i said its probably impossible to do but one can dream.

Edit: Another thought i came up with was, adding in four more teams again from the same regions but this time take the best girls and have two winners for the the comp the best girl region and best guy region.

Edit: This thread has turned into a conversation of a possible bhangra federation to administer points and standing for respect teams like a sort of league. Lets hear what you think.

Tuckerrrr

Re: ****ELITE 4? Allstar edition?****

Ak_Di_Nishani said:
Just an idea that i thought of that would be a dream come true for bhangra fanatics. Although VERY impossible wouldnt it be amazing to have each region represented by an "ALLSTAR" team. Meaning take the best maybe 12-16 dancers from each region and create a rostor that represents that region. So like Canada East versus Canada West versus USA East versus USA West. My mouth is drouling thinking of a competition like that, elite 8 represented the best teams from each region but not neccasarily the best dancers. I would totally believe that Canada East would take it, calloboration of SGPD, Nachdi Jawani, NYPD, TEB, AG, Jawani Warriors, NSJ off the hoooook competition. Like i said its probably impossible to do but one can dream.

Edit: Another thought i came up with was, adding in four more teams again from the same regions but this time take the best girls and have two winners for the the comp the best girl region and best guy region.
ur mouth is what?

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...

with so many teams swapping/trading/alternating/switching/recruiting dancers, it defeats the purpose of this. Esp the region you mentioned that would take the crown, canada east....SGPD, NJ, NSJ, Shan-E, Rooh, all these teams have dancers who have been on the other teams at some point. If you think about it, every toronto team is basically an all star team in theory since most dancers have had his origin on another team. The same can be said about every other region, except not to this extreme.

SunnyParmar

I think it's an awesome idea. Sometimes dancers don't get the recognition they deserve because they might not dance on the best team or just don't get as much exposure. I don't think any region would be any then the other. There are stellar teams ALL over NA, thats what makes bhangra here so amazing. Imagine canada east with nj,sgpd,rooh and canada west with duniya,ubc,pcac,pcbca,jawani , us east with vcu, (so many talented dancers in the university teams), and us west with empire, babc, lbc, heerah and there are many more from each region.

Another idea to add on to that would be choosing the best dancer or representative from each team to collaborate 8 teams in a region to make an ultimate team, that way every team can rep. Love the idea though.

Robby R

Tuckerrrr said:
Ak_Di_Nishani said:
Just an idea that i thought of that would be a dream come true for bhangra fanatics. Although VERY impossible wouldnt it be amazing to have each region represented by an "ALLSTAR" team. Meaning take the best maybe 12-16 dancers from each region and create a rostor that represents that region. So like Canada East versus Canada West versus USA East versus USA West. My mouth is drouling thinking of a competition like that, elite 8 represented the best teams from each region but not neccasarily the best dancers. I would totally believe that Canada East would take it, calloboration of SGPD, Nachdi Jawani, NYPD, TEB, AG, Jawani Warriors, NSJ off the hoooook competition. Like i said its probably impossible to do but one can dream.

ur mouth is what?
hahaha, proof-reading posts is never a bad thing ladies and gentleman

hsdeol

if you had a list of every "registered" team in each region, you could ask team captains to have a nomination process at a practice to have a few of their dancers registered for an official ballot of some sort. the ballot could then be published for each region in which the nominated dancers and registered teams are displayed (maybe video links too?). from that, a team could be narrowed down to a select group of dancers.

not sure how you would then get teams together for practice, who would do the choreography, or where team funding would come from (among a lot of other errors, remember the east coast is pretty big)

in theory this would work, but in no way could this actually happen.

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*

Harman hits a lot of the issues dead-on. But honestly, even in theory, this does not pan out. Logistical issues aside, the team dynamic is crucial to a team's success, especially at this high caliber level where you need nothing less than perfect coordination but out-of-the-box creative choreography. Hell, a lot of All-Star teams fail because there's so much ego on board. What makes you think putting some random people on an island is going to be drama-free and productive? Dancers have been use to different ways of practicing, different team dynamics and definitely different dancing styles.

It won't work for the goal you have in mind. What this would produce would not be better in quality than the SGPD, VCU, NJ calibre performances! Those teams have formed bonds, have dancers that have worked together for many years and may practice up to 35 hours a week. They have the current status because they have evolved to become efficient machines. You could use advanced prostheses to replace healthy body parts with artificial mechanisms to improve function, there will always exist an issue with compatibility and the body may simply reject the addition sooner or later. If it was not for the logistical issues, it might be a fun thing to watch, but don't expect phenomenal performances. You're no longer representing your academy, your school or your hometown. The motivation to defend a really vague region like US East is not going to be there.

But it would make one HELL of a TV Show.

Ajaypalsingh

lol the amount of beef there is between some of the teams here in t dot, by the time the teams have to go to the competition we'd all end up shooting one another. Wayyyy too much drama here to pull it off bro.

Ak_Di_Nishani

hhaha sorry about that mouth thing.

and yee i agree that its impossible thats why i stated it but boy o boy would it be amazing to watch.

and agree 100% with the beef with teams in tdot, haha it was just an idea that would be utterly impossible but equally amazing if it ever happeneed

soorma23

You know what would work tho...a bhangra league!...teams compete in competitions (games...lol)...and u rack up points based on where u place in each comp....and then at the end of the bhangra league season..assuming its at the end of the yr...teams are ranked...and 8 teams make the playoffs...there r 4 divisions (regions)..soo winner of each division makes up the top 4...and then the rest are up to the ranks in terms of points...(so u can quite possibly have 3 teams from 1 division..lol)...and there is a competition...and u have a 2 day comp...soo 1st day 5 minute set...the top 4 move onto the next day and put on an ill 8-10min performance...and we get the best bhangra team!...2 performances in 2 days shows stamina..creativity...strategy!

hsdeol

hmm dont think that would work either, but what if there was an official bhangra dancers association of some sort. there could be member identification/registration. Teams could then be officially registered, and have officially registered dancers. i guess this would be a way of league-ifying the whole circuit in to a much more organized and efficient system. it would be real nice to submit 8-16 id numbers to a competition and they could pull up all the info (including ids) instead of having to send mass pdfs.

Ak_Di_Nishani

Thats a mad legit idea having an acutally federation but i dont think that would work for North america but rather as the two countries but theres so many legal issues and paperwork that would have to be made, and all the competitons that occur would have to be under that federations banner and probably that federation would have to take a percentage of that profit. I dont think comp organizers would be okay with that. Maybe Gabroo TV could look into it haha harjots looking for some work and this way he could get money for what he does madd sick idea hahah.

soorma23

very trueee...the profits would be shared with federation organizers...but imagine...dancer contracts..and the amount of additional league competitions there would be because of the additional revenue gained...too be honest...everyone that goes to watch a bhangra competition...wishes they could do it again in a months time or so...and not wait an entire yr before it returns to their area...the only hurdle would be initial funding to start it up...more places could be explored for competition grounds...there is yet to be a dance league in any country!...with this includes the idea of individual registration...everyone's stats so to speak would be recorded..banchaud...u could finally have awards for best choreo...best performance of the yr..best dancer...etc....haha...lol...imagine trading dancers within division ofcourse...hahah! (now thas farfetched..but i see it in the future)...bhangra is growing!

hsdeol

not really seeing this as a high budget thing. it would take a lot of work and planning, i feel like swi's database is a great start. we wouldnt need a whole lot of funding (esp from competitions), but we would need their full support. after that we could talk taking a commission to help the organization grow into a legitimate establishment. im not really saying run it like a professional sporting organization (with trades and shit) but to use prosports as a model. i think this could help teams actually get paid from competitions they win too.

Ak_Di_Nishani

Again these ideas are great but it would take a passionate group of individuals to pull this off and have all teams sign off on it. Its more likely to work on two seperate federations maybe a CBF and a ABF (canada bhangra federation , america bhangra federation) but even thats a strech, still makes for good conversation

hooligansharma

Man i like all the ideas here.

just a thought but how bout at the start of a competition day give each team the same set of songs and give them a DJ to help them mix. they have however many hours that day to come up with a routine in a high pressure, highly creative dynamic environment.

would be a great reality tv show.

Ak_Di_Nishani

hooligansharma said:
Man i like all the ideas here.

just a thought but how bout at the start of a competition day give each team the same set of songs and give them a DJ to help them mix. they have however many hours that day to come up with a routine in a high pressure, highly creative dynamic environment.

would be a great reality tv show.
that would just take away from practice makes perfect. Also it would probbaly just result in a number of mistakes and making bhangra less enjoyable, because the sets wouldnt be clean and you would forget most of the moves.