Elite 8 Bhangra Invitational 2012: UNC Bhangra Elite (Official HD Video)

not to be disrespectful but dam man yall didnt go hard at all no wonder yall were being soo clean ... im going to be honest and say that cal bhangra is bout 100X better then this cause they actually go reallly hard throughout the entire set and still look cleaner than this! choero and formations are sick and stuff but dang man yall needa pump up that energy by 6000000000%. IT looked like yall were in slow mo the entire set. Jugni was bad asss btw!

Multani

The view with the audience in the end looked amazing Harjot, it looked as I was in the show. Nice performance, kept consistent and not lot of hurry hurry shit(maybe speed up lil bit). Dancers do lake nakhra thou.

Thanks Harjot 22, rabb bhala kare tere camere dah haha

asingh720

Multani said:
Thanks Harjot 22, rabb bhala kare tere camere dah haha

forreals yo.

Awesome job- props, drumline, dubstep, and the expressions throughout; and excellent performance!

Gopi D

Loved watching this live..In my opinion, best coed team of the year!...Maybe even best team of the year :)

Varan Rakhra

bas iko varr boldi dunali te doji vari VARAN bolda
They did what they were good at.. Clean graceful Bhangra.. Just cause there not going buck wild doesn't mean they had no energy.. They were consistent threw out the whole performance an no one sticked out on stage n they also had a preety decent routine with fresh ideas.. Unc keep doing your thing n stick to it.. Obviously your winning with it :) congrats!

hsdeol

love the performance, and i love the routine! without a doubt one of the most fun performances to see live. i do have a lil bit of an issue with the way the formations were constructed tho. i feel that in the past judges looked at formations and tried to see if a team equally rotated dancers throughout the routine. the execution of this set heavily relied on the performance of the orange jodi (specifically the 2 guy dancers). im not sure i saw the yellow jodi (guys and girls) or the blue girls. while the people who were in the front for most of the routine killed it, i would have liked to see more dancers highlighted at the front. regardless, UNC killed it this year and definitely proved that they deserved a spot in the Elite 8 line up. I dont know what the future of this team is looking like, but im excited to see the bE tradition carry on next year!

great job everyone! congrats to the seniors!

campy614

hsdeol said:
love the performance, and i love the routine! without a doubt one of the most fun performances to see live. i do have a lil bit of an issue with the way the formations were constructed tho. i feel that in the past judges looked at formations and tried to see if a team equally rotated dancers throughout the routine. the execution of this set heavily relied on the performance of the orange jodi (specifically the 2 guy dancers). im not sure i saw the yellow jodi (guys and girls) or the blue girls. while the people who were in the front for most of the routine killed it, i would have liked to see more dancers highlighted at the front. regardless, UNC killed it this year and definitely proved that they deserved a spot in the Elite 8 line up. I dont know what the future of this team is looking like, but im excited to see the bE tradition carry on next year!

I thought the performance was fun and entertaining. Formations were great, the set itself was well thought out, and execution was near flawless. There just aren't enough good things that one can say about the performance. Also everyone loves a good drum line, and the audience ate it up.

Congrats on being Elite 8 champs :)

However, every performance has its cons. I will have to agree with Harman on the rotation of dancers. There was always some member of the orange jori front and center for at least 90% of the performance. I didn't see enough yellow or blue at all.

Also, I do see where Deepi is coming from-but it isn't that there was a lack of energy, which was what I thought at first. It's that the movements are TOO controlled and restricted. The bonus of this, of course, is that it makes execution 10x's easier. The bad side is that it looks like there's a lack of energy.

The difference between UNC and Cal Bhangra is that UNC's form is controlled throughout each move, where Cal's form is controlled to an extent and then anything afterward just comes naturally (yet still somehow manages to be syncronized). It doesn't have to be controlled all the way through. The plus side of the latter is that it looks like there's more energy, and it looks like it comes naturally (as if each member of Cal Bhangra popped out of the womb doing jugni).

By all means it is up to the team at large to determine which is better. I think now that you know you can do the former, maybe it's time to challenge yourselves by transitioning to the latter.

Gopi D

I think the one thing that sets UNC apart from other collegiate teams this year is that they have cleanliness, consistency, and originality throughout there routines. (besides the khunda tossing but they still managed to make it different!) The one great thing about watching new performances is seeing new ideas being done and seeing how creative a team can get with there routine. Although the execution and cleanliness may be there, watching the same stuff done over and over by other teams gets kinda boring.

NavSingh21

campy614 said:
hsdeol said:

The difference between UNC and Cal Bhangra is that UNC's form is controlled throughout each move, where Cal's form is controlled to an extent and then anything afterward just comes naturally (yet still somehow manages to be syncronized). It doesn't have to be controlled all the way through. The plus side of the latter is that it looks like there's more energy, and it looks like it comes naturally (as if each member of Cal Bhangra popped out of the womb doing jugni).

haha the last comment had me dyin bro!!! ;D

NavSingh21

Sick performance UNC and congrats on stellar year. It was nice hanging out with all you guys at the Blowout mixer and the after-after party! I hope to see you guys around and best of luck in the future.

campy614

NavSingh21 said:
campy614 said:
hsdeol said:

I do work ;-)

Manreet

NavSingh21 said:
campy614 said:
hsdeol said:

get off BTF and study you hoe!!! I agree with Varun, UNC keep doing what you do and stick with it. Your ideas are fresh and your execution is flawless, congratz on your well deserved win at elite. See you guys next year!

Varan Rakhra

bas iko varr boldi dunali te doji vari VARAN bolda
Manreet said:
NavSingh21 said:
campy614 said:
hsdeol said:

get off BTF and study you hoe!!! I agree with Varun, UNC keep doing what you do and stick with it. Your ideas are fresh and your execution is flawless, congratz on your well deserved win at elite. See you guys next year!

Varan*** :)