• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

EXTREMELY OFF-TOPIC, but how do you guys meet people/date?

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Look for someone named Luddi, Faslan, or with the first name Sial and the last name Koti.

Your children could then be named Dhammal, Phumania, Chaffa, Jugni, etc! A complete bhangra family!

Haii Sammi mere waar, mai wari mai wari ni Sammih!

~ Basim :)

P.S. - I hear once you cross 500 BTF posts you get access to a special part of the this website called "BTF Viah Jamao." I am anxiously waiting myself.

SAMMI

PartyJatt - Thanks, but no thanks! :D

smp - Yes, of course it's serious. Thanks for the calming words, I guess. I know I'm not the only one now.

SAMMI

Basim said:
Look for someone named Luddi, Faslan, or with the first name Sial and the last name Koti.

Your children could then be named Dhammal, Phumania, Chaffa, Jugni, etc! A complete bhangra family!

Haii Sammi mere vaan, mai varni ni Sammih!

~ Basim :)

P.S. - I hear once you cross 500 BTF posts you get access to a special part of the this website called "BTF Viah Jamao." I am anxiously waiting myself.

Zomgzz no way?!?!! ;D

And you're a witty one with the family inference!

J Hayer

i think you just need to try to let things happen as they will...i know that may sound like giving up, but it's more like waiting things out.
it may sound cliche as hell, but i think you'll find your life will fall into place and youll be glad it did as it did.

and i'm glad you don't come across as desperate, props for that... hell, even if you do meet a guy who fits your criteria, there's a significant chance things still won't work out. be well, be optimistic...and look to the future. what you can't affect, why let it badger you? (cliche as hell, sorry lol)

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
I give you a lot of respect for still being selective on what you want in a significant other, despite being in a less than ideal situation. I feel that a lot of girls, as they get older, begin to compromise on that out of desperation. But what's worse is that they don't want to seem like they don't have control, so they validate it by saying that "I like a guy with a little bit of fat", "I think his bald spot is cute" or that "I grew up in the US, I'm not all that Indian anyways" when that is far from the truth. Don't compromise on your values. You can't be picky, but it'll pay off in the long run to be selective.

Make the most of every opportunity and try new things often. Change up your routine and meet new people. Things tend to work out for the better, but you have take a few chances and shake things up to get the pieces to start falling together.

justAguy

^chilllan w/ AMY GOODMAN in my pic wooo im famous^
SAMMI said:
and my family doesn't have a lot of Punjabi people to network with
WEll there's your problem !!! Sounds like you aspire to meet desi n Punjabi people... STAY AWAYYY and your life will be sorrow free ;D

hardeep_singh

probably a good idea not to bother trying to start a relationship through anything at all related to bhangra. if you're just looking for something casual get something going with someone that you see regularly and maybe interact with sometimes, gyms are good spots for stuff like that. if your trying to stick to punjabi, hit up a gurudwara or mandir see if anyone catches your eye. if there's nothing around hit up areas with a big punjabi population, take a trip to cali or toronto, if you have friends or relatives i doubt they'll be shy about hookin u up. hit up big desi events u never know when u might just bump into someone. also make it obvious from the start what you're lookin for, women who can't decide what kinda relationship they're down for usually end up screwin it up pretty quick. sucks being in an area with low punjabi population.

dii182

I'm not exactly an expert on this topic, but if you aren't geographically located around a Punjabi community (and I know this has been recommended but still) make trips to cities that have one. If there's some event going on, it'd be a great place to network a bit, and it'd be a fun vacation.

Again, not an expert, but I understand why you want to get out there soon and at least start somewhere

PartyJatt

sgrewal30 said:
date ankur
Ankur will most likely start out by saying "Happy Birthday."
If you were on vent, you would understand this joke.

P.S - I think only Harman, Ankur, and I would understand this... sorry for the insider.