• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

★★★★★ FAUJ Announcement ★★★★★

Cherag

FAUJ started competing 4 years ago in 2011. Our purpose was to represent Boston at bhangra competitions and leave our mark on the circuit. In the last 4 years, we've competed at 16 of the biggest competitions across the continent. Our memories of these competitions is not only limited to the trophies and our placings, but more so of the actual performances on stage we were able to put on as a result of the hard work of our team members and extended family, the support we got from our fans and the help we got from competition organizers.

We've had a hell of a journey, but FAUJ at Elite 8 Bhangra 2015 this past month will mark the end of our original journey that we set forth on 4 years ago. All good things must come to an end.

We are thankful for the opportunities afforded to us by competitions. A lot of competitions gave us a shot before we had proven ourselves and these opportunities allowed us to perform for a greater global audience. Until this point, we have yet to drop out of a competition because we understand the importance of commitment, but unfortunately, with heavy hearts, we will not be able to perform at the World's Best Bhangra Crew competition this year. The WBBC committee has been very understanding and we know they will be hosting one of the best events of the decade. We would also like to wish the best of luck to Nachde Shokeen Gabroo - we would have loved to share the stage with you again. And finally, to the rest of the circuit and our fans, thank you for everything. Without you, there would be no FAUJ.

FAUJ Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/FAUJBhangra
FAUJ Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/FAUJBhangra
FAUJ Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/FAUJBhangra

(Elite 8 Bhangra 2015 Mix has been added to Soundcloud)

DamanSingh

When that "All good things must come to an end" video was played at Elite 8, and when that thread with the same title was posted shortly after, I assumed it meant F*A*U*J is planning to retire, but I thought it would be after WBBC. Anyway, I'm glad I was able to catch your last performance live from the audience in DC.

I remember watching the second (If I remember correctly, second, after VPD '11) performance of your career live at Bhangra Fever 2011. That second place performance remains one of my favorite F*A*U*J performances, right after VPD 2012, which is my favorite F*A*U*J performance of all-time. You guys have come a long away since 2011 - VPD, Fever, Bayside, BBC, Idols, Bell, Bruin, etc and Elite 8 - what a great journey from start to finish.

I'm glad I've been able to watch the team evolve over the past four years. Although I'm a bigger fan of your older performances (particularly those from 2011/2012), the stylstic changes and improved level of execution in recent years are very impressive. The military theme is very powerful, and you guys took full advantage of it, using it develop your team both on the stage and off.

Congrats an a great career!

Shoutout to Cherag, Kinnell, Gurteg, Tarundeep and all of the other Faujis 8)

ishaankolluri

I saw your set live at Elite. Barring the technical difficulties, it was amazing to see the execution that my friends and I always talk about performed on stage. The buildup into jugni had me out of my seat and jumping a good 2 feet in the air - just heard the mix, and it's so hype.

I've only experienced the circuit for about 2 years, and FAUJ has been there as a force to be reckoned with, and admired for young teams like mine. We refer to this day to videos of FAUJ from WBBC, BBC, Idols, and more to remind our team of some of the elements of bhangra to be emulated, and we'll continue to do so in the future.

I'm incredibly sad to hear that FAUJ will be hanging up their uniforms this year, as I wanted to see so, so much more. Best of luck to you and your team members. I greatly hope you all continue to advise, critique, and impact the circuit in the way that you've done before and after I and my contemporaries were introduced to the world of competitive bhangra. Thank you for the lessons that I've learnt from seeing you perform.

rnarang

Damn. The first time I went to see a comp was WBBC 2 years ago when I got to watch that insane matchup vs BK, and you guys have been one of my favorite teams since. Sad to hear this, but congrats on such a successful 4 years!

teanah203

You guys have been one of my favorite teams to watch and never ceased to amaze me with your new gimmicks, creativity, and energy. Best of luck to all the dancers in the future! Hope you guys pull a JJ and reunite for a comeback performance soon :D