• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

First Class Bhangra @ Elite 8 2015 and WBBC 2015 + Mix

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
First I would like to thank Harjot for taking and editing the videos, and adding in the kind words he did.

We also can't offer enough thanks to all of those who supported us throughout the entire performance at Elite 8: Shoutouts to CMU, SMD, JJ, and every team and audience member that encouraged us all the way to the end. Special congrats to JJ for taking home the crown!

Another shoutout to Tejas for always being at practice and playing dhol for us. We would not have been ready for Elite 8 without you. (And thanks for making e8 turn the lights back on during dhamaal LOL)

For full review of e8, see this

As for WBBC, we'd like to thank the committee for putting on a hell of a show and running an amazing competition! Congrats to every team that came out and showcased some AMAZING bhangra that night. Special shoutout to JVD, Ankhile, and BASS for coming all the way to Jersey and another one to JVD for taking home the belt!

We want to thank JJ for allowing us to borrow their chaadre for our WBBC performance! SRK, you came in clutch!

We hope you enjoy the performances and would welcome any comments, and all feedback.

First Class Bhangra @ Elite 8 Bhangra 2015

Participants:

Red - Ram Mahalingam, Sumeet Jindal
Black - Sid Pandit, Azie Dhingra
Orange - Akash Bansal, Jay Vakil
Dark Blue - Dhir Patwa, Jigar Saraiya
Green - Rohan Bansal, Sahil Dadoo
Ferozi - Samir Koppolu, Ajay Kanakamedala
Pilot - Neel Brahme

Singer - Ikamjeet Gill
Dholi - Ram Viswanathan

First Class Bhangra @ Worlds Best Bhangra Crew 2015
Red - Ram Mahalingam, Sumeet Jindal
Black - Dhir Patwa, Jigar Saraiya
Orange - Akash Bansal, Jay Vakil
Dark Blue - Sid Pandit, Azie Dhingra
Green - Rohan Bansal, Sujay Turakhia
Ferozi - Samir Koppolu, Ajay Kanakamedala
Pilot - Neel Brahme
Singer - Ikam Gill
Dholi - Tejasvir Rekhi

Download Mixes Here!

Much love!

Attachments

Raghav

Re: First Class Bhangra @ Elite 8 2015 + Mix

Such a hype performance! Loved how the crowd was supporting you guys throughout the entire performance - just unreal.

FCB, nuff said ;)

scaplash

Husky Bhangra (retired); KWG; GR

This video gave me chills. The level of energy and passion only grew in all the dancers as the performance went on. Mad props for not even flinching when the music cut off. This performance and this video will def go down as one of those elite performances.

PunjabPolice

Really easy to get lost in the hype. Watching this live was amazing and it was probably the first time I ever cheered for a team. With that said this had a lot of mistakes. It's unfortunate because this set would have looked a lot better done on music, but what can you do. I've heard some people say that FCB may venture into live after this performance. I hope it isn't true, however, great job on stage given the circumstance.

Howie Magz

This is sick!!! It takes a lot to pull off such a thing spontaneously. Props to all of the FCB boys for putting on such a show at Elite 8 this year. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member

AIRPLANE KAATOS! Didn't expect to see that anytime soon, lol.

Checked out this video over my lunch break. Absolutely amazing performance and a treat to watch on youtube. I can't even imagine how insane it must have been in the Lisner auditorium.

Ram really stepped it up and this shows the importance of having your dholi practice to the mix (alone and with the team).

Also, huge respect to the entire FCB team for not even flinching (as scaplash put in) when the music stopped. To remain that in sync and be able to execute so well is a testament to the amount of practice you guys put it. Saap segment was killer, especially since you could hear the props/instruments so well. Good variation of pace, formations were solid, and the ending was great.

Just a few critiques that I quickly noted were energy levels & nakhre varied a lot amongst dancers, especially as they moved to the front and back. There were a few minor chaadra issues here and there. Overall, not a bad performance. Look forward to what you guys bring at upcoming competitions.

~ Basim :)

The Honest Truth

Love the idea of doing a shikkay segment later on in the set. Definently changes it up a bit and makes the latter set of the routine even funner. I also liked the whole "pilot theme first class theme". I think you guys have come really far from where you first started. Its really cool seeing a team grow as much as you have and take yourself to an Elite level. The execution of this was by far one of the coolest things i've ever seen. Whereas most teams would probably have thrown a feud, you guys handled and responded to this in the classiest way possible and that really is as Harjot put it in the description what seperates boys from men. I think a lot of times when Bhangra is taken to seriously, a team not placing or techincal error by the venue is often responded to in a hostile and immature manner. At the end of the day, the memories we make traveling with the people we love the most are priceless and incomparable to the trophies we try to collect. This made me a fan for sure and I wish you nothing but the best of luck at Bruin.

Dalveer

This was so insane even without the mix! I enjoyed watching it without the music because it was so perfectly executed. The airplane theme to the set was awesome as well. Great job guys.

JSaw

mad respect to FCB, thought this was planned first time i saw it. Wish i got to see it to the mix

Sawhill69

So much respect! The chills I got watching this were unreal

RsKderpu

Whether you guys placed or not, that performance will be remembered. You guys ripped it.

Good job to Sid, Ram, and the rest of the FCB team. Possibilities of FCB going live in the future? ;)

Ram V, you have once again out done yourself.

Pendu

Texted some of you guys the same but i really don't remember the last time a video made me want to start shouting hoys at my computer screen haha. Amazing job and seriously an inspiring performance to see how you executed so well even after the music cut out. Can't even imagine what it was like inside that auditorium but I wish I had been there to witness this live

SGupta7

First Class Bhangra: Bringing dancers out of retirement since 2015 haha

Proud of you boys for everything FCB has accomplished this season. I called these guys right after the performance and even then, they weren't pissed about what happened. FCB set out to be memorable, not to win trophies and I think they definitely made that happen. One of the coolest things I've seen in my four years on the circuit!! Shoutouts to Sid, Ram, and Ro B. for drilling these guys to the point where they didn't need music and to Tejas and Ram V. for always holding it down. These dholis don't get enough credit for everything they do on and off stage.

hsdeol

KarnSingh said:
[SIZE=medium]
\Another reason you lacked grace is because there is basically the same tempo throughout the set. Ram V had a really easy job, just keep moving that dagga.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]

This was not planned and Ram V definitely did not have it easy. There was a strange feedback loop between dancers and dholi that begun as soon as the music cut off but the pace was relatively close to what our music set was. There was also the issue of a roaring crowd clapping off beat. Even still, if you count out beats in your head youll notice changes in the tempo. Your point (with or without music) here is taken and, but I largely disagree with you.

[/SIZE]
KarnSingh said:
[SIZE=medium]
If you put one of your dancers in front me and told him to just do some bhangra to make me happy, how successful do you think he would be?
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]

Very.

[/SIZE]
KarnSingh said:
[SIZE=medium]
PS Bring my nig harman back! He's tooo fucking good for you to not have him stage. Yo Harman come back bro!
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]

Thanks homie, good to be missed. Unfortunately, i dont foresee myself getting back up there anytime soon.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Also, its sad to see that FCB has so sharply fallen in your (KB) eyes since 2013. We haven't shaped our team around rubrics (though a captain is an idiot if he or she goes to a competition and without looking to see whats stressed at that show), but we have responded to feedback. We have been told that we need to unify and dance tighter as a unit, build a overarching concept for our set, and working on overall stage presence. Now we haven't perfected every aspect of our performances that we've been critiqued on, but we're certainly pushing forward in that direction while maintaining the essence that is our teams style and attitude. FCB always looks to improve. Its tough for me to pinpoint what may be missing now that we had back then, but as we prep for the next show, i will definitely be thinking, "hmm does this step/move/execution/attitude fit my teams style and legacy? How can we make it even more fitting?" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I did not dance in these performances and I am glad i didnt. I got to experience watching some of the most admirable people pour their hearts onto the stage and execute with ruthlessness. I am proud of everyone single one of you. Stay hungry.[/SIZE]

amancheema

I've been in the venues when Nachdi changed the game at elite 8 2010, when VCU first brought out the Joker at blowout, when APD would do 30 man towers and light up all of Boston, when AEG first brought out Navi and shocked the whole circuit... BUT NEVER HAVE I SEEN/HEARD A CROWD SO FIRED UP as when FCB took a bullet straight to chest but kept going with full speed.

Hats off boys... shit happens, but #NoTension. Luck plays such a huge role in bhangra and it takes real jigra for the whole squad to not give a rats ass and keep going in a situation like this.

jattkharku

KarnSingh said:
[SIZE=medium] but brah some of the cooler choreo was just very familiar from other teams. For example at 2:29, that's something straight up NYPD used at Bell during saaps. [/SIZE]
Glad somebody said it, so much taken from other teams!