Furteelay Shokeen @ Big Apple Bhangra 3

Gaurav Sidhu

check karr..guys just keep on gettin better and better...sick shit!....btw that mix was fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ban3rg

Pat suteya was a reallllly sick segment - good work on the mix! repeating that second line of the song (ni tu sapni vang) right before the drop, genius for building up the suspense here. overall it had a sick, creative formation to it, which describes the whole perf in general, congrats and keep it up guys!

Kaur

Congrats on 2nd guys :) There is a lot of potential with this team. There are a few things that i noticed that could be improved and push you guys into being an anazing team
  • Form- you guys are a lot stronger in your upper body movements compared to your legs. But in bhangra your legs have a lot to do with your execution. At times it lookes like you guys were tired or walking but you probably werent. Every single move that you execute your knees need to be pointing into the corners and legs up to your belly button and wide. Also the audience shouldnt see the front of your foot in youre, try to execute with the inside of your foot as if you are playing soccer. You guys also need to dance a bit lower, which requires a lot more stamina but its looks sick.
  • All of your moves need to be bigger and wider. Also dancer as if you have a hulla hoop around you and you have to dance outside of that.
    Stamina- I didnt see a time where you guys fully ripped the stage, so get your legs up to yoru waist and get that stamina up.
  • 1:11- legs should be super high and wide (knees into the corners)
  • 2:14- bend your legs not your backs. Pink and red guys.
  • 2:21- say side to side, knees into the corners and your feet should be kicking your but, we shouldnt be able to see them as they go back. And get lower.
  • 3:18- your sheeshe, legs need to kick your butt otherwise it looks like youre walking. Green pink and red jodi
  • 3:27- another move where legs need to be wide and kick back. Blue jodi does it well
  • 5:41- keep yoru arms more away from your body and wider. For dhamaal the goal isnt power so you keep them away and wide. If you were using them in your ending song the goal would be power so you would bring them in.
  • jungi- drag your leading foot heel, try not to actually lift your whole leading foot.
  • 7:13- your fasla, legs wide, and legs kicking your but. It looks like you guys are walking.
  • 8:07- phulke, its your ending rip it. Legs need to reach all the way to your butt and them stomp the floor. Your knees into the corners. And you're cutting your arms too, take them all the way around.
Just some things that I noticed as watching the set. Good luck and congrats again :)

Suna

saap segment was fireee. also sick end segment! here and there, some of the jodis didn't make sense to me in terms of matching styles. otherwise, awesome job guys!

Dholi Richie

Props to the boys from Furteelay. Watching them live was awesome, crazy energy. Huge shout out to Sahil and GSimz. Congrats guys!

Cherag

Hkiran said:
Congrats on 2nd guys :) There is a lot of potential with this team. There are a few things that i noticed that could be improved and push you guys into being an anazing team
  • Form- you guys are a lot stronger in your upper body movements compared to your legs. But in bhangra your legs have a lot to do with your execution. At times it lookes like you guys were tired or walking but you probably werent. Every single move that you execute your knees need to be pointing into the corners and legs up to your belly button and wide. Also the audience shouldnt see the front of your foot in youre, try to execute with the inside of your foot as if you are playing soccer. You guys also need to dance a bit lower, which requires a lot more stamina but its looks sick.
  • All of your moves need to be bigger and wider. Also dancer as if you have a hulla hoop around you and you have to dance outside of that.
    Stamina- I didnt see a time where you guys fully ripped the stage, so get your legs up to yoru waist and get that stamina up.
  • 2:21- say side to side, knees into the corners and your feet should be kicking your but, we shouldnt be able to see them as they go back. And get lower.
  • 3:18- your sheeshe, legs need to kick your butt otherwise it looks like youre walking. Green pink and red jodi
  • 3:27- another move where legs need to be wide and kick back. Blue jodi does it well
  • 5:41- keep yoru arms more away from your body and wider. For dhamaal the goal isnt power so you keep them away and wide. If you were using them in your ending song the goal would be power so you would bring them in.
  • jungi- drag your leading foot heel, try not to actually lift your whole leading foot.
  • 7:13- your fasla, legs wide, and legs kicking your but. It looks like you guys are walking.
  • 8:07- phulke, its your ending rip it. Legs need to reach all the way to your butt and them stomp the floor. Your knees into the corners. And you're cutting your arms too, take them all the way around.
Just some things that I noticed as watching the set. Good luck and congrats again :)
Harkiran although I do agree with some of the statements you have made such as dancing wider and lower and critiques to individual dancers to look more like their team and how it may make this specific team stronger and more uniform as a team, I also do feel like Furteelay have a style of their own and that if they start changing things up they may just start looking other teams in the circuit. I feel that their dancing style is unique it's own nature which I respect for a team and I feel that it could just make them derivative to some other team out their. I personally would say that you guys have times where people do for sure get lazy but must strengthen your dancers so that all your levels stay the same, Which stylistically is there yes but I still do see some with arms wider than others at times, something that could be standardized to a way that y'all seem fit I guess. This is not saying that anything you're saying is wrong harkiran but if everyone I guess read the post and started to pick everything out and actually follow it (not this team but other teams as well) everyone team would look the same no? Just my two cents, nonetheless good job boys keep it up, loving the vardiyaan ;)

sgrewal30

There were a few times in the prop segments when moves started off looking like they were accidents, but turned out to be intentional.

Kaur

Cherag said:
Hkiran said:
Harkiran although I do agree with some of the statements you have made such as dancing wider and lower and critiques to individual dancers to look more like their team and how it may make this specific team stronger and more uniform as a team, I also do feel like Furteelay have a style of their own and that if they start changing things up they may just start looking other teams in the circuit. I feel that their dancing style is unique it's own nature which I respect for a team and I feel that it could just make them derivative to some other team out their. I personally would say that you guys have times where people do for sure get lazy but must strengthen your dancers so that all your levels stay the same, Which stylistically is there yes but I still do see some with arms wider than others at times, something that could be standardized to a way that y'all seem fit I guess. This is not saying that anything you're saying is wrong harkiran but if everyone I guess read the post and started to pick everything out and actually follow it (not this team but other teams as well) everyone team would look the same no? Just my two cents, nonetheless good job boys keep it up, loving the vardiyaan ;)
I wasnt talking about their style, I was talking about their form and technique. In MY opinion ( Iam a fan of folk execution) a great bhangra dancer starts with; dancing low, wide, moving your shoulders during jhummer, lifting your legs, stamina etc etc.

But yes generally speaking if a team doesnt like to lift their legs, likes to have their knees showing through their chadre, wants to walk their sets, not smile, and stand up straight during their jugni and call it a part of their style then all power to them.

And critique is the only thing that makes you better, all different perspectives of it are beneficial and then its up to the team to take it how they like. If in our 6 years of Panj with 3 teams no one had pointed things out we would have probably still be dancing in my backyard lol

Cherag

Folk execution that in itself is relative, folk execution differs from region to region not only in India but in the US as well I have seen Indian teams who dance tall an others that dance wider I guess it's just how a team's been taught or what specific style that team wishes to adapt but I do agree there needs to be a sense of execution that is overlying, you need to be consistent you need to have energy and you must be different and that is in the makings of both a live and music team whether it's through song selection, move choice, presentation of singer and band and etc.. And when it comes to critique I couldn't agree more it's all on the team whether they adhere to it or not.

Howie Magz

Sick Performance guys. A lot of fire in the mix and the choreography. A big step up from last years BAB. :)

Harmanationn

Hkiran said:
Cherag said:
Hkiran said:
I wasnt talking about their style, I was talking about their form and technique. In MY opinion ( Iam a fan of folk execution) a great bhangra dancer starts with; dancing low, wide, moving your shoulders during jhummer, lifting your legs, stamina etc etc.

But yes generally speaking if a team doesnt like to lift their legs, likes to have their knees showing through their chadre, wants to walk their sets, not smile, and stand up straight during their jugni and call it a part of their style then all power to them.

And critique is the only thing that makes you better, all different perspectives of it are beneficial and then its up to the team to take it how they like. If in our 6 years of Panj with 3 teams no one had pointed things out we would have probably still be dancing in my backyard lol

I think how "wide" a team dances really depends on how they're taught, and it differs team from team; just like some teams cross their legs while doing moves and others don't (I've always been taught that crossing your legs is wrong). Personally, I don't think FS really has to work on their stance too much. Overall, the set was one of my favourites of the night (along with PCBCA). Great job guys.

Manjot

(Y) you guys are improving with every competition! Keep it up, keep it folk! ;)

GSimz, send me the mix already! haha