• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Gabru Chel Chabileh (GCC) vs Ankhi Jawan (AJ) @ Bhangra Wars 2013 (Official)

singhk1

That was a real close good match up I just wished the 2nd teams singer during the sher would pronounce his words better you can sort of hear the accent but the concept was sick

romie

HOLY SNAPSSS this is tough....... MIXES WERE OUTTA THIS WORLD MANNNNN?!! but judges made a good call.... Ankhi Jawan did have more cleanliness to their set except in perspective of choreo..... both teams were sooo creative and fun to watch... If GCC had more people performing I think they'd have an easier time with formations and filling the stage. But amazing performances from both teams

imsunnysingh

Gotta give this one to Ankhi Jawan, much cleaner than GCC. Good to see UK bhangra raising the bar, both teams could've easily placed at any North American comp. Big ups to both teams, love the vardiyan for Ankhi Jawan as well. Keep it up!

gursh313

I gave this to GCC, although I do agree that AJ was much cleaner. Yet, GCC still had that sikh ass choreo, kept me entertained throughout the whole routine.

Mixes without a doubt are great, UK is really stepping its game up.

Congrats to AJ none the less.

sstakhar

Lol, it's been mentioned but the video wasn't dubbed correctly the first time...another video has been posted up, just a bit further up on this page :)

footballforlife

Don't let the name fool you.
sstakhar said:
Lol, it's been mentioned but the video wasn't dubbed correctly the first time...another video has been posted up, just a bit further up on this page :)
In my defense, I have none. Cheers mate.

WestCoastBhangra

I LOVE gcc and their creativity and what hsm has done with the mixes in the past (i dropped some love on his mix thread haha). But AJ had this all day. I would say it was a wise move not overdoing formations with your first set so kinda learnt from gcc with their performance last year which was great but messy. Same happened with them this year too, creativity was great considering it was 8 man but it just was so messy. Especially satisfya and the ending, it just fell apart towards the last third. Can't wait to see what AJ bring next and how they top this badass mix. Something mentioned about singers pronunciation being off but I thought it was fine and he dropped a nasty haik too, nice job! Did you guys write that sher yourselves? That was a nice touch, little things like that make a big difference. Up the complexity and you boys will be unstoppable, you're a really powerful and clean group and have great stage presence too! Congrats on the well deserved win!

mpg08

Thanks for the feedback!

Yep our singer wrote the sher himself. Definitely looking to step it up at the next comp. Cheers

Rip

wow, pretty psyched with what these teams are showing. AJ did it for me, very crisp and powerful. mixes are so dope (that jugni doe)!