Giant Bhangra Placings

sgrewal30

Member
Messages
609
lakersfan24 said:
Regiment performed really well!!! Especially with knightz...who agrees?? lol
I didn't get to watch their performance, but from watching them last at norcal, to mix bk and regiment together is sick. They are both really great teams with some sick ass dancers. A collaboration was just something that had to be done sooner or later. Knights of Regiment upload your wideo pleej
 

Archana

Member
Messages
289
p.s. just got a confirmation that one of the judges was a mami (or had some sort of relation) to someone on MVP.
 

kaalia

New Member
Messages
57
MVP shouldn't have placed, go the link above and rewatch the performances. I wouldn't say rigged until the masi Judge rumour is credited...and if it is true then giant bhangra has lost even more credibility as a competition.

Enjoyed 3D performance ante up yo to them.
 

faysal

New Member
Messages
889
can't play the file on my macbook :/ vlc just plays the audio? real player does nothing, and quick time with the perian plug in still doesn't do anything :( i watched the live stream but i want to be able to watch it back again! lol
 

faysal

New Member
Messages
889
i fkin love you, but this makes me depressed because I missed 3D at norcal and i was there! gaaahhh! faakkk
 

rampur209

Member
Messages
342
These results remind me the 08 Giant where RP won over Heeray n BABC which was a surprise to the whole audience as it was to bhangra circuit

08 results
1. Rp
2. Heeray Punjab Dey
3. BABC

10 Results

1. MVP
2. VDW
2. 3D

we shouldn't be surprised it seems like this comp. has a history is these kind of things. I personally got nothing against MVP i actually know most of the team members on the personal level and was actually there when the team started but 1st place i was bit shocked since i knew this was going to be your first time going live i didnt think you guys would place. I am not saying its your fault that judges picked you... but you guys knew one of the team members mami was the judge you guys should have stepped up and said hey even if we place people are going to say it rigged and now that you have placed with the sub par performance and only only place but 1st place over VDW and BABC 2 veterans of the live circuit it makes everyone point the finger.

My personal placings
1. VDW
2. BABC
3. 3D
 

Archana

Member
Messages
289
rampur209 said:
we shouldn't be surprised it seems like this comp. has a history is these kind of things. I personally got nothing against MVP i actually know most of the team members on the personal level and was actually there when the team started but 1st place i was bit shocked since i knew this was going to be your first time going live i didnt think you guys would place. I am not saying its your fault that judges picked you... but you guys knew one of the team members mami was the judge you guys should have stepped up and said hey even if we place people are going to say it rigged and now that you have placed with the sub par performance and only only place but 1st place over VDW and BABC 2 veterans of the live circuit it makes everyone point the finger.
This doesn't just lose the credibility of the competition, but of the team and judge as well.
 

mmistry87

New Member
Messages
33
3D was awesome, I love watching them, and I am not into Live much, but watching this was great bc they were near flawless and had everything going for them...
Vdub AND 3D could have either placed 1st and been no trouble, def sucked neither did, though.
 

ameetkhabra

veni. vidi. vici
Messages
285
I just had a question about these "rigging" allegations. Let's say that MVP does have some kind of connection with one of the judges - how does one judge outweigh the entire panel?

Also, shouldn't the highest and lowest score be discarded? How would her score affect the results then?
 

sgrewal30

Member
Messages
609
ameetkhabra said:
I just had a question about these "rigging" allegations. Let's say that MVP does have some kind of connection with one of the judges - how does one judge outweigh the entire panel?

Also, shouldn't the highest and lowest score be discarded? How would her score affect the results then?
This is directly from the registration packet

The judges’ scores will be averaged, and the teams with the best
averaged scores will be declared awarded first, second and third places. In the
event of tied scores, judges' overall rankings, will also be taken into
consideration
 

ameetkhabra

veni. vidi. vici
Messages
285
sgrewal30 said:
ameetkhabra said:
I just had a question about these "rigging" allegations. Let's say that MVP does have some kind of connection with one of the judges - how does one judge outweigh the entire panel?

Also, shouldn't the highest and lowest score be discarded? How would her score affect the results then?
This is directly from the registration packet

The judges’ scores will be averaged, and the teams with the best
averaged scores will be declared awarded first, second and third places. In the
event of tied scores, judges' overall rankings, will also be taken into
consideration
That answers the second part of my second, but not the first. Even with an average one judge's score cannot affect the score of a team that greatly. If MVP's performance was "no where near" first place material then the massi/mami/chachi/sister/mom's score would not affect the overall score of the team.

ex.
MVP VDUB

Judge 1 (massi) 98 69
Judge 2 64 90
Judge 3 72 85
Judge 4 70 91
Judge 5 68 93

Average 74.4 85.6

Note: The numbers for MVP are based off the fact that their performance was apparently "no where near" first place. The numbers above from Judge 2 - 5 would dictate that they would, most likely, not place. One person on the thread believes that VDUB should have gotten first, so their scores should have been in the high 80's - 90's range (accounting that if the competition was rigged - the massi/mami/whatever would have given all the teams a lower score).

Regardless, if the massi/mami skewed her scores to better accommodate MVP - they still would have not placed (as you can see above). Yes, what I have above is purely a guesstimate, but it still somewhat proves the claims to be false. At the end of the day, the scoresheets are the only things that hold any kind of truth and will settle this whole debacle.
 

Gabroo

New Member
Messages
218
ameetkhabra said:
sgrewal30 said:
ameetkhabra said:
I just had a question about these "rigging" allegations. Let's say that MVP does have some kind of connection with one of the judges - how does one judge outweigh the entire panel?

Also, shouldn't the highest and lowest score be discarded? How would her score affect the results then?
This is directly from the registration packet

The judges’ scores will be averaged, and the teams with the best
averaged scores will be declared awarded first, second and third places. In the
event of tied scores, judges' overall rankings, will also be taken into
consideration
That answers the second part of my second, but not the first. Even with an average one judge's score cannot affect the score of a team that greatly. If MVP's performance was "no where near" first place material then the massi/mami/chachi/sister/mom's score would not affect the overall score of the team.

ex.
MVP VDUB

Judge 1 (massi) 98 69
Judge 2 64 90
Judge 3 72 85
Judge 4 70 91
Judge 5 68 93

Average 74.4 85.6

Note: The numbers for MVP are based off the fact that their performance was apparently "no where near" first place. The numbers above from Judge 2 - 5 would dictate that they would, most likely, not place. One person on the thread believes that VDUB should have gotten first, so their scores should have been in the high 80's - 90's range (accounting that if the competition was rigged - the massi/mami/whatever would have given all the teams a lower score).

Regardless, if the massi/mami skewed her scores to better accommodate MVP - they still would have not placed (as you can see above). Yes, what I have above is purely a guesstimate, but it still somewhat proves the claims to be false. At the end of the day, the scoresheets are the only things that hold any kind of truth and will settle this whole debacle.
If you watch the beginning of the show here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14710772 the host only names 3 judges so I don't think there's 5 judges.
 

ameetkhabra

veni. vidi. vici
Messages
285
Gabroo said:
ameetkhabra said:
sgrewal30 said:
ameetkhabra said:
I just had a question about these "rigging" allegations. Let's say that MVP does have some kind of connection with one of the judges - how does one judge outweigh the entire panel?

Also, shouldn't the highest and lowest score be discarded? How would her score affect the results then?
This is directly from the registration packet

The judges’ scores will be averaged, and the teams with the best
averaged scores will be declared awarded first, second and third places. In the
event of tied scores, judges' overall rankings, will also be taken into
consideration
That answers the second part of my second, but not the first. Even with an average one judge's score cannot affect the score of a team that greatly. If MVP's performance was "no where near" first place material then the massi/mami/chachi/sister/mom's score would not affect the overall score of the team.

ex.
MVP VDUB

Judge 1 (massi) 98 69
Judge 2 64 90
Judge 3 72 85
Judge 4 70 91
Judge 5 68 93

Average 74.4 85.6

Note: The numbers for MVP are based off the fact that their performance was apparently "no where near" first place. The numbers above from Judge 2 - 5 would dictate that they would, most likely, not place. One person on the thread believes that VDUB should have gotten first, so their scores should have been in the high 80's - 90's range (accounting that if the competition was rigged - the massi/mami/whatever would have given all the teams a lower score).

Regardless, if the massi/mami skewed her scores to better accommodate MVP - they still would have not placed (as you can see above). Yes, what I have above is purely a guesstimate, but it still somewhat proves the claims to be false. At the end of the day, the scoresheets are the only things that hold any kind of truth and will settle this whole debacle.
If you watch the beginning of the show here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14710772 the host only names 3 judges so I don't think there's 5 judges.
I ran my assumptions on the fact that there would just at least 5 judges simply because I don't believe scores from 3 judges can properly gauge a teams performance. Although, with 3 judges one score can alter the outcome, I still don't think it would do that much damage in this particular case. I'm simply basing the numbers on the general reaction to the placings since I have not seen the videos yet. Let's try this again.

ex.

MVP VDUB
Judge 1 (Massi/Mami) 98 69
Judge 2 64 90
Judge 3 68 85

Average: 76.6 81.3

Teams lose from as little as .5 of a point. If all the other teams did as well as everyone is stating then the scores should have been fairly close (within a the most 2 point difference). Although, the numbers do show that the numbers have been altered, they have only been altered by 2.2 points which is this case does not satisfy the claims. Again, the numbers are guesstimate off the general reaction. I feel that my numbers have been low balled on VDUB behalf, since everyone is saying how incredibly they did. The team that is placing first (from my experience) generally gets at least a 90 average and if I were to change the 85 from Judge 3 to a 90 the average score would increase to 83, thus creating a larger gap between them and MVP.
 

sgrewal30

Member
Messages
609
ameetkhabra said:
Gabroo said:
ameetkhabra said:
sgrewal30 said:
ameetkhabra said:
I just had a question about these "rigging" allegations. Let's say that MVP does have some kind of connection with one of the judges - how does one judge outweigh the entire panel?

Also, shouldn't the highest and lowest score be discarded? How would her score affect the results then?
This is directly from the registration packet

The judges’ scores will be averaged, and the teams with the best
averaged scores will be declared awarded first, second and third places. In the
event of tied scores, judges' overall rankings, will also be taken into
consideration
That answers the second part of my second, but not the first. Even with an average one judge's score cannot affect the score of a team that greatly. If MVP's performance was "no where near" first place material then the massi/mami/chachi/sister/mom's score would not affect the overall score of the team.

ex.
MVP VDUB

Judge 1 (massi) 98 69
Judge 2 64 90
Judge 3 72 85
Judge 4 70 91
Judge 5 68 93

Average 74.4 85.6

Note: The numbers for MVP are based off the fact that their performance was apparently "no where near" first place. The numbers above from Judge 2 - 5 would dictate that they would, most likely, not place. One person on the thread believes that VDUB should have gotten first, so their scores should have been in the high 80's - 90's range (accounting that if the competition was rigged - the massi/mami/whatever would have given all the teams a lower score).

Regardless, if the massi/mami skewed her scores to better accommodate MVP - they still would have not placed (as you can see above). Yes, what I have above is purely a guesstimate, but it still somewhat proves the claims to be false. At the end of the day, the scoresheets are the only things that hold any kind of truth and will settle this whole debacle.
If you watch the beginning of the show here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14710772 the host only names 3 judges so I don't think there's 5 judges.
I ran my assumptions on the fact that there would just at least 5 judges simply because I don't believe scores from 3 judges can properly gauge a teams performance. Although, with 3 judges one score can alter the outcome, I still don't think it would do that much damage in this particular case. I'm simply basing the numbers on the general reaction to the placings since I have not seen the videos yet. Let's try this again.

ex.

MVP VDUB
Judge 1 (Massi/Mami) 98 69
Judge 2 64 90
Judge 3 68 85

Average: 76.6 81.3

Teams lose from as little as .5 of a point. If all the other teams did as well as everyone is stating then the scores should have been fairly close (within a the most 2 point difference). Although, the numbers do show that the numbers have been altered, they have only been altered by 2.2 points which is this case does not satisfy the claims. Again, the numbers are guesstimate off the general reaction. I feel that my numbers have been low balled on VDUB behalf, since everyone is saying how incredibly they did. The team that is placing first (from my experience) generally gets at least a 90 average and if I were to change the 85 from Judge 3 to a 90 the average score would increase to 83, thus creating a larger gap between them and MVP.

Because I chose not to read any of your essays... Ameetkhabra please tell me in 30 words or less (preferably) how you confidently got scores by 5 judges ... and how you narrowed it down to scores by 3 judges... confidently...



Also to everyone, (if you suck at math dont answer this please) if you have 3 judges who know that the higest and lowest score will be deducted (if that really was the case) then wouldnt a "rigged" judge, ie. judge massi ji, just give MVP an average score, leaving the other two judges scores to be knocked off, thus having them win? Yeah i know there are some grey areas to be considered in that question... but answer it as if there weren't.

Pleej n thank ju.
 

sgrewal30

Member
Messages
609
edit: oh shit, ameetperson, if you made those scores up, then ignore question 1 and proceed to 2 if youre good at le maths
 
Top