• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Going clean shaven for competition?

Prabhzy

Hi guys, been thinking about this for a bit. I have been noticing that not a huge number but fair few guys on the Bhangra circuit go clean shaven to a competition. I dont know what it is but the having a good daari and moochan make you look 100 times better with a pagh. but thats just my opinion. I was almost clean shaven before my first competition but now have kept my stubble/beard after it as well.

What are your guys' opinions on it? Will be an interesting discussion? ;D

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
Prabhzy said:
Hi guys, been thinking about this for a bit. I have been noticing that not a huge number but fair few guys on the Bhangra circuit go clean shaven to a competition. I dont know what it is but the having a good daari and moochan make you look 100 times better with a pagh. but thats just my opinion. I was almost clean shaven before my first competition but now have kept my stubble/beard after it as well.

What is it exactly that you would like to discuss?

Prabhzy

Sue Sylvester said:
Prabhzy said:

Does having a daari make you look more authentic as a dancer? There are expectations that say for eg, the pagh should be up properly along with the turla, the chaddar should be pinned etc, Does a daari come under these expectations?

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Prabhzy said:
Does having a daari make you look more authentic as a dancer? There are expectations that say for eg, the pagh should be up properly along with the turla, the chaddar should be pinned etc, Does a daari come under these expectations?
I think having a dhaari looks better. but some dudes just don't/can't grow facial hair. In this day and age with dancers having jobs that require a certain level of personal presentation, it just has to happen.

It's not the end of the world, but if you can grow one, you should imo

Prabhzy

The Honest Truth said:
Focus more on the set then your dhari, promise you better results

i know what u mean, but then why different expectations for the other stuff i mentioned?

AnkurK

Prabhzy said:

Hi guys, been thinking about this for a bit. I've been noticing that when a lawn goes without watering the grass drys up. I don't know what it is but green grass looks 100 times better. but thats just my opinion. I almost didn't water my lawn one summer but since then have made made sure that I do.

How does everyone feel about this? Does green grass look better than dry dying grass? Will be an interesting discussion? ;D

The Honest Truth said:
This.

Prabhzy

AnkurK said:
Prabhzy said:

Hi guys, been thinking about this for a bit. I've been noticing that when a lawn goes without watering the grass drys up. I don't know what it is but green grass looks 100 times better. but thats just my opinion. I almost didn't water my lawn one summer but since then have made made sure that I do.

How does everyone feel about this? Does green grass look better than dry dying grass? Will be an interesting discussion? ;D

The Honest Truth said:
This.

i see sarcasm is truly alive and kicking in this forum

#Harami

There are a number of different reasons why people go clean shaven. Some don't like the dhari, some want to do it for the mixer and after parties, or some people have superstitions before they take the stage. For the people that want a dhari but can't grow one,draw it in for competitions. They look just as good. Just ask one of your teammates to draw it in with eye liner or mascara :)

hardeep_singh

Prabhzy said:
rohb di gal ah shotu, siana ban ke dhari rakh la bhangray layi, bhamay shoti ah ja lambi, punjabia de chehrian te dhaari jachdi ah

AnkurK

hardeep_singh said:
Prabhzy said:
rohb di gal ah shotu, siana ban ke dhari rakh la bhangray layi, bhamay shoti ah ja lambi, punjabia de chehrian te dhaari jachdi ah

8)

Prabhzy

hardeep_singh said:
Prabhzy said:
I actually had a daari for the comp and i still do, i think u guys got confused lol

hardeep_singh

Prabhzy said:
hardeep_singh said:
Prabhzy said:
I actually had a daari for the comp and i still do, i think u guys got confused lol
saleya menu ki pata teray mooh te ki ah? je dhari hegi ah fir theek ah, ami gal khichi janda jananiyan wangu.

hardeep_singh

Sue Sylvester said:
the role of existentialism in modern society, specifically with respect to attitudes towards religion, ethics, and technological advancement.

Jacquizz Rogers

AnkurK said:
Prabhzy said:

The Honest Truth said:
This.

brilliant. #taped