• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Government borrows 46 cents for every dollar spent

Don

Obama's new plan will add $89 billion to the nation's deficit

http://northernvirginia.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D984B0O00&_action=validatearticle

justAguy

^chilllan w/ AMY GOODMAN in my pic wooo im famous^
LOl Obama's plans have ALREADY added to our deficit, his entire first 100 days in office, which were so widely celebrated, were nothing but the public approving of our deficit multipying and innocent people dying, oh yeah btw totally forgot how he got elected on SAVING the economy and SAVING people by ending a war rather than expanding it. OOPS AMERICA !

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Give it some time.

And yeah, feel free to say "I told you so" if we find out in four years that this was a bad idea. Honestly, I'm gonna have some faith.

[Sher] Imran

a lot of expenditures like health care and social welfare programs can't be cut/trimmed, and it's gonna be tough to balance the growing need of these things with the need to cut spending. My company just bought a large amount of AIG's not-so-troubled business lines, and the white house has literally been on our asses to get the deal done by July when ordinarily a purchase like this would take nearly a year to complete. They want their bailout money back asap so they're letting us cut a few corners in the process. Bailouts don't help when operational strategies don't change. We're gonna be sitting in this mess for a while, it's unfortunate. I wish we ditched our tax code and went to a VAT tax system, we'd be looking at a lower % of tax evasions and a higher % of tax revenues. It's not much but it's a start