• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

*GTV VID+MIX* Bhangra All-Stars Sydney (BASS) @ Bhangra Down Under 2015 - 2ND PLACE

Bhangra All Stars Sydney

ALL STAR BHANGRA TEAM - SYDNEY TON
Hey guys,

This is our performance from the weekend in Melbourne, Australia at Bhangra Down Under 2015 taking out SECOND PLACE ! Congratulations to Ministry of Bhangra for winning 1st place and Melbourne Bhangra Regiment for placing 3rd as well as all of the participating teams

Want to thank everyone that came out to support us throughout our journey and we had an amazing time performing this set

Want to give a MASSIVE shout out to Aka$h making such a HYPE mix, you made that sound so fire was such a joy to perform to as well as a HUGE shoutout to DJ HSK for creating the khunda segment, that sounded INSANE and got everyone pumped

Want to also give a shoutout to Gurpreet from AG and Harry Kainth from NYPD that gave us a lot of feedback throughout our practices. Your positive and constructive feedback helped us out so much and took our set to the next level

Our full feedback of the entire event will be coming soon as well as the other angles and GTV Video !

Hope you ENJOY :D

Red: Gobind & Simran
Orange: Gurbir & Tarun
Blue: Dalvinder & Amitoj
Green: Sunny & Ishaan
Purple: Harjodh & Manroop
Yellow: Gagan & Lalli
Dholi: Manu Singh Gill
Chimta: Ishdeep Mann
Ground floor angle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ggDtvrXdQ&feature=youtu.be

GTV: https://youtube.com/watch?v=pEot_6gtS6E

Mix SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/aka-h/bhangra-all-stars-sydney-bdu-2015-ft-harry-kainth-nypd

mrchicity

Re: Bhangra All-Stars Sydney (BASS) @ Bhangra Down Under 2015 - SECOND PLACE

Loved the routine. I could definitely see the Toronto influences, especially in shikke/jhummar/ending segments. Execution is definitely improved since WBBC too. Your next step forward is probably figuring out what makes your team different from every other bhangra team in the world, what your specific niche is. Great job, can't wait to see more from this comp.

Howie Magz

This was a significant improvement from what I saw at WBBC. Loved the energy throughout the set. The only thing that I noticed was that the formations appeared to be off at certain times. I don't know if that was the case or just due to the camera angle which this was recorded at. Overall I loved the energy and the set as a whole. I'm interested to see what the first place team's set was like.

Harpal Ankhile

This is a huge step up from WBBC lads.... Well done on a great performance :) Keep up the great work

vaibhav

Really awesome performance and set! I was thoroughly entertained. I think execution and energy levels seemed to dip across at a few instances, but nothing major. Very excited to see what ya'll come up with in the near future

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.

You guys killed it. Props.

PartyJatt

Deserved First Place.

scaplash

Husky Bhangra (retired); KWG; GR

This set was fun to watch- a lot of huge strides in form and set development. You guys had some great concepts-I think at times there could have been much more modhe and a little more energy in the legs-bringing knees up. I think there was a bit of a fade in energy as the set progressed.
Great performance-keep em coming
-Sonny

Bhangra All Stars Sydney

Hey guys
Thanks for all the comments and feedback so far. Really appreciate the support and the points to improve on.

Just wanted to BUMP the post, because the GTV video is up :D
Check the first post please. A big thanks to Harjot for coming down to Melbourne again this year and capturing sweet 4K footage.

Prabhjot

Re: *GTV VID* Bhangra All-Stars Sydney (BASS) @ Bhangra Down Under 2015 - 2ND PLACE

First of congrats on second place, and more importantly the progression yall have made within this year.

Starting with the routine, I personally noticed striking similarities with other routines in the circuit- some segments seemed influenced. There was also some predictability with in saaps and khundey with both segments climax-ing in two line into bahteks and then split to 3-6-3- just something to look into.

3:00 and 6:23 drops were my favorites of the routine. Really liked how you guys brought back the fall tower / kiss gimmick in a better way, but with the both mentioned segments dancers seemed to take a backseat to the concept. If the dancers got low and stayed energetic it would have truly made these segment more memorable.

Felt like you guys deserved 1st at this comp, but keep up the good work!

-Prabh

Armaan Kapoor

Re: *GTV VID* Bhangra All-Stars Sydney (BASS) @ Bhangra Down Under 2015 - 2ND PLACE

Unreal improvement from WBBC. Not a question in my mind that you guys deserved first

DCBC

dope set and song selection! loved the move at 3:41 and really enjoyed shikke and end segment! Looking forward to seeing you guys compete more!

- Ashita

Shahrukh

Congrats on an amazing performance boys, come back to the US soon. Great shikka and daang segments, your form is getting better as well, keep it up!

Bhangra All Stars Sydney

KarnSingh said:
The first time I've seen a team kill it on a gimmick with sun glasses (BTW anyone know what that song is called? It's HAWTT). You guys won me over with this set, and I'm excited to see what's to come.

Thanks for the feedback veere, much appreciated. Glad you liked our performance ;D
Song's name is Pagg Patiala by Jassimran Keer, enjoy (y)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRGk9tNGYMo