• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Heeray Punjab Deh @ COS Giant Bhangra 08

Billy Bob

Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. That ish was soooooooooooooooooooo sick. Guy doing Jhummar in the front right was amazing (with the ankle brace). Whole routine was sick. Props to you guys on a well deserved first place. ;D

Waleed

Props to HPD for a solid performance. Live segment was clean and Jhummer segment was longer than usual but well executed. I agree with Billy Bob, dancer in the pink vest (w/ankle brace) was superb. Pace of the routine was very comfortable and song selection decent. Besides the moving formation at 7:50, overall this routine was simple yet just goes to show that a group of skilled dancers can win 1st with a basic traditional routine.

The uniformity of their team style also stands out (leg movements and heads). Where is this team based?

Also, does this mark the comeback of half-live & half-CD routines?

Nikhil

Guys this is what I've been waiting to see. It's so easy to understand why they destroyed their competition. I'll admit, I was wrong to underestimate you guys!
All of your dancers are phenomenal, and I think you guys are so clean and uniform in execution which ensured your win.

Dhamaal with the opening live segment = Sick
Mela at the end = the factor that sets you apart from all the other similar teams.

This team is very distinguishable. I loved how you guys used longer cuts of fewer songs too, that's different too. One thing that really hurt you guys was the lack of formations and transitions into those formations. I understand you were going for a very traditional routine and all your formations were standard traditional (staggered, V, circle), but it doesn't hurt to mix it up a bit. Seeing the Pink and Light green guys in the front was amazing, but your other jori's are talented too, and they should come up to the stage more.

Exceptional performance. Great job.

faizan

Just shut up and dance
the little shimmies on the jhummar, yea i saw that...that was ill, and exactly how u create ur own style...

ur entrance on daangs, awesome, dif...not the usual.

ur jhummar routine was hella organic and traditional, not the usual stuff i have seen all season...

i love how u kept it simple with ur moves...nothing crazy...

i also love how ur jodi's look at each other on many moves, a lot of teams forget that stuff...

the blue and yellow outfit is the best color combo...

the jazzy-b song, went on a little long

best routine i have seen in a long ass time...

congrats!

Andrew

That was impressive - from start to finish. The color coordination was really exceptional and all your dancers looked strong and proud. I think the parts that wowed me the most were the spins; very well executed. This is definetly one of the best routines I've watched in a long time.

The only thing I might do is come up with a simpler ending formation, as it could be the cap to a really clean performance. Great job overall

Ashqe

Yeah that was definetely a sick performance. The steps were graceful as hell. Does anyone know the name of the song playing for a little bit at 3:14 right before Hoopeh?

bhangrafreak01

Honey Singh - Jado_Panga
so far i would say that this is their best perfomance ever. This is what i would like to let the teams know hpd used simple traditional moves they dn't overdo anything. their performance was clean. at the comp. being clean is one of the most important thing. but hpd were clean fast and graceful. i guess they need to work on their formations a bit more but overall awsome routine

Hasit

awesome performance. kinda wished the live part was a little longer. you guys executed that really well.