• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

***HELP Moving around acid files on my computer***

baljot

Member
Messages
484
So most acid users know that if your working on a mix and you move a file thats being used in a acid project to a different file the next time you open acid it will say "The following file couldnt be found blah blah" and then you need to go back and find the file and match it on acid.


If I were to take ALL of my music/acid/loops files and put them on a external hard drive and try to open the acid project again would acid say "couldnt find file blah blah" again for every single one of my files that were on all of my acid projects?
 

J-Skeet

New Member
Messages
252
Yup, well to keep things easy you could just make a copy of the files and then put it on the external, and then sort out everything on the external etcc.. But if you move the files without keeping the original folder in tact with the original files then yea acid will give you dumb message<---f'd up so many of my mixes like this smh
 

DJ Jassi

New Member
Messages
859
To my knowledge you will get the message. But I think what could work is once the message first appears saying you got a missing file blah blah, once you locate the first one, it should give you an option something along the lines, 'more files were found at the same location' and then it should find all of them from the folder automatically. Now I'm not hundred percent that this will work for an external drive, but I'm pretty sure it should.
 

Shawn Johal

Must I go on?
Messages
215
DJ JASSi said:
To my knowledge you will get the message. But I think what could work is once the message first appears saying you got a missing file blah blah, once you locate the first one, it should give you an option something along the lines, 'more files were found at the same location' and then it should find all of them from the folder automatically. Now I'm not hundred percent that this will work for an external drive, but I'm pretty sure it should.
Jassi is right, if you put them in the same folder it will have a more files were found at the same location message.
 

baljot

Member
Messages
484
DJ JASSi said:
To my knowledge you will get the message. But I think what could work is once the message first appears saying you got a missing file blah blah, once you locate the first one, it should give you an option something along the lines, 'more files were found at the same location' and then it should find all of them from the folder automatically. Now I'm not hundred percent that this will work for an external drive, but I'm pretty sure it should.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks man
 
Top