• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

High Quality Dhol Samples.. get em while they're hot..

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
keep in mind, that the better DJs also build the beats they want. Cut up a bunch of samples or overlay them to get what you want. With just a few simple beats you can build some beastly loops, so lack of stuff is never an excuse.

thanks harman

Kush

nice of harman to post this. pretty unselfish of you bro. Just wanted to make note of this, it seems that these are clipped out of songs and then manipulated to be the essential part necessary to create a dhol beat. Thought not the HIGHEST quality, they are an excellent demonstration of how to take even 2-4 beats from a random segment of a song and create a loop out of it. My reccomendation to finding ways to make your songs more unique is to take your song you plan to mix, and load different tracks over it that may blend or have a unique style you think will work. You may not use the song, but even if its a small dhol roll that happens to sound good ONLY OVER THIS SONG, youve still created something original. 50% of samples I use are not reusable because they just happened to work in the song i was mixing.

karan923

I just usually find random dhol beats from songs where the beat is isolated for a couple seconds, then I just loop it. You just got to know where to look to find them. Thanks for the post Harman, really appreciate it.

Hasit

good post man. what's the beat you looped on putt jattan de on the video you guys have up?