If you could make one movie...

Romy

About any event or person in history, remake a movie, make a movie based on a book or do a sequel to a movie, what would you make and why? I'm giving you a lot of options here. :)

J Hayer

kurt cobain.

legit artist and one with very human faults and fallacies.
a movie that could potentially have the same effect that The Catcher in the Rye has on folks.

i didn't like Last Days that much.

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
The Mahabharat.

A Mahabharat trilogy would OWN the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Matrix respected trilogies in epicness and cultural impact. The epic has such rich mythology and deeply interconnected smaller stories that given a talented mega-cast and a capable director, it would be an instant blockbuster.

COMTONDAJATT

mint gumri
Sukhdip S. Chhina said:
MahaRaja Ranjit Singh or Hari Singh Nalwa
Hari Singh Nalwa movie would be legit for sure. He was like the ideal hybrid of Punjabi/Maratha warriorness. Probably the best general Punjab ever produced.

I would want to make a movie about Dhullah Bhatti or Jagga Jatt. I love the whole Robin Hood characterness of it all. Also I have ideas for a Love Story trilogy with the stories being Sohni-Mahiwal, Sassi-Punnun and Heer-Ranjha. That would be tip top.

GSingh

North American Bhangra. Same theme as Step up and the other dance movies but with desi's and bhangra.

COMTONDAJATT

mint gumri
kinnell said:
The Mahabharat.

A Mahabharat trilogy would OWN the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Matrix respected trilogies in epicness and cultural impact. The epic has such rich mythology and deeply interconnected smaller stories that given a talented mega-cast and a capable director, it would be an instant blockbuster.
It would own. Problem is that the story is so huge. I mean you could cut down to just the Kaurav/Pandav family feud but the side stories like Krishn's life and Dronacharya would make amazing movies in themselves. Plus the polyandry angle would have to be dealt with. I am good with BR Chopra Tv version, haha.

vaibhav

kinnell said:
The Mahabharat.

Mahabharat! I agree! But the old mahabharat serial was pretty good too!
Maybe a remake with bollywood actors would be pretty sick too!

DJSP

vaibhav said:
kinnell said:
The Mahabharat.

Mahabharat! I agree! But the old mahabharat serial was pretty good too!
Maybe a remake with bollywood actors would be pretty sick too!
it would be sick, used to watch it every week