IV League - Put It Down (ft. Sunny Malton, Fateh, Jimmy King)

vaibhav

In my opinion, I think the last guy was pretty good. Chorus didn't sound too great though. Pretty decent song overall.

vaibhav said:
In my opinion, I think the last guy was pretty good. Chorus didn't sound too great though. Pretty decent song overall.
hes black what did you expect lol

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
get an actual singer on the hook and this song could bump. Fateh has improved so much, I actually enjoyed his verse. Both him and Malton need more complex rhymes/flow though, the slow 4/4 pace is kinda newbish, they put enough effort into these things that we should expect better (and they clearly improve, so why not expect more?)

rajiv0224

Amandeep Singh said:
HATERS GONNA HATE.. Malton and fateh killed it.. Cho chodaaa

Saying things like "f7c7 bit3ch3s, money over everything" (0:39) is worn out. Their flow is no doubt good, but the lyrics need some more creativity.

And I'm not hating on the mullet. That mullet is outstanding and should be applauded.

SunnyS

Thanks for the feedback guys, didn't even know the video was posted on the forum. Hardeep is a idiot, clearly doesn't know what constructive cristism is. And the haircut, what can I say ahaha :)

sumeetj

rajiv0224 said:
Amandeep Singh said:
HATERS GONNA HATE.. Malton and fateh killed it.. Cho chodaaa

Saying things like "f7c7 bit3ch3s, money over everything" (0:39) is worn out. Their flow is no doubt good, but the lyrics need some more creativity.

And I'm not hating on the mullet. That mullet is outstanding and should be applauded.
agreed, the typical lines like that are tired, feel like every rapper says it at some point in there songs when they dont know what else to say haha. they def have the talent to bring out some crazier/more original verses, so im sure they will step it up and bring out a song that sticks out a little bit soon

hardeep_singh

SunnyS said:
Thanks for the feedback guys, didn't even know the video was posted on the forum. Hardeep is a idiot, clearly doesn't know what constructive cristism is. And the haircut, what can I say ahaha :)
"Hardeep is AN idiot"

constructive criticism wasn't requested but here you go.

New Chino XL - Nahh

DJ Jassi

Yo malton keep it up man lots of improvements by you guys and like others said if the lyrics are more creative it'll sound much better.

rajiv0224

Kala_J said:
too many people are sippin on haterade... this song isnt that bad, it's pretty good.
dude, we're just giving some constructive criticism, no haterade being sipped.

like most people have said, the flow of these rappers is good. the lyrics just need to be a little more creative for the song to really stand out.

Nikhil

Just because the guy is black he's supposed to be good at rapping? That's a little ignorant dude. I know a lot of black people who cannot rhyme if they tried.

Malton I'd love to see you do a song about bhangra. I think it would be super dope if you made a track about bhangra AND your DJ mixed it into your mix for your set. Did I just give SGPD the next level? Probably haha, but that would be spectacular.

As far as the lyrical content goes, I echo what was said and knowing that we spoke in person Sunny, don't get offended by criticism. I think you have a talent that few people pursue. I think you can dig deep to find something profound to speak about and perhaps you could eclipse Drake out of Toronto, if you really wanted to do that.

Something that I loved about this song was the last line of Jimmy King's verse, that he does this for Hip Hop/love of it.

For that, I say I'm LOVIN' IT

Little Brother - Lovin' It