jins

ladoopants786

I really was wondering about this because i have not heard the word anywhere other than from my friend. He claims it's from his village in pakistan but he does not know anything about anything. WTF does this word mean.
On an unrelated note, i would like to be an exhibition team at Bruin Bhangra this year, is there anyone i can pm about it?
Much love,
ladoopants

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
jins = spirits/ghosts

It's derived from Arabic. Hope that helps.

~ Basim :)

Varun

ladoopants786 said:
On an unrelated note, i would like to be an exhibition team at Bruin Bhangra this year, is there anyone i can pm about it?
yeah, the jins.

ladoopants786

jins is seperate from a jinn. I know what a jinn is, because I be of the Islamic religion. But I DON'T know what jins is and apparently its unrelated

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
faizan said:
Jins are neither spirits or ghosts, they are an independent form of life created for their own purpose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn
You would Faizan! You would man! lol.

Not that wikipedia is a super reliable source or anything, but your link says "In several verses in those Arabic and Persian translations, the words: Jinn (جن) Jann (الجان) Majnoon (مجنون) and Iblis (ابلیس) are mentioned as translations of familiar spirit or אוב (obe)"

I guess that I'm only partially correct. I agree that jinns are independent life forms that posses the power of free will.

Anyway, I have no idea what "jins" are (spelled with only 1 n); sorry I couldn't help further.

~ Basim :)