• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Joshiley Jawan @ Bhangra at the Bell Last Performance Ever

Shahrukh

below you will find Joshiley Jawans final performance of all time. I said that elite was the last one but afterwards i knew i could squeeze out another routine from my brain and I decided to make a set exactly how I wanted it from start to finish. Iv been blessed to have captained such amazing dancers who have put their hearts and souls into jj and have been able to make my dream of creating a bhangra team come true. and as it has come to an end i am very very thankful for the experiences that iv shared with all of them. I hope our performance made you smile, and will hopefully make people smile for years to come. Congrats to Fauj and CMU for placing.

There are a lot of shoutouts id like to give but if I leave you out please don’t be mad

Gsimz- for spending 3-4 hours every night for the past 2 months on our mix! You are crazy as shit man and this mix you made for us is your best work, I cant thank you enough I love you man you like my little brother, I think you stressed out about this mix more than I did I don’t think anyone person called me more than you during the past 2 months literally every day, and I really appreciate it because you were balancing captaining your own team while making out mix, il never forget this man I never will.

Iqwak- for cranking out an intro for us in a str8 14 hour session you evil genius, called me at 5pm when i got home from work, called me again 9pm saying you have a layout called me at midnight saying your onto something called me at 3am that you are about to send, I WAKEUP at 8am and I have no email, you call me at 9AM AND IM LIKE DOGG YOU BEEN MAKN THIS SHIT SINCE YETSRDAY?, video chatting you and hearing that shit and crying and all that, il never forget, thank you!

For klasikhz and gsimz coming together to make this mix the most perfect shit iv ever heard. THANK YOU!

ARJUN KAUSHAL- FOR MAKING ME DO ANOTHER SET, FOR HELPING ME WITH EVERYTHING FOR BEING A SICK ASS CO CAPTAIN I LOVE YOU BROTHER

FOR ALL OF OUR FRIENDS FAMILY PAST DANCERS WHO CAME TO SUPPORT SIDE STAGE FRONT STAGE BACK STAGE BALCONY ALL OF YOU WHO SUPPORTED US AND MADE US FEEL AT HOME IN PHILI MADE US FEEL LIKE WE WERE ON THE TOP OF THE WORLD.

AEG- wow, how close did we get this past weekend? Brothers for life, I remember when we both started out we HATED EACHOTHER! And this past weekend I couldn’t find myself wanting to spend time with anyone other than you guys, it was a real pleasure, and we will always remember having you guys side stage while we performed that seriously seriously seriously meant a lot to us, thank you for that, PS im coming to new York soon so we can all kick it!

Liasons brinda and mo- taking all our shit and listening to me yell at my team

Rahul- for putting together bell and letting us perform in philli

Intro Video
Joshiley Jawan Final Intro Video

Arjun Kaushals reaction to the intro of the mix start at 0:23 (if you want a good laugh LOL I recommend)
Reaction to the mix

Balcony View
Joshiley Jawan - Bhangra at the Bell 2013

Front lower view
Front View

Dancers
Red- me and Shahzaib Khan
Blue- Komil Desai and Jordan Wong
Black- Karthik Shastri and Simran Sodhi
Yellow- Arjun Kaushal and Akaash Manan
Pink- Vinay Sharma. and Kaartik Mathur
Green- Ajit Gill and Vikrant Sharma

Dholi- Neet

Singer and pagg tyer- Aman Dhaliwal

Chadre tyer- Harsh Malhi

hardeep_singh

+1 for aman dhaliwal
+1 for gsimz
+1 for iqwak
+100000000000000000 for arjun kaushal! lmao
sick set, JJ's unique style of creativity will be missed.

abhij95

before watching any of the videos the circuit needs some more people like you all

JJ you will be missed

singhk1

ABSOLUTELY loved this performance from beginning to end,
Aman dhaliwal was sick
Choreo was amazing
Song selection was too good
Loved wording change to the Addi Patti Chaldi gal teri te meri ni Boliyan
And all the dancers really just seemed like they were completely enjoying everything looked 2 Dirty!

Is the Mix up??

Anyone know the song at 7:15?

Hoya Singh

That is how you have fun on stage. Loved every minute of the performance boys and this team will definitely be missed

Badwal

First thing off the top of my head

Screw you for doing the broken kunda gimmick Ive BEEN trying to think of a way to do it but couldnt find a way

So for that Im jealous

CLEAN: Not just formations but the way all of you had your hands up the same way, when you spun you guys spun as a unit, energy was there throughout the routine and had its share of stuff that hit you and made you go "Ok thats pretty greezy", kunda being my fav. hands down, the way it hit and you guys launched yourselves around the stage, my only meh part was having to put the kunda together afterwards (My issue that I was talking about) but you guys pulled it off seamlessly

Creativity was there, a good blend of bhangra and crowd pleasers, if this came 3rd Id like to see the other teams, personally I thought you guys were 1st place contenders.

Good variations of formations, and using some of the old school songs like for your ending and even Bindrakhia (keep going back to kunda ahaha) loved the throw backs, you can never go wrong with using classics.

Team overall are crazy dancers, Shahrukh and Shahzaib HOLLAAAA YNWA

Wouldve been crazy if we got to compete with each other, hopefully that day will come, even if it isnt againt JJ, but you guys are overall crazy, Elite 8, VPD, BAB and now BATB. One of my fav. American teams hands down.

H.Sodhi83

shout out to my captain shahrukh for all the effort he put in and the extra work he did on the side to create a successful and entertaining set. dude cant give himself a shoutout so someone has to. loved dancing with this team and being a part of the brotherhood formed with these dancers and Klasikhz and Gsimz

AminderG

can't even watch the actual performance...every time I start the vid, I gotta run and change my pants after the first 45 secs :eek:

BBC

DREAM TEAM!<3
I honestly cannot complain about this performance because everything was on point. The Dancers/Mix/Singer/Dholi/Creativity/Crowd/EVERYTHING.

I just don't understand why you guys didn't end up getting first place for that unreal performance! I mean everything was there and the JJ style is by far one the more unique and entertaining of the bunch. Even though you guys say its the, "Last" or "Final" I know you'll be doing more and I can't wait for it! If anything JJ deserves a reunion performance?

The mix was hands down crazy as hell! Even though it isn't the same quality through the video as it really is, I could really feel the hype and my legs and arms were moving while you guys were tearing apart the stage! Been waiting all day to watch this performance and I can honestly say it was worth the wait! Definitely one to remember and good on you guys for putting in time for another performance but I wish the final would've been a first place for you guys but i'm pretty sure enough people will agree this is first place material hands down. :)

nmathur11

Wish more than anything I could have been up there with you guys. Proud of you bros, you guys absolutely killed it.

And like Simran just said, shout out to Shahrukh - no one made sets like you man. All that hard work paid off.
JJ for life!

special shoutout to shazzy for making me want to take my pants off with that khunda chaal

KushK

Haha you asked so nicely homie, couldn't say no to watching you guys from side stage! Also agreed the two teams have formed a very tight bond in the last few times we competed against each other but this weekend was just unreal. Had a great time kicking it with you all and thank you all for the words of encouragement and confidence boost after the placings haha!

Don't really know what to say about the set man. I think I told you all personally how dope it was. I remember standing there and watching this and knowing instantly you boys would place. This set was perfectly executed by some of the best dancers on the circuit. Hats off too all of you for putting on such a sick ass performance.

I think every team in the circuit hates you right about now for that khundha breaking gimmick. Everyone has thought of it but you boys did it to perfection.

ALSO JJ IS NOT DONE, I KNOW. =) Keep at it boys!

P.S. Quote of the weekend goes to Shahrukh (JUST GIVE ME THE PIZZA AND LET ME GO!) hahaha!

KaartikM

So proud to have been a part of this performance and everything JJ stands for. It was an amazing weekend dancing with the team in philly, so much love for the JJ bros! and once again huge props to you srk you deserve it!

mrchicity

Special shoutout to the pink and green jodis, this was their first time at a big competition (and for the green jodi, their first time doing Bhangra at any competition). You guys held it down for us old farts.

Love all of you JJ boys, past and present. You guys are my role models for bhangra. Jeowan

Armaan Kapoor

LOL, the guy at 3:57. haha but for real, this was a SICK performance. And the video does 0 justice to the mix, it was absolutely filthy. It was incredible to watch live from the balcony and a great way to end the show and JJ's legacy. It's been a pleasure watching you guys over the years, i hope ya'll pull a michael jordan on us.