dheerja
Member
- Messages
- 607
I think we all agree that competition judges shouldn't be random uncles/aunties with no bhangra experience. What are your thoughts on experienced judges from India vs. former dancers here?
Personally I'm a little torn on the issue. I like the idea of having former college/independent dancers from here as judges, just because they've competed in the scene before and can easily judge teams from North America. They are also less prejudiced against coed teams/all girls teams, and routines that have a more modern flavor.
The problem with these judges is the potential bias they bring to judging. They probably read POL and BTF, and know what teams are considered amazing and what teams are hated on. Before a team even gets onstage, these judges will probably have an opinion already formed, and maybe even a set of placings.
The problem with judges from India is basically what I said earlier. These judges usually strongly favor all guys and traditional teams, and are completely unreceptive to coed teams and modern styles.
Personally I'm a little torn on the issue. I like the idea of having former college/independent dancers from here as judges, just because they've competed in the scene before and can easily judge teams from North America. They are also less prejudiced against coed teams/all girls teams, and routines that have a more modern flavor.
The problem with these judges is the potential bias they bring to judging. They probably read POL and BTF, and know what teams are considered amazing and what teams are hated on. Before a team even gets onstage, these judges will probably have an opinion already formed, and maybe even a set of placings.
The problem with judges from India is basically what I said earlier. These judges usually strongly favor all guys and traditional teams, and are completely unreceptive to coed teams and modern styles.