• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Kauran Di Taur @ Jashan 2011

kaalia

This must be a new team cause this performance was a not very good compared to all the other ones from Jashan...how did this team get into Jashan Bhangra over others who applied?

This team needs major improvement in formations, transitions, learning the moves properly, synchronisation, smiling cause half your team looked anxious or angry dancing....sorry ladies your dancing like its 2007 still time to evolve. Mixx was like just mash up of different songs cut and pasted together.

Keep practicing and you will get better.

dude that was really rude ^^^^^ .....

jashan was all bout diversity ... they look pretty new no need to dog on them that badly tell them what they need to improve on .. dont diss a team

id like to see you up on stage do something ... and then get shit talked bout later and see how it feels

you needa chill son

Salinaaa

We are definitely a new team, and this was a new experience for us, first time on an international stage and we learned A LOT!.... we picked up on so many things and gained a lot of knowledge from all the other teams that competed.

Sorry we weren't to your liking but...we can only improve from here. Jashan was just getting out feet wet, it was an amazing experience to dance beside some of the best teams in north america.

I think that as a team we have grown a lot and now we know exactly where to improve. This was a huge competition, you can't start off being the best, you have to work hard and learn from others to improve, so hopefully we do.

Appreciate the critisism, do not appreciate the insults.

Joshileyjawan

u girls have maddd potential .. style is thurr. after couple more practices . u guys will be fine. just make sure the most important thing is to be clean. but i give this performance a solid B. u guys are very energetic

kaalia

If what i said is taken as an insult so be it, i just say it straight and don't beat around the bush. My team listened to criticisms that others said and never took it to heart but rather improved on what was mentioned. Now those same people I Thank because of their criticisms we improved and we started winning competitions.

I agree with Joshiley, mad potential this team has. Keep practicing you will only get better

Salinaaa

This was our third performance as a team and your right we have a lot to improve on, I am not arguing with that by any means. Like I said, we appreciate and WANT the criticism it will help us big time. Do not misunderstand me, we need to hear the truth especially when it hurts, it stings for a bit but your absolutely right in the fact that its only going to help us. The insulting part is asking how we got into the competition, we did...that's all that really matters, its done now anyways.

I'm happy to hear that you guys think we have potential, that means a lot and we are only going to work harder from this moment forward.

Thanks a lot!! :)

Ashveer

Salinaaa said:
We are definitely a new team, and this was a new experience for us, first time on an international stage and we learned A LOT!.... we picked up on so many things and gained a lot of knowledge from all the other teams that competed.

Sorry we weren't to your liking but...we can only improve from here. Jashan was just getting out feet wet, it was an amazing experience to dance beside some of the best teams in north america.

I think that as a team we have grown a lot and now we know exactly where to improve. This was a huge competition, you can't start off being the best, you have to work hard and learn from others to improve, so hopefully we do.

Appreciate the critisism, do not appreciate the insults.
I really liked the performance. Could tell you guys are a new team but also could tell that you're working really hard.

JattGoneRisky

kaalia said:
If what i said is taken as an insult so be it, i just say it straight and don't beat around the bush. My team listened to criticisms that others said and never took it to heart but rather improved on what was mentioned. Now those same people I Thank because of their criticisms we improved and we started winning competitions.

I agree with Joshiley, mad potential this team has. Keep practicing you will only get better
Moderator's note: edited. maybe a strike here Keep your comments about being some sort of bhangra analyst to yourself, especially when you are questioning how a team got into a competition. This was a home team, that brings in more people to the show (family/friends) that normally wouldn't know about the other great teams that came to the competition or exist.

Anyways, good showing by KDT..You guys do need to start incorporating some traditional moves into the dance especially with the teams these days incorporating different types of bhangra into their dance (ie Jhummar, Jugni and etc). Keep it up and look forward to seeing the team progress to the next level.

Salinaaa

Thank you for the feedback, we are definitely working on incorporating more traditional elements into our routine.

Bharathi

Salinaaa said:
Thank you for the feedback, we are definitely working on incorporating more traditional elements into our routine.
Tons of good elements, keep up the good work!

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
I think your school idea was cute :) and was the upside down girl actually playing the dhol?? crazy!

Salinaaa

Thank you!!!! yeah the girl upside down was playing the dhol haha :). The school idea happened because we wanted to do something a little different then a mela scene.