Kohinoor Folk Arts Club @ Bulldog Bhangra 2011 (GTVHD)

Kaur

SICKK!!!!!!!!! glad to see you guys picked up the stamina- good job!! Refreshing to see the perfect mix of 'creative' live bhangra with folk :)

Shahrukh

excellent job guys

blue guy with fuller beard great performance man ! really really really nice control had good balance of grace and power and you danced very clean maddddddddd props

ajsahota12

Arjun Sahota, Loyal to ABC like ish my bish
even better to watch live! they did amazing and the seeetiii @ 8:05 was creativeee !
props to kohinoor on their firstt, well deserved men!

Gaurav Sidhu

great creativity and loved the boliyan..set was good..but not upto kohinoor standards..set was quite messy at some points and dancers were not finishing moves..also some dancers gettin off beat and the pink jori on the right getting late pickin up the kato and then lost on the move aswell..none the less well desereved and great creativity really enjoyed that but in my opinion these guys are better, accoring to their masti performance which was straight fire!

sonehdataweet

I loved the rendition of heer in the beginning, it was both different and creative. I have to agree with Gaurav, the set could have been much cleaner in certain areas. However, y'all still won first place, congrats to all of you! I am definitely looking forward to seeing future performances and to see what else y'all bring to the plate. The boli selection was phenomenal - standing ovation to whoever picked them! While watching the video I didn't really pay attention to the dholi till the end of the performance. Did he not use a dagga the whole routine?

ashveer24

KFAC
soniadewett said:
I loved the rendition of heer in the beginning, it was both different and creative. I have to agree with Gaurav, the set could have been much cleaner in certain areas. However, y'all still won first place, congrats to all of you! I am definitely looking forward to seeing future performances and to see what else y'all bring to the plate. The boli selection was phenomenal - standing ovation to whoever picked them! While watching the video I didn't really pay attention to the dholi till the end of the performance. Did he not use a dagga the whole routine?
he dropped it towards the end of the performance !!

ashveer24

KFAC
ashveer24 said:
soniadewett said:
he put it aside towards the end of the performance!!

MDB

soniadewett said:

Hi Sonia,

Ustad's play this way to put in more creative beat. His Dagga is on top of Dhol and beat he is playing is called "Dhaphaa" . Hard to play but bass sound generated is extreme. Better than Dagga. Very few Ustad's can play Dhaphaa properly. Jicky Ustad is good at playing Dhaphaa

One more thing Mic quality or either sound settings were in correct because bass sound of dhol was sounding different in mic.
Over All good performance. Mistakes are part of any performance. Good set. boliyan selection very good. especially @ jugni.
Thanks.
Major

sonehdataweet

MDB said:
soniadewett said:

Hi Sonia,

Ustad's play this way to put in more creative beat. His Dagga is on top of Dhol and beat he is playing is called "Dhaphaa" . Hard to play but bass sound generated is extreme. Better than Dagga. Very few Ustad's can play Dhaphaa properly. Jicky Ustad is good at playing Dhaphaa

One more thing Mic quality or either sound settings were in correct because bass sound of dhol was sounding different in mic.
Over All good performance. Mistakes are part of any performance. Good set. boliyan selection very good. especially @ jugni.
Thanks.
Major
Makes sense :) Thank youu!

JayKay

Gaurav Sidhu said:
...also some dancers gettin off beat and the pink jori on the right getting late pickin up the kato and then lost on the move as well..
no excuses for a mess up..... but in this case he messed up his foot pretty bad during practice and was in a lot of pain performing...he froze his foot for the performance...wasn't on his "A game" that's for sure....ive never really seen him mess up before...so it must of been a extreme injury for him to loose concentration....

but on behalf of Kohinoor i would like to say thanks for your support and keep em comments coming...

ANY suggestions as to being more creative?... we'd love to bounce ideas off each other and try to make it as entertaining and folk as possible. All ideas are always welcome... :D