Koi Mor Liavo Ni, Bhangra Mera Margeya Ni Bhangra Mera Margeya

amancheema

Dear Bhangra Community of the North American Continent,

This is a humble request.

Enough is enough. We are tired of watching this befajool gandh.

Some one, some team please bring the #THAR and #PUNJABI back to the beloved dance formerly known as BHANGRA.

If we wanted to watch a circus or magic show, we would pay for one.

Please stop cheating your way around the folk dance of my culture.

Best,
Aman Cheema

AnkurK

Massive +1 Bruv!

Why is it wrong these days to tell teams that their routine sucked? Can teams please stop jerking each other's egos off? Are we only going to go around saying nice things regardless of how bad the routines are?

I'd like to take this time to say that just about every routine this year has sucked monkey dick.

God Bless,
Ankur Khanna

Saab

Today is a gift
Aman - where is Johnny lever

Ankur - monkey*. As Btf is populated with mostly recent college grads and college students, a money dick would be too tempting.

Well said also.

jattkharku

amancheema said:

Some one, some team please bring the #THAR and #PUNJABI back to the beloved dance formerly known as BHANGRA.

Best,
Aman Cheema
100% agree

AnkurK said:
Why is it wrong these days to tell teams that their routine sucked? Can teams please stop jerking each other's egos off? Are we only going to go around saying nice things regardless of how bad the routines are?

God Bless,
Ankur Khanna
EXACTLY!

Thank you Cheema ji for doing this!

Ashveer

Phew, I thought I was the only one. The close-up camera view from WBBC shows that 'nakhra' is all but dead.

yomamajama

siddyp said:
amancheema said:

Best,
Aman Cheema

What was brought back?
NJ brought back that folk, no gimmick bullshit, go hard like they do in the pind Bhangra

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
yomamajama said:
NJ brought back that folk, no gimmick bullshit, go hard like they do in the pind Bhangra
To my bros on NJ, this isn't attacking you. I loved this routine. This is me debating what is quoted.

What was folk about the first 20 seconds of this routine? Please link me to multiple videos where they start with straight jumps in the pind. Or where they do 540's in betke. Or the step at 0:23 of the linked vid above. or the step at 0:12. or 2:44 <-- all this stuff I think is SICK. but it isn't "folk" or "pindu"

Please explain to me that the step at 1:17 isn't gimmicky. Or 1:24. Or 1:59 or 2:18. Do you want me to keep going?

Is this routine/choreo sick? Yeah. Folk? Yes it covers the basic elements/segments. Not gimmicky? yeah... I guess. But its far from what they do/did in the pind. I dont even think they go this hard in the pind in terms of speed and straight up difficulty of choreography.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
dear bhangra dancers of the north american continent

please continue making shitty performances and stroking each other's ego

the resulting BTF backlash is always straight comedy

sincerely yours,

a thoroughly entertained viewer

disharma1317

disharmz
amancheema said:

Best,
Aman Cheema
Dear BTF community,

My friend Aman Cheema was blackout drunk at the time of his posting. As such, he has stated on record that he will not read responses longer than 100 words, if he reads them at all. I quote, "Plz [sic] no essays. Also plz [sic] no emotional essays or statistical analysis. I don't speak loser."

This is not to say that I share his opinion, but merely that I'm just going on record to say he's a bit of a lazy reader and an occasional asshole.

Thanks

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Bhangra/Dhol from Naya Daur (1957), Clip 1

Bhangra scene from Naya Daur (1957), Clip 2

That is what the "Folk Dance" of your culture looked like 50 years ago. So which one are you talking about? The one that started like 30- years ago that we see on stages? The one that had very little organized steps and went in circles like in the video? Or dances like jhummar, luddi and sammi which have been around for 100s of years in north India. Because stagi bhangra resembles very little what folk punjabi dances looked like 100 years ago.

Cheating their way around the dance of your folk culture? Please explain which dance and which folk culture you are talking about. Because as far as I am concerned, taking communal folk dances which were danced on specific occaisions in CIRCLES for 100s of years and sticking them on a stage and formally making steps is cheating around the dance of MY FOLK CULTURE. :)

campy614

disharma1317 said:
amancheema said:

Best,
Aman Cheema
Dear BTF community,

My friend Aman Cheema was blackout drunk at the time of his posting. As such, he has stated on record that he will not read responses longer than 100 words, if he reads them at all. I quote, "Plz [sic] no essays. Also plz [sic] no emotional essays or statistical analysis. I don't speak loser."

This is not to say that I share his opinion, but merely that I'm just going on record to say he's a bit of a lazy reader and an occasional asshole.

Thanks
Occasional?
Also LMFAO!

amancheema

shub pranaam ... thank you for all love, hope everyone having the great Thursday with the full enjoyment