Legwork Help

dhildhil

Hey, i’m trying to self-learn and am strugglin with the buttkicks (honestly can't find what the footwork is called) these [ . I notice they kick out and around but I just can't get mine to look anything like that. Any tips? Thanks

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Sup. We call the footwork "pataka or dhamaka" footwork.

-Start your dancing from the stance they start in at the beginning before they start dancing.
-Notice that they keep their feet pointed out. We call it, feet in a V. All bhangra steps should be done with feet in a V.
-When your feet are in a V, it points your knees out as well. What should happen when you lift your leg when doing as you called buttkicks, is have your foot go straight back to your butt.
-The angle should already be created based on how you started the step. They are not rounding anything to me on the way back...
-They are pushing their knee out a little wider as they go back which creates the roundness you see on the way down because the angle changed.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

dhildhil

-Start your dancing from the stance they start in at the beginning before they start dancing.
-Notice that they keep their feet pointed out. We call it, feet in a V. All bhangra steps should be done with feet in a V.
-When your feet are in a V, it points your knees out as well. What should happen when you lift your leg when doing as you called buttkicks, is have your foot go straight back to your butt.
-The angle should already be created based on how you started the step. They are not rounding anything to me on the way back...
-They are pushing their knee out a little wider as they go back which creates the roundness you see on the way down because the angle changed.

Thank you so much!

Jahordon

Haven't seen this footwork described so clearly in writing before, especially the bold part. Thanks!