Lishkare Apne Punjabiyan De @ Dhol Di Awaz 13

Sunpreet

Bhangra's Most Wanted (BMW)
"Woop Woop.. That's the sound of da police"

Good Job guys, keep it up! and Send me the MIX Akhil..

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Much improved from last year. In terms of offering input on your creative aspect of the performance:

> You guys have some good creative elements in the routine, HOWEVER, the vast majority of these X-factors are derivative of things other well-publicized teams have done at major competitions. I don't want to comment on whether they were simply a coincidence or an intended variation, but in the past year, I've seen newer teams fall into the same trap and thus fail to make any sort of impactful positive impression on the audience, judges and BTF.

> There are parts where you need to better sell your X-factors. It always helps to have 1-2 dancers always looking at the bigger picture constantly imagining the routine being performed on a stage and viewed from all angles. As Ankush <3 always asks me, have someone ask you: "Do you think this will actually show?". Will the effect be lost if we go with vertical lines?

> Invest in better formations. You guys played it a bit too safe. Routines these days live off good choreography along with constant motion. You don't need to go OD on formations, but I don't think staying in the same stagger formations for 30 seconds, moving, doing a formation bit, and then getting back into staggers is all that exciting.

> The mix is great, but sync it better with the performance. If you guys have a more chilled out motion/choreo in the routine, don't use the DBI dhol beat hoyes at that point. A great mix, like a great routine, shouldn't be all energy/all hype and needs its own chilled out/mellow/build-up portions to illustrate the contrast between energy/grace. Your mix needs to better accompany your choreography.

> The vardiyan are fine and despite the UVA concept similarities, they're much better than complete pink, blue and yellow that every co-ed team is going for these days.

And garbage bags? Those look nothing like garbage bags! If anything, it looks like latex and there's nothing wrong with girls getting on stage in black latex! :)

Love

kinnell said:
Much improved from last year. In terms of offering input on your creative aspect of the performance:

> You guys have some good creative elements in the routine, HOWEVER, the vast majority of these X-factors are derivative of things other well-publicized teams have done at major competitions. I don't want to comment on whether they were simply a coincidence or an intended variation, but in the past year, I've seen newer teams fall into the same trap and thus fail to make any sort of impactful positive impression on the audience, judges and BTF.

> There are parts where you need to better sell your X-factors. It always helps to have 1-2 dancers always looking at the bigger picture constantly imagining the routine being performed on a stage and viewed from all angles. As Ankush <3 always asks me, have someone ask you: "Do you think this will actually show?". Will the effect be lost if we go with vertical lines?

> Invest in better formations. You guys played it a bit too safe. Routines these days live off good choreography along with constant motion. You don't need to go OD on formations, but I don't think staying in the same stagger formations for 30 seconds, moving, doing a formation bit, and then getting back into staggers is all that exciting.

> The mix is great, but sync it better with the performance. If you guys have a more chilled out motion/choreo in the routine, don't use the DBI dhol beat hoyes at that point. A great mix, like a great routine, shouldn't be all energy/all hype and needs its own chilled out/mellow/build-up portions to illustrate the contrast between energy/grace. Your mix needs to better accompany your choreography.

> The vardiyan are fine and despite the UVA concept similarities, they're much better than complete pink, blue and yellow that every co-ed team is going for these days.

And garbage bags? Those look nothing like garbage bags! If anything, it looks like latex and there's nothing wrong with girls getting on stage in black latex! :)
Thanks for the input Kinnel! We'll dissect our video as a team and see what hit and what didn't in order to improve for our next performances.
Hauaha the use of the phrase "OD" made me laugh. My cousin is here from
New York and he always says "OD" and "Dead ass"(whatever that means).

imakhilyou37

I get alot of what you're saying, would you mind pm'ing me the creative elements that you think were inspired from other teams? W
They obviously weren't done purposely, and thought everything was pretty original when we were planning em out, but your insight would help us out alot in the future.

I see what you mean formations wise, we stayed in windows a few times where another mroe creative formation might've hit better.

Mix wise, would it be possible to give me specifics as well? We tried putting drops where it fit with our choreo, like tere vargi and our jugni, but if you wouldnt mind letting me know where you think theres too much energy so that we can impliment it and make our future mixes sound better.

Thanks alot for the constructive criticsm man!

singh89

This was a really good performance from your past performances see a lot of improvement. Outfits weren't as bad just the kurteh were to shinny. Maybe get new kurteh or something or just work with these. Also, I remember the guy in the purple had lost energy through out the routine, he needs to build up stamina. Overall good job and hope to see you guys at more comps.

baljot

Mariam said:
ummm am I the only one who that was soooo creative??? SO ENTERTAINING i love it!!! obvv clean up but i thought the performance was awesome - kept me glued to the screen whole time! good job!

also I think the vardiyan look nice, they're diff!
+100

Sandeep.M

You call it Bhangra, I call it love
I think you guys did a pretty good job, there was a lot of energy in it, could be just a little bit more clean n make the moves more clean with grace but good job! I don't think the vardiyan should be compared to garbage bags.. :S . They're something different, nice and shinnnyy! :)

Somi

Hookah is NOT harmful!
I really enjoy you guys.
I agree with Mariam, my eyes were on the screen the whole time, there were things here and there that can be cleaned up [ill talk to you about that Akhil]
Good job guys

Richa

Varan Rakhra said:
girl in blue ripped it!!!
Thanks, I kinda was really disappointed with this particular performance..it never hit me that i was performing till the last song so it was hard doing nakra and all.

Archana

Overall, it was a much better improvement than last year. As far as outfits go, yes they are too shiny. But, if you guys like it, then it shouldn't matter. Just like how Aman said, jodi jhummar was a no no, especially with the close up, no one had facial expression. Gotta remember that GTV is in the house. lol. Aslo, work on completing the move. I agree with what Manvir said as well. Some of you guys look tired. So just work on it and you guys are good. :)
Red Jodi killed it, by far the best jodi. Only thing, the girl in red just work on facial expression and your set. :)

priya sharma

Archana said:
Overall, it was a much better improvement than last year. As far as outfits go, yes they are too shiny. But, if you guys like it, then it shouldn't matter. Just like how Aman said, jodi jhummar was a no no, especially with the close up, no one had facial expression. Gotta remember that GTV is in the house. lol. Aslo, work on completing the move. I agree with what Manvir said as well. Some of you guys look tired. So just work on it and you guys are good. :)
Red Jodi killed it, by far the best jodi. Only thing, the girl in red just work on facial expression and your set. :)
Thanks Archana :)