Malwa Bhangra - Part 1

Arjun Barua

Haven't watched it yet, but got so excited when I saw the title, that I had to share it with everyone first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTr0l7YWOiY

Sidhu

watched this like an hour ago, was gonna post it but i didnt think
it was all that good.

<3

Arjun Barua

Unfortunately, you're right, Bobby. Definitely not what i expected.

But I noticed there's something different about this video that you don't see in other India videos (at least, it's the first time I've noticed it), and it may be part of the reason why the performance doesn't look that great. Who knows what I'm talking about?

Hans89

Yea, its not as good as the others i've seen. I think its different because this is the first one i've seen indoors lol

Arjun Barua

Hans89 said:
I think its different because this is the first one i've seen indoors lol
Nope, not what I had in mind, Hans. I've seen quite a few of them indoors. There's something else. Think about the way the video was shot...

Kanvar

Why So Jaloose?
hahaha. the video is shot from really far away. every other video is close up so you can see dancer's expressions.

Benny

i think the main reason this performance does not LOOK that good even though it is a good performance is because it is from the top view...most india team performances are from a front close-up view where the viewers focus on the choreography, dancers and their expressions...in this video, the viewers' attention will automatically shift towards the formations instead of the dancers and the choreography...is that what u were thinking arjun???

Arjun Barua

Yup, it's a combination of the distance and viewing from above that detracts from the dance. But mainly it's viewing from above that kills the dance, for the reasons listed by Benny.

Havish

That is def one thing you lose from a video is that up top and further away...

you lose the effect of being there and experiencing the performance. Close up you feel like you in the audience watching it, but far away it feels like you watching the bhangra version of sportscenter and watchin the replay of it

Benny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddVRJZS9JIE

watch this....same team but the front view...such a big difference

karan923

this is part 2 of the same team...wat u guyz think of this one??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L4nBsMDOdEs

bale

you guyz gotta be kiddin. it has sickkkkk videography. check the part at 6:08. UNREAALLL

Don

bale said:
you guyz gotta be kiddin. it has sickkkkk videography. check the part at 6:08. UNREAALLL

hahahah...yea ur rite the part at 6:08 is UNREAL....LMAO

Harman

Havish said:
That is def one thing you lose from a video is that up top and further away...

you lose the effect of being there and experiencing the performance. Close up you feel like you in the audience watching it, but far away it feels like you watching the bhangra version of sportscenter and watchin the replay of it
Havish is absolutly right. Ive seen plenty of videos of live bhangra teams online but its not the same as watching them online. I went to the world cup bhangra comp in punjab in january and watching rooh punjab de, PAU, and ggn perform was prolly the sickest thing ive ever seen. Not many have seen the three videos but i assure you the experience watching them live is unreal. The expression the energy, most people say live is same and boring but watching it live makes all the difference. Watching these teams perform was incredible i didnt even blink once.