MBT NDC 2nd Place & Blowout 3rd Place Videos

JesseMangat

Hey BTF!

Presenting MBT's Naach Di Cleveland (2nd) and Bhangra Blowout (3rd) performances from this semester. Both comps were very well run and we had an amazing time competing at both with some of the best teams. Congrats to BU, CMU, and DRP for their respective placings both weekends! We didn't finish our season the way we had hoped but we are very proud of our team for pulling through with the performances despite multiple dancers battling the flu, pneumonia, and even a fractured foot at blowout. Such passion is hard to come by and it was an honor leading MBT to six straight placings along with my co-captains during both years Akshaya ('18) and Shawn ('19). This year I think the circuit saw that collegiate teams are truly on the rise again as BU ripped NDC and all eight performances at Blowout were truly so much fun to watch, so huge shout out for everyone for stepping it up a notch. Excited to see where the next generation of MBT goes, and as always any positive/negative feedback on the performances would be much appreciated!

Special thanks to Dilbagh for hooking us up with crispy paghs at Blowout, DJ Juggy and Bhoops for our fire backdrop video, and MOMO Legitamit & RSD for absolutely ripping our mix (Best Mix Award at Blowout)! Such professionals highly recommend reaching out to all of these people for the help you need! Thank you Howie, Umer, and everyone else back home in Michigan for giving us continual critiques through the season to help us dance even harder.

NDC Dancers:
Jesse Mangat & Megha Ramappan-Red
Shawn Matharu & Rohitha Polasani-Ferozi
Puneet Dhatt & Akshaya Rajkumar-Purple
Jasnoor Singh & Roshni Misra-Royal
Rohan Batra & Nicole Misquitta-Pink
Kanav Mahajan & Priya Mathews-Forest

Blowout Dancers:
Jesse Mangat & Megha Ramappan-Red
Shawn Matharu & Rohitha Polasani-Ferozi
Puneet Dhatt & Akshaya Rajkumar-Purple
Jasnoor Singh & Roshni Misra-Royal
Karan Bains & Simmi Gill-Pink
Rohan Vaishnav & Priya Mathews-Forest

NDC Video:

Blowout Video:

Mix:

Last edited:

Howie Magz

Having captained MBT with Sahab Grover and Pratik Lakhani in 2015-2016, we would like to give a big shout out to @JesseMangat , @shawnmatharu and @Akshaya for how well they have done with this team from 2017-2019. You have exceeded all of our expectations and the 3 of you have led the team to 6 placings during each of your tenure and elevated the level of dancing and set design. Its crazy how Jesse and Shawn went from the chimta players at competitions during my senior year to leaders who helped lead the team to so many placings against not only the best of the collegiate circuit, but also the independent teams that y’all have beaten at the competitions y’all have danced against. This should be a lesson to a lot of dancers who sit there and complain about not being treated fairly on their team and how they should of competed on stage and etc. If you want to dance/lead a team, put in the work and don’t point your fingers at anyone for why you didn’t dance.

I was there at Blowout to watch this competition and its amazing how Akshaya who fractured her foot during tech time on show day to sucking it up 6 hours later and going on stage and still performing the set well. Outside of the great execution that y’all brought, I think the aspect that hurt you guys at Blowout this year was set design. The set was very folk which is fine, but the wow factors were not exactly there in comparison to some of the other teams I have seen such as UNC. The pikka gimmick I did not entirely understand as to what that had to do with the set. The jhoomer was my favorite part out of this whole set due to the mix and the nahkra y’all exhibited on stage. I know have heard the rubric emphasized execution over set design so you guys probably lost points on the set design aspect. Moving forward for next year, whomever the captains are should continue to train dancers to execute on this level, but up the set design to include more refreshing choreography. Best of Luck moving forward and once again congratulations.