Mixing Ladder Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give a quick update about the ladder and a change we are going to implement. After thinking about the schedule, we are going to be changing the schedule of the mixing ladder from weekly to biweekly (one week mixing and one week voting/challenging). First, the original two days of voting will be changed to seven meaning that voting will be starting Sunday (8/7) and end on Saturday (8/13). We are planning on having 6 total rounds taking us into October and then will probably take a consensus if we should continue. The first set of rankings after this week will be decided by how much one dj beats another by. So a dj winning by 50 votes would be ranked higher than someone who won by 30. The second set of rankings from the second week on would be based from beating people above or below them in rankings. In terms of matchups, DJs will be allowed to call anyone out withing 3 rankings above or below them and can challenge each other if they mutually agree. The rankings in that case would change if the lower ranked beat the higher ranked and in that case they would switch rankings, or if the the higher ranked dj wins, they both will keep their rankings. For example if DJ 1 was ranked 7 and DJ 2 was ranked 5. If DJ 1 wins, then DJ 1 will be rank 5 and DJ 2 will be rank 7. If DJ 2 wins, they will both keep their previous rankings. For voting, there will be polls on btf for each matchup and people can vote there. Please send us some song suggestions that you may have so we can have a greater variety to choose from and sense what everyone wants to hear. Also mixers are welcome to join the ladder for the next rounds and can signup through the link here:http://goo.gl/Fms6Oghttp://goo.gl/Fms6Og

iJatt

Gurekmann Gill said:
For voting, there will be polls on btf for each matchup and people can vote there.

Is there a way to monitor if fake accounts are being created just to vote? @Basim

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
iJatt said:
Is there a way to monitor if fake accounts are being created just to vote? @Basim
Sort of - I mean, someone would have to manually look at all accounts being registered, compare IP addresses, etc.

I can tell you it's already a problem that I've noticed today - so many random accounts being created with no post history (so I'm guessing they are being used just to vote).

This is why, in the past, we always counted votes manually when people respond to each matchup topic & have a minimum number of posts to vote (in the past, we required 5 posts, but I would suggest 10 now). It definitely requires a bit more work for the mixing mods (having to tally up the results instead of just looking at the final numbers of a poll), but it also helps to ensure that the voting is legitimate.

Anyway, this is something the mixing mods running the ladder will need to make a decision on.

~ Basim :)

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
I think we should disable the vote viewer count till the end of the voting period to make things more impartial for the voters and the results to be released at the end of the bi-weekly cycle instead of showing the voting count after the vote is cast. Also, same thing goes for the SoundCloud account for the number of views and likes per song. Those things might impact peoples views on the track itself.

Navi Dhaliwal

HdBrar said:
I think we should disable the vote viewer count till the end of the voting period to make things more impartial for the voters and the results to be released at the end of the bi-weekly cycle instead.
+1

preet585

Aka$h said:
Post voting > poll voting
yes, need to bring this back asap! I emailed the ladder mods about having post voting by members on BTF that have 10+ posts. Just waiting on their approval!

Status
Not open for further replies.