Mixing Ladder Week 1 Matchup 7: kRRn MiXeS vs. Akash Bansal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TegHans

BTF Mixing Mod
Matchup 7:

**Please note that DJ 2's mix was flagged for copyright on Soundcloud, so we have uploaded it as a Google Drive file. If you are unable to access it on a mobile device, please use your computer. If there are still access issues, PM a mod.**

The original song was Velli Yaar by Kulwinder Dhillon:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

You can vote by commenting below with your choice of which DJ (1 or 2) mixed the song more effectively. Feedback is also welcome.
Voting closes on Thursday, June 28th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Old school song that brought back memories. Good choice for mixing.

DJ 1's intro was decent, but I was but it took way too long (0:30+ seconds) to finally bring the original song in. I liked the attempt to speed up the original song, but I didn't feel the drop & transition at 0:58. I wish the explosion at the end hit deeper - so perhaps some EQ work need to be done on your mix overall.

DJ 2 - safer mix, but I wish the vocals were bit more forward. The subtle effects throw in throughout the mix was a nice touch, but overall I wish there was a bit more variety. The gabroo chel shabeley song was blended in well. There was about 4 seconds of blank space at the end of your mix for no reason too.

My vote: DJ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.