Mixing Ladder Week 2 Matchup 4 Double A vs RsK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kman58

Dj1, please learn some music theory basics. Your mixing was completely out of key and that alone throws off the potential for the remix completely, no point in even touching production quality when basic musical knowledge/skills are absent. Dj2, remix was empty tbh, if Dj1's mix was in key then I would probably vote for that due to the higher complexity of the remix instead of just adding another chaal dhol loop under the mix like Dj2.

My vote nonetheless is for Dj2.

GSingh

DJ 1: Don't follow the cat model. If a beat fits, it does not necessarily sits. Learn about melody as it will help you make decisions as to which beats you can mix with which song. Topic to google: Harmonic mixing.

Winner DJ 2: although I wasn't crazy about the mix. The intro sounded low quality so I started out :(. The beat dropped and I was more :|. :53 I didnt' like the chopping at all because it ruined the lyrical integrity. It's an 8 beat couplet and when you cut the first 4 and combine them with the first four of another couplet, the meaning gets lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.