Mixing Ladder Wk 1 Matchup 14 (late submission)

Aka$h vs Teg Hans

• DJ 1

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • DJ 2

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://soundcloud.com/user-901970122/mixing-ladder-akash
https://soundcloud.com/user-901970122/week-1-matchup-14-dj-1-akash-vs-teg-hans

GSingh

DJ 2: Bach bach ke sarangi is out of pitch. Even though it is a remix, one should still be able to decipher the lyrics. I cannot here until the chorus comes in. Overall, this seems very tailored to a sapp segment or something similar. I don't think I'd be able to casually listen to this. The jazzy B inclusion is random IMO. Lyrically there's no connection between put jattan da and yaari. IDK what the rules are but I feel like the challenge is to transform the song, not swap it out for something else. With all that said, I do feel the time constraint on this mix. I've been in similar situations before so I hope next week, you're able to spend more time and bring out something that really proves that you got it ;)

DJ 1: More mysterious and slap in the car vibe. I do appreciate the cleanliness. The dhamaal dhol could def be louder and more pronounced from an EQ perspective. Enemies ties in great with the theme of yaari. overall, the vocals could use some more front time -- rn they're just coming along for the ride while the bass drives. Overall mix could use a slight bump in the upper end.

For cleanliness and better themed inclusions, DJ 1.

Hope any and all comments are taken constructively and not personally. :)

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
DJ 1 - I liked the variation from the original song and the execution brought it. DJ 1 also had a proper outro (despite using the very cliche "glass breaking" effect).

~ Basim :)

P.S. - Suggestion: Could the mixing mods include the original artist & song name either in the thread or soundcloud link (or both?). It would help immensely and also gives people new music to add to their collection if they liked the song being used.

mithu

DJ 1 gets my vote. D2 1 just did a generic "hype" mix.

Quality of both were sub par. Neither were enjoyable to listen to since majority of the time all I heard were were the back beats, and percussion.
Remixes should never drown out vocals. DJ 1 could have easily ran away with this if they spent more time mixing and mastering the mix.

P.S. - I agree with Basim. Original song names (or even original files being posted would be nice).

EDIT: Had DJ numbers mixed up

iJatt

mithu said:
DJ 2 gets my vote. DJ 1 just did a generic "hype" mix.

Quality of both were sub par. Neither were enjoyable to listen to since majority of the time all I heard were were the back beats, and percussion.
Remixes should never drown out vocals. DJ 2 could have easily ran away with this if they spent more time mixing and mastering the mix.

P.S. - I agree with Basim. Original song names (or even original files being posted would be nice).

DJ 2 had the generic hype mix? Think you got numbers mixed around

mithu

iJatt said:
mithu said:
DJ 2 gets my vote. DJ 1 just did a generic "hype" mix.

Remixes should never drown out vocals. DJ 2 could have easily ran away with this if they spent more time mixing and mastering the mix.

DJ 2 had the generic hype mix? Think you got numbers mixed around

Good catch, I did have numbers mixed up. Was going by the order the links are posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.