Most Versatile Team?

folkdancer

What team do you think is the most versatile team, as in successfully placing at all the different types of competitions (Traditional music, modern music, live/dhol)?

Kush

Lol AEG and VCU do not even belong in the same category as SGPD and NJ when it comes to versatility. How could anyone even think that? Gonna have to say thats the worst self pump i've seen in a long time, faizan. lol.

Harman got it right. NJ 1st, with SGPD at close 2nd, when it comes to versatility. I'll throw RU out there too, for doing well at both live and music in the last few years.

EDIT: This is with reference to teams. No doubt VCU has had dancers who have murdered live sets, and probably could be sick at old school early 2000's style bhangra too. I've seen the old videos ;). I'm sure AEG has a few good live dancers as well. But as VCU and AEG? nope.

KingGeorge

Kush said:
Lol AEG and VCU do not even belong in the same category as SGPD and NJ when it comes to versatility. How could anyone even think that? Gonna have to say thats the worst self pump i've seen in a long time, faizan. lol.

Harman got it right. NJ 1st, with SGPD at close 2nd, when it comes to versatility. I'll throw RU out there too, for doing well at both live and music in the last few years.

EDIT: This is with reference to teams. No doubt VCU has had dancers who have murdered live sets, and probably could be sick at old school early 2000's style bhangra too. I've seen the old videos ;) . I'm sure AEG has a few good live dancers as well. But as VCU and AEG? nope.
I think Faizan, in delivering his opinion, was putting more weight on the notion of placing high in traditional as well as modern comps (which both AEG and VCU have historically accomplished). Therefore, I doubt his opinion was "the worst self pump [you've] seen in a long time".

Don

amancheema said:
Kush said:

EDIT: This is with reference to teams. No doubt VCU has had dancers who have murdered live sets, and probably could be sick at old school early 2000's style bhangra too. I've seen the old videos ;) . I'm sure AEG has a few good live dancers as well. But as VCU and AEG? nope.
I think Faizan, in delivering his opinion, was putting more weight on the notion of placing high in traditional as well as modern comps (which both AEG and VCU have historically accomplished). Therefore, I doubt his opinion was "the worst self pump [you've] seen in a long time".

OP's question clearly states placing at all three different types of competitions. Due to the fact that AEG and VCU have never have even competed live (let alone place in live), I don't see how listing them can be justified. Also I love SGPD and no disrespect to them, but they have not placed when going live. So they also can not be thought of as the most versatile. Only NJ and HPD come to mind.

Smash

If we talking about a one team history then the only two teams that come to mind are NJ and Duniya Allstars. Both teams showing they can hold their own with live, music modern, and music traditional styles.

SGPD has done extremely well in both modern and traditional based comps but were a huge fail in live and we haven't seen SGPD live since, thus coming to the conclusion that they can not do live.

VCU has also shown it can hold its own in modern and traditional based comps but has never gone live. If you are to consider the dancers from VCU going live with a team like PPA, then you can make the argument that they are included in the list of most versatile, but if you are considering only teams then they would be out seeing how they haven't performed live. AEG would be in this same group.

Heeray has yet to prove they can hold their own in modern comps. I've only seen them compete in comps that fit their style which is traditional folk.

Love

Vdub has gone music, live, and half/half haven't they? They've placed at traditional comps, and last year at a pretty modern bruin bhangra as well

Vijay

1. nj
2. Shan e punjab (tdot)/Rooh punjab di - not sure if u can consider these 2 as 1 team but i am for now
3. sgpd
honorable mention: virse de waris

HarmanSingh

Kush said:

+1

Shan-E Punjab and Rooh Punjab Di.

faizan

Just shut up and dance
oops did not read the first post, sorry... So then i would say nj sgpd rpd and shan e...

And no need to be douches, thx.