• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Music Software

Varun00

Hey, I am looking for an editing software that allows you to rip/separate the background music from the vocals..anyone know what I could use? Thanks in advance

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Virtual DJ does a decent job at it. And I do mean decent. I can take out the background music and leave just the vocals (Karaoke style) in addition to vice versa. For some songs, it works out well. However, for a lot of songs, it isn't as clean as one can hope.

In addition, you would have to click record and in the moment, play the mix, click the required effect and wait it out as it plays. It doesn't allow you to edit music as a whole, but play them as a DJ would play them and record them. Eeek.

imakhilyou37

No, he's talking about getting an acapella/instrumentals from an mp3 file.
No video file involved.

Atleast im pretty sure that's what he's talkin about...

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
some software has a center channel extractor and tweaking the settings of the phase and whatnot may get you there. when i tried it, it isolated the vocals but they sounded garbled.

Sunny

Capital Bhangra
theres this program called karaoke sound tools and it does a pretty good job on taking out vocals