• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Nachde Shokeen Gabroo (NSG) @ Sin City Bhangra 2013

Jlehga

Hey guys,

Here is NSG’s video from this past weekend’s competition. The only reason we took it off before was to overlay the mix with the video so that the screaming wouldn’t be as big of a distraction for viewers. Aside from this, thank you for the feedback, and we all agree with what Swi had to say about our set. Going into the competition, Nav and I knew we would get called out for the blue jodi being the center of attention for the majority of the performance. With such a short timeframe to teach choreo and formations, we knew that this was the step we had to take in order to produce a placing performance. With Nachda Punjab right around the corner, NSG will be sure to change up a good amount of this set with jodi rotation in mind.

With all of these things being said, I have never been so proud to say that I danced with NSG. It was an honor watching everyone on this team come such a long way in just a few weeks, and I truly hope that this past year of NSG is a just a small glimpse of what this team will become in the future. Once again, congratulations to all of the placing teams and to the Sin City committee for putting on a great show.

Dancers:

Girls: Meenu Thind, Bhavi Vohra, Anjuli Dhillon
Blue: Me/ Nav Singh
Yellow: Gurtej Clair/ Lovedeep Jhamat
Purple: Jaskirt Singh/ Prabhjot Kalira
Red: Harman Badwal/ Harry Sandhu
Green: Param Singh/ Taminder Bariana
Pink: Bimpie Bajwa/ Sarbag Sidhu

Video:

NSG - Sin City Bhangra 2013

singhk1

Ok these boys were pretty nice... they got first and probabl N probably had a heck of a time after in vegas , Props to the girls who stayed under that flag for like 10 minutes requires a lot of patience they probably had a lot of adrenaline goin on I could imagine, a lot of patience haha

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
DAAAAAYUUUM those turlas are fiiiiinnneeee!

Congrads on the win!

what did i just watch..... this was horrible. you guys were my favorite team!!!! this was just messy. but still much love from the east coast!

singhk1

legacybhangrakrew said:
what did i just watch..... this was horrible. you guys were my favorite team!!!! this was just messy. but still much love from the east coast!

Lol... so much love from the east coast with that hate in the comment haha

Armaan Kapoor

Nice job guys! I really liked the choreo of this set, very energetic. In terms of the blue jodi being the center of attraction, yea I think it was really evident in the second half of the set more than the first. It also can't hurt to have other jodis do the gimmicks, I think the blue jodi did all of them. Also got to say that I don't think that the move around 2:50 that the blue jodi did doesn't really add to the set at all and drew unnecessary attention. But overall, nice job, definitely see a lot of improvement from your set from notorious bhangra.

Also, PLEASE upload a video of how you guys do your turlas, so sick!

Armaan Kapoor said:
Nice job guys! I really liked the choreo of this set, very energetic. In terms of the blue jodi being the center of attraction, yea I think it was really evident in the second half of the set more than the first. It also can't hurt to have other jodis do the gimmicks, I think the blue jodi did all of them. Also got to say that I don't think that the move around 2:50 that the blue jodi did doesn't really add to the set at all and drew unnecessary attention. But overall, nice job, definitely see a lot of improvement from your set from notorious bhangra.

im actually recording a video for that next weekend :D hehe i learned from Yankee pajji when i saw him in sin city last year :D

Armaan Kapoor

Deepi253 said:
Armaan Kapoor said:

im actually recording a video for that next weekend :D hehe i learned from Yankee pajji when i saw him in sin city last year :D

Yessss, hit me up with that video: ask98@cornell.edu or just upload it to BTF haha

Jackie

legacybhangrakrew said:
Yeah I thought it was pretty bad too, nav was blue Jodi on cal but I think he should be in the back for a bit for nsg. The guy showboats way too much at times. The patient girls killed it though! ;)

Vijay

im guessing ur prob just lip syncing, but during jhummer it looked like the guys up front were chewing wads of gum. not appealing.

Yea ill post up a detailed video on how to starch cause sta foo sucks !!!!! Also will record the pagh tieing n detailed turla making n stuffing ;)

HdBrar

Vijay said:
im guessing ur prob just lip syncing, but during jhummer it looked like the guys up front were chewing wads of gum. not appealing.

I noticed that too! Doesn't seem proper if they were chewing gum, but I bit it helps keep your mouth moist. A dry mouth and throat happens to some people on stage, which is perfectly normal.

HdBrar

Deepi253 said:
Yea ill post up a detailed video on how to starch cause sta foo sucks !!!!! Also will record the pagh tieing n detailed turla making n stuffing ;)

Yeah... about that. So when are you posting that exactly? (No rush. Haha)

NavSingh21

HdBrar said:
Vijay said:

I noticed that too! Doesn't seem proper if they were chewing gum, but I bit it helps keep your mouth moist. A dry mouth and throat happens to some people on stage, which is perfectly normal.

haha naw bro, that's just how I/we dance. No one is chewing "wads" of gum. We will try to make it more appealing for you at nachda =)

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
NavSingh21 said:
HdBrar said:
Vijay said:
haha naw bro, that's just how I/we dance. No one is chewing "wads" of gum. We will try to make it more appealing for you at nachda =)
I've noticed a lot of Canadian dancers chewing during performances when they have trouble smiling, I don't know when it became so common