• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Nachdi Jawani @ Bhangra Idols FULL***

HarmanSingh

The saap segment was....different. I think the routine was just too choppy, even choppier than usual for a Nachdi Jawani routine. I know I shouldn't expect a routine where the focus is grace (as most Nachdi Jawani sets are about energy/speed/thinking out of the box) but this routine just didn't seem to have any continuity.

Kush

TheBraveOne said:
too much running during the damn set not enough bhangra
i felt like there was way too much running as well. every segment had that high step running move. And it looks good its just overkill.

Regardless, this was still very sick. I didnt feel the same stop and go as elite/tdot, personally. Wasn't a big fan of any of the gimmicks, but the dancing was on point.

inyoface

not sure why people are saying "too much running"...there's a lot of great stuff in their performance...shikka set was very creative, energetic, and it was long, but they kept it very interesting. bringing back the babbar sher jhummer from their 2006 idols routine was sickkk...overall, all the teams that placed were just amazing, but nj and abc were my two fav's of the night!

sumeetj

shit is sick. not many teams can put up a single performance with soo many crazy ideas. though flow was a problem, every gimmick seemed to hit the first time i watched it, and first glance is what ends up mattering most. saap segment was ridiculous, and they did a ton of jumps and stuff in the routine. they were a bit messy but thats expected from a set like that (such as other crazy sets like elite 8 2010 or sgpds 2011 elite 8, etc), but the dancing was on point as well like kush said.

i woulda given this 1st fo sho. (having competed at idols last year, i know the rubric and how crazy it is, i still think this shoulda gotten first based on that as well. but there was a very smal point differential between 1st and 3rd, and idols goes strictly on numbers and judges dont discuss later, so i can see how this happened)

Jabar Jung

Someone post the judging rubric for Idols, I don't think they know what the competition wants from the teams.

And for the performance. No words. Like the E8 2010 performance, this is a memorable one.

smp

fyi ya boy on that babbar sher mix, nachdi jawani needs to hit me up im down for a whole mix. ;D

jasraj93

smp said:
babbar sher mix is mine, my tags out.

exactly the reason why dropping mixes is pointless. Ive had so many of my mixes used in these competitions but no one asks they don't even need to ask as long as my tags in its all gravy my nigg

Kohinoors my team, atleast they got the decency to ask.
LOLLL people allways use my mixes without asking.... its not that big of a deal i actually get happy that people like em n use em :)

LiLSandhu

jasraj93 said:
smp said:
babbar sher mix is mine, my tags out.

exactly the reason why dropping mixes is pointless. Ive had so many of my mixes used in these competitions but no one asks they don't even need to ask as long as my tags in its all gravy my nigg

Kohinoors my team, atleast they got the decency to ask.
LOLLL people allways use my mixes without asking.... its not that big of a deal i actually get happy that people like em n use em :)

+1

rsingh90

set was dope. loved the saap segment. thought you should have used more stuff from the T-DOT performance, or at least modified versions of that set. thought the T-DOT set had more energy, and definitely more creativity in formation