NBA lockout

Bballer

Wow the owners nd players r too greedy. I don't understand y the owners r tryin to completely change the system. It's fine cause all I believe the NBA needs to tweak is the MLE, guaranteed contracts and they need revenue sharing. The players I believe do deserve to be angry due to the fact that the owners want the revenue to be 50/50. The players make them money the owners don't they invest. It is a sad day for sports because now both the NFL and NBA are indefinetly postoned. Also apparently Billy hunter said that cavs owner Dan Gilbert has been planning to lock out since bron left. His plan to win the champioship first involved locking out regardless if his team was making profit. He doesn't care about the situation he just cares bout bron. Wat a sore loser. Anyways gonna be a tough time.

Love

Millionaires fighting with billionaires over money. While the average fan goes to work and back, only to see this happening. The players want an average increase in salary by $2 million, and the owners want a $45 million hard cap.
Considering NO team was at $45 million or less last season(kings barely missed that mark), the 45 mil hard cap seems close to impossible. Also since the league lost so much money last year, the players' proposal seems ridiculous as well. Greed all around. This lockout might last a while. I'm really hoping something works out, but both parties seem to be living in two different worlds right now.

So anyway, who will gain the most weight(in a bad way) before coming back to play whenever the season starts?

dj2nyce

Facebook.com/TheOfficial2NyCe
i havnt been following NFL as of late....anyone got updates on that lockout situation? its almost (would-be) preseason time and im gonna be pissed if i ONLY get to see college football this fall. im not worried about NBA until the time gets closer.

Kush

honestly i think its going to be easier for the NBA to get past the lockout than it is for the NFL. Just a matter of opinion. If we lose both this year is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Love

HarmanSingh said:
Unfortunately everything listed on those sheets is fair game. Its just to avoid corporate taxes and what not. But at the same time I'm not surprised that the league is losing money and I definitely believe it. When small market teams are forced by big market teams to throw $120 million contracts at players like Joe Johnson or $80 million at Rudy Gay, there's no surprise in seeing losses.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm
There are the top 30 highest paid NBA players from last season. About 12 of those are terrible contracts, and amount to $200 million

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
^^^^

Hoopshype for the win. You get a karma point for being on that site. I spend about an hour or more a day looking at that.

Gilbert Arenas and Rashard Lewis are two of the worst toxic contracts and they're ranked in the top 5 highest paid. I'm actually for a hard cap. It'll keep the superstar tandem spread through out the league.

gifty

2nyce said:
i havnt been following NFL as of late....anyone got updates on that lockout situation? its almost (would-be) preseason time and im gonna be pissed if i ONLY get to see college football this fall. im not worried about NBA until the time gets closer.
Well, sides are talking.. Apparently progress is being made. Goodell and D.Smith both attended the NFL Rookies Symphony. But who knows when they will reach a deal, so many mixed reports are coming out.

sartajjudge

I don't really pay attention to the NFL, but I do pay attention to the NBA, mostly during the playoffs. I can't really imagine there being a NBA or an NFL Lockout, there is too much profit (Ticket Sales etc.) to be made as a result of these popular sports. Anyone care to explain what the lockouts are about, probably has to do with $$$$$$$?

Love

sartajjudge said:
I don't really pay attention to the NFL, but I do pay attention to the NBA, mostly during the playoffs. I can't really imagine there being a NBA or an NFL Lockout, there is too much profit (Ticket Sales etc.) to be made as a result of these popular sports. Anyone care to explain what the lockouts are about, probably has to do with $$$$$$$?
A lockout happens when the owners and players association does not agree on terms in regards to signing or renewing a central bargaining agreement. This specific time, owners are pushing for a hard cap of $45 million, claiming that they lost $300 million last year, along with wanting shorter, contracts that are not guaranteed. The players on the other hand, want an INCREASE in the average salary and want to keep guaranteed contracts.

dheerja

The NFL will not have a lockout, this will end in time for the season. Training camp is supposed to start in 3 weeks, I think the latest this can go is cut a little into training camp. The owners recently offered 46% of revenues, which is within very close range to something that both sides can agree upon. At this point not having a season is out of the question, the two sides are close to a deal and have too much to lose by missing even a couple games of preseason.

Bballer

Rashard Lewis put up numbers before his contract but the most puzzling contracts I hav ever seen were brian cardinal's and Brian Scalabrine. I think a couple of years ago both were making over ten million with their former teams.