• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NBA Playoffs 2011

Kush

this series is going 7, bet that. who wins, its still in the air (my pred. was heat in 7 anyways).

Sartaj, LBJ is not trying to be like jordan in anyways. Its everyone else, aka US who are making the comparison. and it wont be lebron, it will be dwayne wade. its HIS TEAM, he is THE ALL STAR, and he is THE CLOSER for the miami heat.

Kush

^ is that just like... a neutral picture? Also dirk in the sky is scary as fuck lol.

Love

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/06/12/11/Mavericks-Did-you-know/landing_nbafinals2011.html?blockID=532114&feedID=4519

1.Before Game 6 against the Blazers, when the team was returning to the scene of one of their worst defeats ever, the team decided to hold a players only dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. They traded stories, just like any group of friends. What they discovered was profound. All of them had stories about getting close to winning the finals, and just falling short. Peja spoke about being cheated out of the 2002 playoffs, the Tim Donaghy series, Jason Kidd talked about the 2001 finals, Dirk and Jet talked about 2006 and how close they were, Shawn Marion talked about the 2007 series with the Spurs when Amare Stoudemire's suspension kept them from advancing to the finals. Every player had a story, and every player, to a man, made a commitment that night. That commitment has followed this team. Terry has mentioned it several times. They became more than a group of friends that night.

They became a team.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Varan Rakhra

bas iko varr boldi dunali te doji vari VARAN bolda
Can we say Lebron CHOKE :p or king CHOKE get the fuck outta here boiii!! Let's go mavs!

crimsonNcream

Its fourth quarter....time for Dirk to take over, Lechoke to fade away and D-Wade to fail putting the team on his back....

Varan Rakhra

bas iko varr boldi dunali te doji vari VARAN bolda
Lebron choke couldn't get it done!! Lollll heat gna have a fun summer ;) crown the mavs right now!! Cuban prolly pumped like no other!! Dirk n Kidd n Terry deserved this!!!

Kush

heart broken. but they earned it. dallas outplayed us. Hats off

J Hayer... you have no idea. I go to games and never sit down, and just get mad at everyone around me not standing up. it blows.

sartajjudge

Kush said:
this series is going 7, bet that. who wins, its still in the air (my pred. was heat in 7 anyways).

Sartaj, LBJ is not trying to be like jordan in anyways. Its everyone else, aka US who are making the comparison. and it wont be lebron, it will be dwayne wade. its HIS TEAM, he is THE ALL STAR, and he is THE CLOSER for the miami heat.

Lebron wasn't trying to be like Jordan.... he was trying to be better:

Miami Heat Welcome Party

Planning on 7 championships LOL

Kush

^its called EXCITEMENT man, relax. this has been analyzed all season. WE STILL MADE IT TO THE FINALS AS A FIRST FORMED TEAM... lol people are over the top. Heres the perfect explanation:

"The team that wanted it more, won.. period. Oh and by the way.. all of you hating on the Heat, don't forget to congratulate the Mavericks, not only did they win the championship tonight but they did what all of your teams couldn't... Beat the Heat, which by the looks of everyones statuses from day 1 of the playoffs is a greater accomplishment than the actual trophy."

sartajjudge

Kush said:
^its called EXCITEMENT man, relax. this has been analyzed all season. WE STILL MADE IT TO THE FINALS AS A FIRST FORMED TEAM... lol people are over the top. Heres the perfect explanation:

"The team that wanted it more, won.. period. Oh and by the way.. all of you hating on the Heat, don't forget to congratulate the Mavericks, not only did they win the championship tonight but they did what all of your teams couldn't... Beat the Heat, which by the looks of everyones statuses from day 1 of the playoffs is a greater accomplishment than the actual trophy."

Yea I know, he was just excited. I'm just saying in the back of his mind, I'm sure he had goals/plans to be the best ever.

Kush

sartajjudge said:
Kush said:

Yea I know, he was just excited. I'm just saying in the back of his mind, I'm sure he had goals/plans to be the best ever.
That's the ONLY way to be great.

HarmanSingh

Glad the Mavs won. They deserved it and proved a lot of people wrong from the 1st round on. Dirk can finally shed the soft label and people will re-evaluate his legacy. Kidd can go into the hall of fame as a champion and the older guys like Peja, Marion and Terry can finally call themselves champions after falling short all these years.

Regarding the Heat- they are soft. Lebron and Bosh just don't have what someone like KG and Paul Pierce have. And the Heat groupies who think they are bound to get 3 or 4 rings anyway need to put things in perspective. Players are forming their own big 3s elsewhere. The Knicks got their big 2...you can bet they will add 1 more. What if the Lakers add Dwight Howard? How will the Heat do against them? Suppose the Thunder keep developing and make a move or two to solidify their team...what then? What if the Bulls add a proven scorer next to Rose...will the Heat be able to get past them again? What if Chris Paul or Derron Williams hook up with another star somewhere else? Could the Heat still win? What if Wade/Lebron/Bosh get injured? Then what?

There are no guarantees in this league. The Heat choked away their chance at a title, and don't be so sure they will just get one again.

Kush

HarmanSingh said:
Glad the Mavs won. They deserved it and proved a lot of people wrong from the 1st round on. Dirk can finally shed the soft label and people will re-evaluate his legacy. Kidd can go into the hall of fame as a champion and the older guys like Peja, Marion and Terry can finally call themselves champions after falling short all these years.

Regarding the Heat- they are soft. Lebron and Bosh just don't have what someone like KG and Paul Pierce have. And the Heat groupies who think they are bound to get 3 or 4 rings anyway need to put things in perspective. Players are forming their own big 3s elsewhere. The Knicks got their big 2...you can bet they will add 1 more. What if the Lakers add Dwight Howard? How will the Heat do against them? Suppose the Thunder keep developing and make a move or two to solidify their team...what then? What if the Bulls add a proven scorer next to Rose...will the Heat be able to get past them again? What if Chris Paul or Derron Williams hook up with another star somewhere else? Could the Heat still win? What if Wade/Lebron/Bosh get injured? Then what?

There are no guarantees in this league. The Heat choked away their chance at a title, and don't be so sure they will just get one again.
Definitely not going to be easy. but i'm not complaining about our pieces. We need to figure out the optimal way to use our talent. I'm far from a heat groupie, and i'm quick to admit our faults... but we made a Finals run with a team completely revamped this summer. THAT IS IMPRESSIVE, doesnt matter WHO you are or how good or bad your pieces are.