New Comp Idea: Canada vs US

Desi Dhamaka

Desi Dhamaka, Bhangra Allstars, Fusion Faceoff...
I was just thinking and seeing the ideas of having a nationwide comp. Seeing that per other btfers is close to impossible..How about a tournament style Bhangra comp with 4 of the top/random teams from the US battle it out with 4 of the top/random teams from Canada??

So all together it will be 14 performances for the show in total...Is this doable and is it something that you guys would like to see..

faizan

Just shut up and dance
How would the teams be ranked and deemed the "top" teams? wins in other competitions maybe? Sort of a Best of the Best for Bhangra?

Desi Dhamaka

Well thats the tough part. Determining the team who are considered the top. i think I personally would go by the comps and choose the winner of the comp. But then what if you have say 8 different teams. Especially with the amount of comps that their are today. And then you also have to consider if the teams will be available for the comps. I think I would do this..Say their are 8 teams total who are #1 winner at each comp. I would offer them all a spot at the show. And whomever responds first would be guarunteed a spot on the show(4 slots). Any team that responds out of the 8 teams after 4 slots would be placed on a waiting list. So if any team drops we go to the waiting list. I think that would be the route I would take.

But do you guys have any suggestions on other ways??

faizan

Just shut up and dance
all depends on the judging...if you keep the judging fair, both sides have a fair shot...half american judges, half canadian. half modernish/half traditionalish.

Desi Dhamaka

Good point about the judges Faizan...What else...I really would like to do this show. But would it be interesting enough to do. I personally would love to see it. But is it something that teams would find interesting to compete in. Because the teams would need to have 3 different routines down to compete...if they make it thru to the end

HarmanSingh

Don't be so sure Canada would stomp America. Gabroo Shokeen can compete with the live teams from Canada and Heeray/VCU can compete with any CD team.

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
harman, 2 american teams can't hold us up against like 45 canadian teams lol

faizan

Just shut up and dance
the 4 best US teams could definitely compete against the 4 best Canadian.

HarmanSingh

Mariam said:
harman, 2 american teams can't hold us up against like 45 canadian teams lol
Its true Canada is deeper, but like Faizan said the top 4 US teams can easily compete with the top 4 Canadian teams. I think VCU is a better team than SGPD..and would beat them out in a competition head to head. And I think Heeray is better than Nachdi Jawani.

Gabroo

faizan said:
the 4 best US teams could definitely compete against the 4 best Canadian.
Definitely agree with this. Canada has a lot of depth as far as great teams go, but the elite of the US (Gabroo Shokeen, Heeray, VCU, PPA, Joshiley) could definitely hold their own.

Gabroo

Ankush said:
Desi Dhamaka said:
So who would you consider to be the 4 best US and Canadian Teams??
Lol this is gnna be interesting......
Haha yeah it will be interesting, well I'll take a stab at it.

US Top 4 = Gabroo Shokeen, Heeray Punjab Deh, VCU, PPA

Canada Top 4 = Rooh Punjab Dee, Nachde Shokeen, Shan-E-Punjab, NJ/SGPD

jvirk

the top 4 canadian teams would shit all over any american teams...besides gabroo shokeen...no other american team can compete w/ any of the top canadian teams!

Gurpreet P.

Canada

Music Live
SGPD Rooh Punjab De
Nachdi Jawani Shan-e Punjab Seniors

USA

Music Live
VCU Heeray
APD Gabroo Shokeen

My opinion and if we had to pick 4 on 4 ;D

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Same as above, but I don't know who I would put in the second music slot after VCU...APD/MAD if they made a come back/AEG if we cleaned up/Sher if they got a little more traditional/is Bhangra Knightz from the US?

Desi Dhamaka

So really in this comp there would need to be 2 winner..1 for live and 1 for music. It is pretty hard to really have them compete against each other...huh?