• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NFL Draft 1st round thoughts

jvirk

What do you guys think of the first round?

Surprises/disappointments,etc...what do you think will happen in round 2 b/c in my opinion there are numerousss first round talents still available..

Jimmy Clausen - not even drafted...yet...who do you guys think will get him in round 2? I'm a bills fan (obviously) and I'd like to see them make the pick...what do you guys think?

jsekhon7

I wassssss reeeeeeally happy tebow made 1st round!! but I think that resulted in Clausen having to wait till 2nd round. I have a feeling he'll be picked up asap.

sulmoney

smd, bitch
clausen not getting drafted in the 1st round, with tebow going to denver are the biggest stories to take away from day 1 of the draft. the bills wanted tebow hardxxxcore (though i dont know why), but i think they are going to have to make a hard push to clausen now, because i dont see him lasting the first few picks of round 2. the rams' phones will be ringing off the hook with teams trying to move up to get clausen. big winners so far look like the lions, seahawks, eagles, jets, cowboys, and i gotta like the picks and statement made by my niners to shore up what was our biggest problem last year, the oline. guys to look out for in round 2 are of course clausen, with mccoy, sergio kindle, taylor mays, terrence cody still out there for the taking.

SunnyR

redskins getting trent williams at #4...finally got some o-line help, and he will protect mcnabb just fine.

49ers getting davis and iupati will vastly improve their o-line...hopefully alex smith can take advantage of this and have his breakout year.

BOLD MOVE by the cowgirls and jerry jones to trade up in order to get dez bryant...i think he easily had top-10 talent, but his problems off the field caused him to slip. sucks for him, though, that he's gonna be a cowgirl =P

broncos picking tim tebow: worst move ever. what were they thinking with that move? tim tebow could have been drafted in the 5th round!!!! for a team that doesn't even have an above-average quarterback, this move made no sense.

nine16jatt

lets see draft day.. my team Raiders which everyone hates on didnt pull something stupid... lol... but the Broncos move was so dumb.. seems like something Oakland would do ahahah

COMTONDAJATT

mint gumri
my niners drafted two awesome o liners! i wanted davis bad and i am glad we snagged him

cant wait to see brady quinn, tebow and others duke it out for that denver job.

karanmand

skins got a good player...now we can actually have a legit o-Line...and for all the tebow haters....he's gonna be a beast in the NFL

SunnyR

also, the jets taking cornerback kyle wilson with their first-round pick!?!?! some experts had him rated as the top cornerback in this draft (even over joe haden), and he's going to be a SICK addition to the jets' defense. who's going to want to throw the ball against revis, cromartie, and wilson? that trio is NASTY.

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
SunnyR said:
also, the jets taking cornerback kyle wilson with their first-round pick!?!?! some experts had him rated as the top cornerback in this draft (even over joe haden), and he's going to be a SICK addition to the jets' defense. who's going to want to throw the ball against revis, cromartie, and wilson? that trio is NASTY.
The Jets are stackin up, gonna be a great season for them.

Niners pickin up some linemen, definitely a good thing for them.

All i can say iZ...DEZ BRYANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nine16jatt

i think jets are going to be to stacked this year on d.... too good.. and they got holmes after 4 games makin all the good moves

choochoo33

jets are stacked.....with sooo much depth at corner rex ryan is gonna pull shit out of his skinny ass now when it comes to blitz packages!!

and how the f did dez bryant drop to the cowboys?!?!

gifty

Clausen will most likely go to Minny....If not for Minny it will be either the Browns or Bills.
This years qb class does not compare to next years, and could be a reason teams passed up on him. The browns will select again in the Top 10, as well as the Seahawks most likely. With Andrew Luck, Jake Locker and Ryan Mallet coming out next year, its understandable that teams passing up on clausen in the top 10....I'm still baffled at the CJ Spiller at 9 though....could this mean the end of the Lynch era? Why would you invest all that money in your backfield when Fred Jackson last year proved he is a capable back in this league.....

I don't want to sound biased since I'm a Seahawks fan, but having landed Russel Okung (Who comes from the ZBS and was the #1 LT available) is great value at the #6 spot. I can't believe Earl Thomas actually dropped......Wow!!! Seattle easily had one of the best drafts.

49ers...Great draft as well...solidified the line with Davis and Iupati both whom are great picks. With a good front defensive seven, and now a solid line, the niners just made themselves favorites to win the division this season. Alex Smith is your only set back, but i'll call it now. With less pressure to pass and a dominant run game and dominant defense (Jets???) Alex Smith will have a good enough season to get into the playoffs.

Cardinals....I hate how they landed Dan Williams as a Seahawks fan, but as a Cardinal fan I'm loving this pick. Easily the top NT in the draft.

The NFC West easily had the best draft. All 4 teams addressed needs with the top talent in the draft.

Another pick i love is Dez Bryant to Dallas. Tony Romo has a damn arsenal of weapons. Miles Austin, Roy Williams, Dez Bryant, Patrick Crayton, Felix Jones.......damn.....

The Chargers selecting Ryan Matthews at 12 might be considered a reach, but will not be if he pans out. Its a questionable move, but AJ Smith isn't a Al Davis, he actually knows what he's doing.

jvirk

gifty i agree with you alot - i still think though ryan matthews could of been had at about 18-22 picks...but i think with spiller gone they had to make a move to ensure the selection.

also, yeah i dont understand wuts gona happen in buffalo now? i think lynch is gona be traded for something reallyy cheap or if that doesnt work out then they'll just straight up cut him - im sick of his shit anyways and ive always had so many high hopes for him but he just keeps screwing up...no point in having him.

if the bills dont get clausen - i will be severely pissed...

[Sher] Imran

Interesting draft, im surprised Clausen and Colt are still on the board, along with every freaking player from USC (that never happens). I was hoping the JETS would draft Taylor Mays as a safety- that defense would officially be scary enough to cause a stillbirth

AnnayPaul

Worst pick of Round 1: Sam Bradford ... if he starts (which he will) ... who is going to protect him ? He will get HIT and re-injure that shoulder.

Best Round 1: Denver Broncos - Timmy Tebow when given the chance will become a dominant QB in the league.

2nd Best Round 1: 49ers, putting some meat on the line .. that gives us 3 1st round linemen protecting smith/carr and can u smell Gore.. 1k rusher in 2011 .. yup

Dez Bryant is def not a BIG RISK... Cowgirls .. great pick... but Tony "I'm a HOMO" Romo .. cannot and will not .. get it done... :)

Saints should have signed Taylor Mays... especially after losing Darren Sharper ...

The raiders finally had a good pick, but I believe they will fuck everything up ...with the 39th pick ... i bet they will take a full back haah HAHAH haha

ranjit singh

the LIONS had a great draft.
suh - arguably the best overall and defensive player in this years draft. with the addition of corey williams and kyle vanden bosch, the lions have the pieces to make a formidable d-line.
jahvid best - the fastest rb in this years draft with many similarities to chris johnson. can catch the ball. elite speed. will open things up for matthew stafford and calvin johnson. high risk, high reward

[Sher] Imran

Hahah Annay before you start hating on my 'boys, lets not forget who your QBs are. I thought the 9ers should've taken Clausen or hell even Tebow and bring some of that option style offense to SF. I could imagine Tebow bootlegging out with Gore trailing and VD dragging over the top while Crabtree streaks down the sideline. I think whoever picks up Everson Griffen is getting a steal, he's a beast on that front line for the D

dheerja

Agreed on the Lions, Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris were a pretty weak RB tandem last year, Best could have a solid year. The dline wasn't too awful last year, and with Suh it'll only get better.

I'm a little worried that we (Jets) let last year's AFC championship game get to us too much, Peyton picked us apart. But obviously Wilson is too good to let go that late in the draft, and now we have a severely dangerous trio with Revis/Cromartie/Wilson.

I have a feeling the Vikings are going to take Clausen, and Mays will go to the Niners. Tebow going before Clausen and McCoy is ridiculous, Tebow needs way more time than the Broncos have.