• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NFL Playoff Predictions

dheerja

NFL Playoffs start this weekend after a ridiculous season. 2 years ago there was a playoff prediction game here on BTF, no money or anything, just for fun. Thought I'd fire it up again and we can see who comes out on top!

RULES
1) Predictions lock at kickoff for the first game in each round. Lock times:
Wild Card Weekend - Sat 1/8 4:30pm ET
Div Playoffs - Sat 1/15 4:30pm ET
Conf Championships - Sun 1/23 3pm ET
SuperBowl - Sun 2/6 6:30pm ET

2) Scoring
Wild Card Weekend - each correct pick is worth 1 point
Div Playoffs - each correct pick is worth 2 points
Conf Championships - each correct pick is worth 3 points
SuperBowl - correct pick is worth 4 points

3) Additional Scoring
[font=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Once we hit the conference championships we'll add a few more pick options (game score, rushing/receiving leaders, etc.) Send me any ideas you have, just don't want to make it too complicated or people won't end up doing this.[/font]

[font=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Post your predictions each week before lock time, and get ready for some fooooooooootball! Playoffs baby![/font]

Navkarn

*Wild Card Weekend Predictions*

Sa
ints vs. Seahawks
Winner: Saints

Jets
vs. Colts
Winner: Colts

Ravens vs. Chiefs
Winner: Ravens

Packers vs. Eagles
Winner: Packers

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
8) Wild Card Weekend Predictions 8)

:) Saints vs. Seahawks ???
Winner - Saints ;D

:-X Jets vs. Colts :)
Winner - Jets ::)

??? Ravens vs. Chiefs ???
Winner - Ravens :-\

;D Packers vs. Eagles ;D
Winner - Eagles :p

Nikhil

Saints over the Seahawks
Jets over the Colts
Ravens over the Chiefs
Eagles over the Packers

SunnyR

Saints over the Seahawks
Colts over the Jets
Ravens over the Chiefs
Eagles over the Packers

Temurzai

Saints

Eagles

Jets

Ravens

(btw im predicting the super bowl will be between the RAVENS/PATRIOTS vs FALCONS/EAGLES)

dheerja

Colts over Jets - Peyton in the playoffs is another level, and the Colts run D has significantly improved. I think resting in Wk 17 will end up screwing the Jets, especially Sanchez. They need to be on top of their game, and the last time they took off during their bye week they got demolished when they returned.
*Interesting matchup - Colts passing game vs. Jets secondary (Revis/Cromartie/Coleman)

Saints over Hawks - Don't really think this needs an explanation, this is a JV vs. Varsity game.
*Interesting matchup - Saints running game without Chris Ivory vs. Hawks run D that isn't THAT bad

Ravens over Chiefs - The Chiefs' success at home is really misleading, here are the teams they beat: Chargers, Browns, Niners, Jags, Bills, Cards, Hawks, Broncos, Rams, and Titans. Exactly ONE of those teams has a winning record. Baltimore is going to demolish them.
*Interesting matchup - #1 running game vs. #4 run D. Jamaal Charles vs. the formidable Ravens D line.

Packers over Eagles - This is going to be an awesome game. The Eagles have been highly inconsistent, and the Packers have looked pretty stellar recently. Vick is going to be under a lot of pressure, and Clay Matthews will go off. Rodgers has a great oline in front of him, giving him plenty of time to throw against an inconsistent secondary.
*Interesting matchup - Eagles passing game vs. Charles Woodson and the Packers secondary

Nikhil

dheerja said:
Colts over Jets - Peyton in the playoffs is another level, and the Colts run D has significantly improved. I think resting in Wk 17 will end up screwing the Jets, especially Sanchez. They need to be on top of their game, and the last time they took off during their bye week they got demolished when they returned.
*Interesting matchup - Colts passing game vs. Jets secondary (Revis/Cromartie/Coleman)

Saints over Hawks - Don't really think this needs an explanation, this is a JV vs. Varsity game.
*Interesting matchup - Saints running game without Chris Ivory vs. Hawks run D that isn't THAT bad

Ravens over Chiefs - The Chiefs' success at home is really misleading, here are the teams they beat: Chargers, Browns, Niners, Jags, Bills, Cards, Hawks, Broncos, Rams, and Titans. Exactly ONE of those teams has a winning record. Baltimore is going to demolish them.
*Interesting matchup - #1 running game vs. #4 run D. Jamaal Charles vs. the formidable Ravens D line.

Packers over Eagles - This is going to be an awesome game. The Eagles have been highly inconsistent, and the Packers have looked pretty stellar recently. Vick is going to be under a lot of pressure, and Clay Matthews will go off. Rodgers has a great oline in front of him, giving him plenty of time to throw against an inconsistent secondary.
*Interesting matchup - Eagles passing game vs. Charles Woodson and the Packers secondary
I think the Philly Green Bay game is going to be amazing, but for the fact that Michael Vick will be unreal. His demeanor in my mind is very comparable to the intensity that Dwayne Wade has always shown. Vick's literal vision is that he's looking downfield, either in the passing capacity or for a quick rush that can quickly lengthen because he is a freak of an athlete. Watching old Tech highlights and seeing what he did here with is legs tells you something: that innate ability to scramble is unlike any other mobile quarterback to play the game. Green Bay is DAMN good, but they will not beat Philly at home, in the cold, hard, brutally loud Linc.

gifty

Nikhil said:
dheerja said:

I think the Philly Green Bay game is going to be amazing, but for the fact that Michael Vick will be unreal. His demeanor in my mind is very comparable to the intensity that Dwayne Wade has always shown. Vick's literal vision is that he's looking downfield, either in the passing capacity or for a quick rush that can quickly lengthen because he is a freak of an athlete. Watching old Tech highlights and seeing what he did here with is legs tells you something: that innate ability to scramble is unlike any other mobile quarterback to play the game. Green Bay is DAMN good, but they will not beat Philly at home, in the cold, hard, brutally loud Linc.
^the TRUTH!

Everyone is loving GB to beat Philly, just like they thought the Jets would win the Division...... Or like how the Rams would beat Seahawks last week....

Eagles vs GB.... Eagles win... At home, with Vick, Jackson, and Maclin.... Just remember, the Eagles made it a game with Vick when he entered after Kolb went down during the 1st meeting.....

Chiefs vs Balt......Chiefs.... Baltimore D is over rated.....

Indy vs Jets... Indy...... Manning will be to much... The Jets D doesn't appear as elite as last year, and i can see manning picking apart Cromartie....

Saints vs Hawks.... Hawks.. no reason, but can't root against my team :p

nb0913

I think the Packers - Eagles game is going to come down to how well the O-line of the Eagles protects Vick. In that embarrassing loss to the Vikings a few weeks ago, Vick had no time to throw the ball and was constantly hit and pressured by the defense. Credit goes to the defense, but a lot of it was just the offensive linemen not doing a good enough job. If Green Bay can get that same kind of pressure on Vick, it could be a long game for the Eagles.

Shubh

Saints over Seahawks
Colts over Jets
Ravens over Chiefs
Eagles over Packers

Kush

Nikhil said:
dheerja said:

sigh, nikhil. Vick boost and Wade reference in one post? how have we not been friends since birth...