NSG @ Bruin Bhangra 2017 (2nd place)

Bimpie Bajwa

What's up BTF

Here's our video from Bruin Bhangra 2017, please feel free to leave any feedback, comment, concerns, etc.

It was a collective effort from everyone on stage, dholi, mixers, all the folks behind the scenes for putting this set together. Shout out to all the folks who came out to support all the way in SoCal.

Huge shout out to Bruin Bhangra committee for another successful comp and everyone on the committee for helping us (and other teams) out throughout the weekend.

Shout out to Puneet Pabla for a fire mix as well as Vaibhav, Yankee for paggan and G Dholi .

GTV - thank you for another masterpiece and editing the video with the gimmicks.

Shaadi.com Gimmick video ;)

srikarran

BTF Mixing Mod
Entertaining, hard hitting, creative. Everything was on point in this set and just hated for it to end. Great job guys!

Shout out to PablaMix and Vaibzzy on this mix. It complimented the set so much.

lalfuture

Damn you guys improved a lot, lol. Must have been hard to judge this comp.

I can see why you guys got 2nd with little formation mistakes, but other teams had same issues, including KPGD, so I thought you guys should have at least tied for 1st, if possible. But I loved this performance, haha, mix was really good.

Puneet 04

Hey! I'm having some issues with Soundcloud due to copyright reasons! I will figure out a way to post the nsg mix! Stay Tuned :)

Howie Magz

The mix was fire and the performance was great as well. Shaadi.com gimmick was too good. Always loved that y'all consistently dance as a unit and not one person tries to outshine another. Super humble group of guys in the circuit and always produces at every comp they go to. Im very happy to see y'all have gotten that placing at Bruin.

BhangraSUCKS

you guys are okay, but as Aman Cheema said, the whole thing was a trash fire, so good job, at least there was some fire.

Edit: Sorry this comment was for kpgd I was mistaken. Nsg, you guys were great, should have placed 1st

Last edited:

JATTinder

Congrats on 2nd place. Just like with KPGD, I am positive that this routine would not have placed last year or year before at bruin (in fact you would've been beaten by your own set last year). Less memorable of a performance than KPGD, less crowd interaction, and less "wow" factors. One thing you guys had over any other team at this comp is dancing ability. You guys had the best form and are the most consistent and clean on stage. Song selection was also somewhat bothersome for me. It felt like I was just watching a team dance to the Bruin Mixtape... For me, nothing unique was brought to the table here, and all I saw was the same old NSG cookie cutter with different songs and slightly adjusted concepts.

Intro: Cool idea, a good mysterious start to this set

Saap: Extremely basic start. Chaos on stage, chaos in the mix. All I heard was a ton of hi hats, snares, and dhad on top of a drowned out haik, all I saw were half the dancers jumping while the other half spin for 12 counts and use the last 4 to get into formation. You guys have started every set this way so nothing unpredictable or unique there. Saap overall was very clean. Stubborn again was nothing I couldn't have predicted, but was hit clean nonetheless and hit with good form.

Khundeh: The rewind hit on stage I thought it was smart, however it doesn't show as well on gtv. Second half of khundeh looks like you watched SPD and tried to recreate their concept. So no originality for me there.

Jhoomar: A good amount of uniqueness here. I enjoyed the transition out of it and back into the Ed sheeran song. Shorter green is a monster.

Filler 1: Back to basicness. Felt like something out of your Boston set. Good Bhangra once again but not something memorable.

Filler 2/Phumaniyan: Enjoyed this, I always enjoy your guys' throwback segments. It fit your more traditional style very well; no complaints here. Climax of jhoomer (5:15) was appealing to the crowd but you used the same concept twice (5:53) not sure if you got called out by the judges for that.

Jugni: Buildup was basic, drop was sick. Pause at 6:43, inconsistency throughout

Dhamaal: Aqua jodi literally walked up to the front, this was supposed to be dhamaal right?

Ending: Ranjit Bawa gimmick was a stretch. The hologram-based gimmick should've been finished after last year's set. Felt to me like you guys were trying way too hard to get something to hit. Stayed in the same formation, rotated it, and then back to the same with very basic choreo. No uniqueness for me.

All in all, change things up, be more unique, and take more risks. With that combined with your dancing abilities you will be able to hold your ground against most of the top teams you compete against.

InstigationJatt

Congrats on 2nd place. Just like with KPGD, I am positive that this routine would not have placed last year or year before at bruin (in fact you would've been beaten by your own set last year). Less memorable of a performance than KPGD, less crowd interaction, and less "wow" factors. One thing you guys had over any other team at this comp is dancing ability. You guys had the best form and are the most consistent and clean on stage. Song selection was also somewhat bothersome for me. It felt like I was just watching a team dance to the Bruin Mixtape... For me, nothing unique was brought to the table here, and all I saw was the same old NSG cookie cutter with different songs and slightly adjusted concepts.

Saap: Extremely basic start. Chaos on stage, chaos in the mix. All I heard was a ton of hi hats, snares, and dhad on top of a drowned out haik, all I saw were half the dancers jumping while the other half spin for 12 counts and use the last 4 to get into formation. You guys have started every set this way so nothing unpredictable or unique there. Saap overall was very clean. Stubborn again was nothing I couldn't have predicted, but was hit clean nonetheless and hit with good form.

Khundeh: The rewind hit on stage I thought it was smart, however it doesn't show as well on gtv. Second half of khundeh looks like you watched SPD and tried to recreate their concept. So no originality for me there.

Jhoomar: A good amount of uniqueness here. I enjoyed the transition out of it and back into the Ed sheeran song. Shorter green is a monster.

Filler 1: Back to basicness. Felt like something out of your Boston set. Good Bhangra once again but not something memorable.

Filler 2/Phumaniyan: Enjoyed this, I always enjoy your guys' throwback segments. It fit your more traditional style very well; no complaints here. Climax of jhoomer (5:15) was appealing to the crowd but you used the same concept twice (5:53) not sure if you got called out by the judges for that.

Jugni: Buildup was basic, drop was sick. Pause at 6:43, inconsistency throughout

Dhamaal: Aqua jodi literally walked up to the front, this was supposed to be dhamaal right?

Ending: Ranjit Bawa gimmick was a stretch. The hologram-based gimmick should've been finished after last year's set. Felt to me like you guys were trying way too hard to get something to hit. Stayed in the same formation, rotated it, and then back to the same with very basic choreo. No uniqueness for me.

All in all, change things up, be more unique, and take more risks. With that combined with your dancing abilities you will be able to hold your ground against most of the top teams you compete against.

lol Don't let the haters get to you all. You all have the potential to be the best all guys team in NA. Hope you all apply to Bhangra in the Burgh this year and show these east coast teams whoose the best in the continent. Your dancing talent is on a next level and sets are sick.

Saab

Today is a gift

Props to posting a dissenting opinion on this thread. I neither fully agree/disagree with this post, but I appreciate that you aren't sugar coating it.

NSG - best bruin set yall brought since the Revenge of the Lighting Cues - 2015. Easily best dancing, and shaadi.com gimmick is nuts. Small things, again, killed, and for me it was sloppiness at points in the set. Biggest thing for me is the dude meandering in saaps for 30 beats till he gets to spot. Those kinds of mistakes don't happen to 1st place teams, and its what sets OMG sets from great sets. Bruin is way more forgiving, and KPGD was just as sloppy, but in a game of inches its super hard to overcome things like that happening(and there were a few spots where things are sloppy).

Congrats though - Shaadi.com was just on point.

desi99

Aruan S.
Overall Choreo and dancers are excellent
maybe better execution on the rushed/faster moves would've made the difference, (ex. Khunde)
and more sync with where each dancer is looking through out (ex. jhoomer, 4:24)
Congrats on second.

Last edited:

XxInfamousJatt69xX

awesome set, reminded me too much of BK 2013 though. Orange jodi in front for jhoomer in essentially the same formation/ red jodi's solo with the screen was just like the grenade from BK. Both sets also had a part for a third jodi to get highlighted doing some fruity/girly stuff too. Not sure if there was some overlap with bay area dancers or what but that was what i immediately thought of after watching.