NYPD BHANGRA @ BHANGRA FUSION XI 720p HD

Sunny B

ਪੁਰਜਾ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਕਟ ਮਰੈ ਕਬਹੂ ਨ ਛਾਡੈ ਖੇਤੁ...
GOOD JOB GUYS....

Amlii

good job guys. sick set but dont like the phumaniyan sorry. phumaniyan tan bhot grace naal pon vala step va. that shyt looks ridiculous in the video. everything else is just hot.

Saleem

Staff member
Amlii said:
good job guys. sick set but dont like the phumaniyan sorry. phumaniyan tan bhot grace naal pon vala step va. that shyt looks ridiculous in the video. everything else is just hot.
im gonna agree with this. i saw the move and rewatched it a couple times. i think each team is looking for a 'more creative footwork' than the next team but i felt that move looked silly and uncontrolled. Other creative footwork and moves still look controlled, this didnt really match phumaniyan IMHO. Other than that, solid set. One of things I would change is the jumps at the end -- I would stagger the formation a bit so ground-level audiencemembers can appreciate the two different groups, and the music for it was almost too fast to reach the ground back in time, and it got a bit hectic, obv with 1 guy falling.

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Amlii said:
I disagree. At times def you want 20 step (phuamniyan) to be graceful but they did it on a gangster song so I think it was good to do it in a crazy way. The steps aren't that creative... it's the same first step they did at Nation, and the ssecond step is sgpd's kato side-back kick.. But because ALL the guys went crazy buck on it--they got the wow factor

Amlii

Mariam said:
Amlii said:
I disagree. At times def you want 20 step (phuamniyan) to be graceful but they did it on a gangster song so I think it was good to do it in a crazy way. The steps aren't that creative... it's the same first step they did at Nation, and the ssecond step is sgpd's kato side-back kick.. But because ALL the guys went crazy buck on it--they got the wow factor
lol ok ji

RS.JATT

Nice job, didn't like some of the song selections but overall the formations and moves were good. Congrats on 1st.

Jabar Jung

Amlii said:
Apne more de fung waliya phummniya naalo tan theek aa lmao

AnkurK

Amlii said:
Mariam said:
Amlii said:
lol ok ji
HAHAHAHAHAH +1
best reply by amli

Manjot

AnkurK said:
Amlii said:
Mariam said:
Amlii said:
lol ok ji
HAHAHAHAHAH +1
best reply by amli
LOLL

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Definitely a great performance. You guys had some good creativity in there and like I told y'all at Nation, I love that phumania (though I think Rutgers did that first, I'm told). One thing that did bother me was the formations. At times you would have some good formation mechanisms while at other times, I would be like "Wait, why did you just do that formation change? It wasn't impressive or cool. It added no value to your routine." I applaud you for trying something new and creative with the formations, but certain formations flopped with me. Also, watch the X formation - I think it comes up a bit.

I liked the mix. More so because the songs were different from most of the songs we've been hearing in recent mixes. It gets tiring after hearing the same songs over and over again. Props, NYPD.

NYPD is definitely a team to look out for in the future.

Jiven

Good job boys! and just to add... NYPD ISN'T a team to look out for in the future...

NYPD IS the future! These guys work real hard, have good chem. together, and have their own style. Although fast pace bhangra may seem like a Toronto thing, teams from toronto can tell the difference from each other and NYPD is def. bringing something new to the table!