• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

PANJ girls @ TBYF

Somi

Hookah is NOT harmful!
these girls are sooo good. loved the routine and well deserved best dressed.

Ramani

woahh that was just wow nicee jobb girlss love the new fits!! Congrats on 2nd and Congrats to miss sonia ;) i loved the diva part :D

WOW this was an amazing performance!!! loved it ..congrats on ur placing,best dressed n best dancer.by the way who was the best dancer??

Sunny B

ਪੁਰਜਾ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਕਟ ਮਰੈ ਕਬਹੂ ਨ ਛਾਡੈ ਖੇਤੁ...
that was one of the best performance i have seen from a all girl team...keep up the good work ;)

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
So foooolk!

Looowe the outfits, they are beautiful! Especially that green turquose-ish color is so pretty.

Awesome.

ban3rg

Yayyyy PANJ Girls – that was a pleasure to watch - keep it up. I think it was an impressive performance. And now that you are wearing this, I can only imagine how good you will look with the guys, all matching and shit…sexiest dressed team this side of the mississip!

The backdrop with stars is awesome.

Saaps – awesome! But seemed kinda short for some reason
Daangs – great song, nice formations here, and energy. I think this song would be more hype if you put jumps into it though
Until 2:50 – this part is good, unique
Note – interesting treatment of this song. I dunno if it suits girls as much as it does coed or guys. I think like a more lighthearted song would have fit here, its getting’ surriousss
Jhummar – no commentshere, killin’ it but watch synchro a lil bit. Mixing is great too. Esp. red girl if it is gurveen – totally killing it
Dhamaal – lehriyan move seemd kind of awkward. Just watch the upper (raised) hand. If it is too cocked (dont laugh, I shoulda just said bent) the move loses its style. Even some Indian teams havent been able to pull it off all across the board, its usually 2 or 3 dancers looking good doing it and the rest forced or awk.
Jugni – Didn’t really let the effect sink in cuz of moving around. a lot of the dancers were sideways so the pose doesnt hit ya like it should.
5:30 – around here the mix seems kind of empty, kinda silent cuz dhol was subdued great choreo though!
Jattan (6:00) – very cool that you included this, and it goes with the song. Jumps are perect at 6:20
Mela – balloons! A trademark, haha. Pretty solid mela, oh balle

And yeah daang song is ILLLL

Kaur

Thanks everyone... Arjun thanks for the feedback comments like yours help teams improve.

Man I wish I wasnt in india and got to see my girls live.... :(

Waleed

Solid performance. Def way better than most girl teams out there and I can def see these gals go battle it out with the big dogs. Glad to see they stayed away from the jawani/ubc style. Style/execution is good but strong jodis stand out too much at times (which can take away from a team). Also, 10 is a unique number - try to be more innovative with formations (more movement).

Keep it up

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Arjun said:
…sexiest dressed team this side of the mississip!
Assuming you're at Cornell or somewhere around the east coast, arjun, then they are actually on the other side of the Mississippi ;)

Shahrukh

Mariam said:
Arjun said:
Assuming you're at Cornell or somewhere around the east coast, arjun, then they are actually on the other side of the Mississippi ;)
too bad hes from cali

ban3rg

Shahrukh said:
Mariam said:
Arjun said:
too bad hes from cali
hahaha good point! yeah im in cali now, otherwise that comment would be like whaaa?

also well said Waleed!