Peyton Manning

who do you think Manning will play for...

• Jets

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Redskins

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Denver

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
AnkurK said:
karanmand said:
RG3 to DC....feel bad for all the gayints,cowgirls and the bitcheagles fans
We just won the superbowl... we'll be fine, I promise.
And it doesnt matter what the skins do, they end up sucking ass no matter what. Not that my cowboys have done any better the last couple of years. But we get a full offseason with Rob Ryan, so im excited for the upcoming season. Osi and one of the Giants o-line guys even said, the toughest team this year will be the cowboys. Saddle up haters.

Navkarn

ENVY BANG-RUH said:
AnkurK said:
karanmand said:
RG3 to DC....feel bad for all the gayints,cowgirls and the bitcheagles fans
We just won the superbowl... we'll be fine, I promise.
Saddle up haters.
how many seasons in a row have we been hearing this? =P

sorry but with romo at the helm you guys go nowhere.

Sonuu

Lol I just read this and laughed because 100% of this thread is likely wrong about where Peyton is going. I say likely because out of every team mentined, Denver is the only one left, and is probably the least favored by Peyton atm.

Navkarn

bhangrathug said:
Who needs Manning when you got Matt Flynn... good pick up for the hawks!
okay seriously besides having one decent game, what else has this guy done to earn such a big hype? im curious, i honestly don't know ... educate me

footballforlife

Don't let the name fool you.
Navkarn said:
bhangrathug said:
okay seriously besides having one decent game, what else has this guy done to earn such a big hype? im curious, i honestly don't know ... educate me
See: Charlie Whitehurst or Kevin Kolb.

mcgulz

I guess Randy Moss isnt winning a ring this year..*sigh*
SO bye-bye to Tebow-mania in the Mile High City???

bhangrathug

Navkarn said:
bhangrathug said:
Sometimes one game is enough to show what your capable of... I feel bad for Tebow and his fans! Manning man handled emmmm

gifty

Navkarn said:
bhangrathug said:

One decent game against the Patriots, one great game against the Lions. Before you tell me that its only 2 games... That's 2 games that "passion of the Hurst" has never had, nor ever will.

Scouting reports coming from everywhere have only shown signs that he's improved much. He's accurate on throws, has great pre/post snap reads, excellent footwork... Can navigate the whole field. He has great command of the Huddle and appears to be a natural leader whom players really seem to rally around (see what his ex-teammates had to say about him). Flynn also understands defense's better than Kevin Kolb/Cassel and especially better than CBJ. Don't sell this guy short, from what i'm gathering he appears to me more like Hasselback than Kolb. Pistol Pete was blown away by his understanding of the game, hence the contract was offered. Also, we barely gave up anything for someone who could potentially become a franchise QB for some time, while we groom better ones through the draft. I've said it before, and i'll say it again.. PC is not in the NFL just to get by, he's going to make his name known among the best and the future looks very fucking bright for the Seahawks.

About Manning.. Meh.. i hope he does good with the Broncos but i would love to the see the Bolts win that division next year... Phillip Rivers is a boss!

footballforlife

gifty said:
Navkarn said:
bhangrathug said:

One decent game against the Patriots, one great game against the Lions. Before you tell me that its only 2 games... That's 2 games that "passion of the Hurst" has never had, nor ever will.

Scouting reports coming from everywhere have only shown signs that he's improved much. He's accurate on throws, has great pre/post snap reads, excellent footwork... Can navigate the whole field. He has great command of the Huddle and appears to be a natural leader whom players really seem to rally around (see what his ex-teammates had to say about him). Flynn also understands defense's better than Kevin Kolb/Cassel and especially better than CBJ. Don't sell this guy short, from what i'm gathering he appears to me more like Hasselback than Kolb. Pistol Pete was blown away by his understanding of the game, hence the contract was offered. Also, we barely gave up anything for someone who could potentially become a franchise QB for some time, while we groom better ones through the draft. I've said it before, and i'll say it again.. PC is not in the NFL just to get by, he's going to make his name known among the best and the future looks very fucking bright for the Seahawks.

About Manning.. Meh.. i hope he does good with the Broncos but i would love to the see the Bolts win that division next year... Phillip Rivers is a boss!
Yes but as you just said, its only two games. Its very difficult to determine how he will truly fare. The thing to watch for is the development he has with the coaching staff (specifically, Carroll and the OC) and how well the OL plays. Lack of an OL doomed Kolb this past season and something similar could happen to Flynn. Flynn should hope his first game isn't against the Niners..

gifty

puneethv29 said:
Navkarn said:
bhangrathug said:

It's become a trend of late in the NFL to reward backups who have one good game with BIG long-term deals. Kevin Kolb is an example. Teams are becoming so dependent on QB play these days that they're willing to invest more money a lot quicker in QBs in the hope of finding the next franchise guy. Another thing lately is rookies are seldom given time to develop anymore, we've seen guys like Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, etc come in and start right away. Teams are a lot more willing to put a guy in with a FAR smaller sample size than before.
Its also very rare for a QB with a great sample size of good play to hit the open market. Drew Brees might be the exception, but he stunk his first 2 years in SD.

Its a passing league by design. The new rules in the NFL make teams pass more and more. The back shoulder throw on the sideline was never used 10 years ago and now its almost a staple in the best offenses. Playing DB has become so much harder, id argue that its harder than any position outside of QB.

Footballforlife--- Do some research, o-line is not our weakness.. not even close... We lost 3 starters last year and still produced. Marshawn Lynch was also the first back to rush for over a 100 yards against the 49ers and also score the first TD of the season against them! Trust me, the 49ers do not scare the Hawks.

footballforlife

gifty said:
Its also very rare for a QB with a great sample size of good play to hit the open market. Drew Brees might be the exception, but he stunk his first 2 years in SD.

Its a passing league by design. The new rules in the NFL make teams pass more and more. The back shoulder throw on the sideline was never used 10 years ago and now its almost a staple in the best offenses. Playing DB has become so much harder, id argue that its harder than any position outside of QB.

Footballforlife--- Do some research, o-line is not our weakness.. not even close... We lost 3 starters last year and still produced. Marshawn Lynch was also the first back to rush for over a 100 yards against the 49ers and also score the first TD of the season against them! Trust me, the 49ers do not scare the Hawks.

Seattle gave up the fourth most sacks in the league last season. While the run game was aided by the OL, they did not seem to fare all that well in the passing game. Granted I did not watch every hawks game last season, in fact just the two, but the impression is that they haven't quite jelled in the passing scheme.

mcgulz

Tebow is a Jet(for the 2nd time in one day lol)! God is a Jets fan after all hahahaa ;D

SanghaSoldier

mcgulz said:
Tebow is a Jet(for the 2nd time in one day lol)! God is a Jets fan after all hahahaa ;D

Being from NY, I think that was the DUMBEST move the Jets just made. If you just signed Sanchez for a 3 year extension, what are you supposed to do with Tebow? As bad as Sanchez has played this season, he can only get better if he continues to play, but by adding another QB, can that really happen? Wonder whose gonna be playing the bench this season.

gifty

footballforlife said:
gifty said:

Seattle gave up the fourth most sacks in the league last season. While the run game was aided by the OL, they did not seem to fare all that well in the passing game. Granted I did not watch every hawks game last season, in fact just the two, but the impression is that they haven't quite jelled in the passing scheme.
You apparently don;t know how horrible Tarvaris Jackson is in the pocket, the guy has absolute zero awareness around him regarding pass rush. You can't just look at sacks numbers and determine pass-pro. Many other variables go into it such as who played where and when.. etc..
We were a complete different team by the end of the season compared to the first 6 games. Like i said, the o-line is not a problem, we got one of the best coaches in the business coaching up that line (Tom Cable). The Seahawks also have invested heavily in our o-line with early round draft picks.

Regarding the Tebow trade... I love that guy and his attitude.I really hope he succeeds in New York. However, its Sanchez job. But i'm sure Sparano is drooling over the fact that he has finally found the perfect person to run his WC, unlike the failed experiment with Pat White.

footballforlife

gifty said:
footballforlife said:
gifty said:

You apparently don;t know how horrible Tarvaris Jackson is in the pocket, the guy has absolute zero awareness around him regarding pass rush. You can't just look at sacks numbers and determine pass-pro. Many other variables go into it such as who played where and when.. etc..
We were a complete different team by the end of the season compared to the first 6 games. Like i said, the o-line is not a problem, we got one of the best coaches in the business coaching up that line (Tom Cable). The Seahawks also have invested heavily in our o-line with early round draft picks.

Regarding the Tebow trade... I love that guy and his attitude.I really hope he succeeds in New York. However, its Sanchez job. But i'm sure Sparano is drooling over the fact that he has finally found the perfect person to run his WC, unlike the failed experiment with Pat White.
Yea, I'm not sure why Seattle ever signed T-Jax in the first place; he was mediocre at best in Minnesota. And sure, sacks won't tell the entire story but you can look adjusted stats (which still don't tell the entire story, but I digress). http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
You can see they are ranked very well in the power rush but not so much in the pass blocking. Is a QB responsible for sacks? Yes. But so is the OL as well as the playcalling to try to protect the QB (and yet Alex Smith still led the league in sacks...) Regardless, things can swing very quickly in the NFL so time will tell.

I think it sucks Tebow got traded to NY. It won't help that the microscope in NY will be 1000 times worse for the guy. Wonder how he does this season..