Please stop bringing Jus Reign to comps

Saab

Today is a gift
Shahrukh said:
Burgh brought paul varghese a few years back and he was hands down the GREATEST SHOW MC EVER! He is an indian stand up comedian but he doesnt make indian/racial jokes just a normal stand up comedian he had the entire audience laughing our asses off. I think bhangra competitions can use rising stand up comedians as show mc's its not like the mc needs to be a bhangra expert, just need to be able to introduce the teams and make some jokes/ get the audience involved in a non offensive way. Stand up comedians are the way to go!
I have been trying to get paul varghese back for years. Dudes amazing and a really sweet dude too.

Hoya Singh

100% agree with this. Half my team is not brown and last year he pulled two of our white dancers on stage after we performed and was like why are you even here...? Love his videos but the man just does not know how to MC

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Why do desi youtube "Sensations" think it's funny to point out someone's race? Non-desis have been dancing on bhangra teams for two decades.

#outoftouch

mrchicity

Shahrukh said:
Burgh brought paul varghese a few years back and he was hands down the GREATEST SHOW MC EVER! He is an indian stand up comedian but he doesnt make indian/racial jokes just a normal stand up comedian he had the entire audience laughing our asses off. I think bhangra competitions can use rising stand up comedians as show mc's its not like the mc needs to be a bhangra expert, just need to be able to introduce the teams and make some jokes/ get the audience involved in a non offensive way. Stand up comedians are the way to go!
I was trying to think of this guys name yesterday, dude was an amazing host. I was more entertained watching him during the show than some of the performances.

singhk1

Yeah I agree, there's a difference between being funny and being racist, Russel peters does it to the prime he's hilarious Jus reign just sounds racist and + to add the line that he said "this is probably the most enjoyable thing you'll ever be apart of" or something like that...Are u kidding

singhk1

KarnSingh said:
singhk1 said:
Yeah I agree, there's a difference between being funny and being racist, Russel peters does it to the prime he's hilarious Jus reign just sounds racist and + to add the line that he said "this is probably the most enjoyable thing you'll ever be apart of" or something like that...Are u kidding

He's too folk for emcee-ing.

Something like that...

HarmanToor

Nachde Yaar Punjab De
Recruiting a Youtube celebrity to host a bhangra competition is a very risky move, if I was on the bhangra committee, I would have shot that idea down asap.

Youtube success comes from scripts, editing, and special effects, that's about all the talent you need. Hyping up, directing and entertaining a crowd is a totally different animal and takes a very intelligent and truly on-the-spot comedic individual to pull off properly.

sganesha

I loved Superwoman at Blowout and at Tdot, and what I saw of WBBC. I personally think she is more into the Bhangra scene than Jus Reign is but that might just be because I am by a bigger fan of Superwoman. It was really awkward at Burgh because there were a lot of families there and not all of his material was appropriate ( I was sitting next to a row of three kids at one point and it was kinda awks).

jfried

Love JusReign as a YouTuber but god, his humor just doesn't translate to standup at all. He bombed at Boiler last year, he bombed at BBC and he uses the same damn schtick every time, down to the Rupan Bal mom video and his dance-off with the white guy. Timothy absolutely shut him up, though. That was awesome.

Pavan

that guy who went to CMU was pretty funny. I believe he was the MC at burgh 2 years ago (2011) and did a hfd comp too. suraj i think? anyway, he was pretty good, not sure if he is still doing that stuff.

jfried

Lilly Singh said:
[SIZE=78%][/quoteI [/SIZE]
gkmann said:

If Superwoman didn't act so thug she would be an even better host
I didn't choose the Thug Life. The Thug Life chose me. =D
Lol mad respect for addressing the haters head-on, Lilly. For what it's worth, I thought you did a damn good job hosting WBBC. Funny and actually knew what the deal was with the teams. It added to the experience, as opposed to detracting.