• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

*Premier League Title - or how lvg spent 200 mill on a Prius*

Saab

Today is a gift
So we got:

1. Arsenal
2. Leicester City
3. Arabian Oil Soccer Corp
4. Tottenham

What's your outlook for the season? Where do players end up (I.e. I'm almost positive arsenal brings in lacazette and mahrez/vardy stay). Who gets sacked?

What a year - the year no one wants to win.

shwinerz

Would place a bet that Arsenal won't buy Lacazette! Would only go out and buy a striker if they're absolute world class and would easily knock Giroud/Walcott off starting position. Lacazettes not that player.

Think Arsenal are just about strengthening midfield a bit. Leicester will drop off. City need to just make their players play better... Got the best squad in the league by far, but underperforming.

Saab

Today is a gift
shwinerz said:
Would place a bet that Arsenal won't buy Lacazette! Would only go out and buy a striker if they're absolute world class and would easily knock Giroud/Walcott off starting position. Lacazettes not that player.

Think Arsenal are just about strengthening midfield a bit. Leicester will drop off. City need to just make their players play better... Got the best squad in the league by far, but underperforming.
I would say arsenals least likely place of improvement is the midfield
Maybe a healthy destroyer like wanyama, but giroud/Walcott just don't show up as much as lacazette did last year with a sub-par team. You could even take fakir - still better than that combo.

Interesting on Leicester - I'm assuming they buy with new money coming in. City...well when guardiola is announced I can only assume the pellegrini era will hinge on whether he has a landing spot after.